• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life |OT| Please don't try to understand

TheGrue

I tried hitting a relay last night and my traveling kid was still on the docks hanging out and I SpotPassed someone who had Tomodachi but I didn't receive any hits - even though I had tagged for Animal Crossing, MiiPlaza, and Pokémon. The only place I had gotten StreetPasses so far was E3. Nothing since and I know I've reset the system and turned off and turned back on the feature in the game. :/

I got 4 street passes from the Denver airport this morning. Definitely works.

zroid

Banned
RurouniZel and Miku finally got married! Honeymoon pics:

hni_0006_mpo15sx5.jpg

hni_0007_mpol3sxu.jpg

hni_0008_mpo3msxa.jpg

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I should change the time because I find myself only getting to play this after midnight and I miss out on events and awake peeps.

I should change the time because I find myself only getting to play this after midnight and I miss out on events and awake peeps.

I found that the first couple nights I had this game only one or two Miis would be awake past midnight, but now around half of them are. I don't know if that's coincidence or because I keep playing really late or what.

Chaos17

BrIfLb5CMAE3VLB.jpg:large

Sending a child as an explorer was a sad thing to do.
Looking at the animated album photo was sad.
First and last time, I will do this.

BrIfLb5CMAE3VLB.jpg:large

Sending a child as an explorer was a sad thing to do.
Looking at the animated album photo was sad.
First and last time, I will do this.

Oh No! I'm at that point now! I can't progress until i decide!
Do i send Katt & Vigo's daughter Sophia out into the world or keep her on the island?
I've only had 3 people with Tomodachi in my streetpass list so i don't want her languishing on an empty dock on my DS for weeks! :(

I promise to put up some pictures this evening of weddings and such. This game is brilliant for checking in when it's quiet at work! I've also picked up 200+ streetpasses in the last 2 weeks - woot!

Sakura Yume

Neo Member
Do you gain anything from sending travelers?
I know you gain exclusive items from receiving them...

Supposedly one of the treasures is only gotten through a letter from a traveler you send off.

What I decided to do was just keep couples' first child, but send off the rest since there's only so much space in the apartment. I mean, if every single person in a full apartment got married, you wouldn't be able to keep any of the children so I figured that was a good way to pick so I can keep further generations of kids too.

Still sad, but considering there's no limit to how many kids a couple could have...

very odd. its been a while since i had the game, and my first mii (which is me) is pretty antisocial. he'll only talk to my brother's mii, but he won't interact with the other 37 miis in the apartment. any way to get him to talk to the others?

zroid

Banned
very odd. its been a while since i had the game, and my first mii (which is me) is pretty antisocial. he'll only talk to my brother's mii, but he won't interact with the other 37 miis in the apartment. any way to get him to talk to the others?

Most likely scenario is your brother's Mii introduces yours to one of his friends. That's how I got my Samus to open up a bit more. She only had like one or two friends, but the situation started to improve after one of them introduced her to someone. Now Samus is close to getting married (which was another fix-up).

Most likely scenario is your brother's Mii introduces yours to one of his friends. That's how I got my Samus to open up a bit more. She only had like one or two friends, but the situation started to improve after one of them introduced her to someone. Now Samus is close to getting married (which was another fix-up).

looks like my brother's mii will only talk to mine too. lol this is funny cause we're complete opposites of this in real life. any way to get them to meet people?

Kyzon

looks like my brother's mii will only talk to mine too. lol this is funny cause we're complete opposites of this in real life. any way to get them to meet people?

Keep them fed and wearing something they like. Then they're more likely to talk to people instead of asking for those things.

Might be a silly question, but the items you get for 'rewards' in the game (like I got a plastic trophy etc).... what are they for? Can you put them in people's rooms? Or are they just for collecting/selling?

Sorry I only just started getting properly stuck in to the game the past few days.

Game makes me laugh so much. :D

Markun

Might be a silly question, but the items you get for 'rewards' in the game (like I got a plastic trophy etc).... what are they for? Can you put them in people's rooms? Or are they just for collecting/selling?

Sorry I only just started getting properly stuck in to the game the past few days.

Game makes me laugh so much. :D

They're mostly there to be sold. You can also give treasures to a Mii when they want to ask another Mii to be their sweetheart via the give present option when they ask how they should confess.

Thanks, I'll probably just keep at least one of each item and sell any surplus ones that aren't interesting then.

I was wondering how I was meant to afford all those expensive rooms and clothes lol.

Grizzo

I just got this game today and all I can say is: what the hell? I definitely didn't expect it to be that funny

I must have played it three hours straight since I got it. Adding Miis of people you know or celebrities makes it so personal and original.

By the way, I hope I can buy some more hair dye pretty soon because I wasted my last one on one of my Mii (I used by mistake and thought you could cancel it but you can't).

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
By the way, I hope I can buy some more hair dye pretty soon because I wasted my last one on one of my Mii (I used by mistake and thought you could cancel it but you can't).
You can't; gotta interact more for more. It sucks when they ask for a bath though since it reverts their hair color.

Grizzo

You can't; gotta interact more for more. It sucks when they ask for a bath though since it reverts their hair color.

Oh :( I thought I just hadn't unlocked it yet, since there is a button "Buy" at the bottom of the screen, right below "Hair Dye" (but I can't click on it)

oh well, I just got hope I'm gonna get lucky (instead of getting those damn Cold Medicine, haha)

zroid

Banned
Ha! Looks like Paritan traded up. MicH broke up with her, but now she's sweethearts with Sakurai!
Sorry MicH, LOL

8bit

Knows the Score
My 3DS is registered in the UK for language and cost reasons although I'm in Switzerland. My first couple got married, and honeymooned in Switzerland. The first place they visited was Basel, which I live just outside of.

Thanks for the mindfuck Nintendo!

rBfaoKI.jpg

Amalthea

Banned
My 3DS is registered in the UK for language and cost reasons although I'm in Switzerland. My first couple got married, and honeymooned in Switzerland. The first place they visited was Basel, which I live just outside of.

Thanks for the mindfuck Nintendo!

http://i.imgur.com/rBfaoKI.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's not like we're a tourist destination!

kubus

Filsamech and Cooking Mama are in a relationship in my game. I shudder at the thought of them having children. Especially if the child inherits Cooking Mama's nose, which is hidden inside her mouth for aesthetic reasons.

Fletcher

How many accounts are possible with one game? My wife wants to try it, but so do I. Would we be able to have two separate accounts like in AC?

zroid

Banned
How many accounts are possible with one game? My wife wants to try it, but so do I. Would we be able to have two separate accounts like in AC?

just one I'm afraid. That said, I don't see any reason why you both can't share the same file and still have fun.

I bought Tomodachi Life a few days ago and so far I'm really enjoying it. I do have a question to those who have put a considerable amount of time into the game: is there a lot to unlock? How many hours did you put into the game before you noticed that you were seeing more old than new?

I'll be at this game for a while yet, as it's perfect to pick up and play for a few minutes here and there, but I can't help but wonder how much time is needed to effectively "beat" the game.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Anyone have a spare "welcome code" to spare? I would be grateful! Thanks!

(I hope this is the right place to beg :)

Edit:

I found the right place nvm! :)

MicH

Robin64 is a ladies man. Beyoncé just divorced him, but Lightning is ready on the sideline wantng to confess her love for him! Let's see what he says...

He agreed to go out with her! Wowowowow, no time to be sad over his divorce!

zroid

Banned
Oh wow, I just made a new Mii, and the VERY FIRST thing I fed him was his SUPER ALL-TIME FAVE!

awwwwww yeeeaaaaaaaaahh

It was Ramen!

zroid

Banned
So I finally imported Ashley (from WarioWare) onto my Island... I made her a kid but used the Age-o-matic. First time I had a chance to use that item, it was pretty funny. XD

It made her grow a bit but I just shrank her back down. Now she's a 15 year old "grown-up" so that worked out more or less.

it's going to be creepy when she gets married

BooJoh

I've tweaked all my children a little. Mostly adding glasses if one or both parents have them and fixing any overly-derpy features. Luigi and Reiko's son Logan was pretty close to perfect. I made his nose and eyes a little bigger and changed his eye color from black (not a fan of black Mii eyes) and felt he just didn't look right without his dad's 'stache.

BrQdDHpCMAIX6Ne.jpg

In other news, everyone's in love with Samus on my island. She's in a relationship with Sakurai, and they've both tried to propose but those are the two times I've managed to botch the proposal minigame. And my mom is dating Chuck Norris.

I bought Tomodachi Life a few days ago and so far I'm really enjoying it. I do have a question to those who have put a considerable amount of time into the game: is there a lot to unlock? How many hours did you put into the game before you noticed that you were seeing more old than new?

I'll be at this game for a while yet, as it's perfect to pick up and play for a few minutes here and there, but I can't help but wonder how much time is needed to effectively "beat" the game.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

It depends on how many miis you import. The more you import, the faster you'll see everything, but the daily things like clothing and hats will keep surprising you if you don't spoil things too much.

FWIW the credits roll the first time a married couple's child grows to adulthood, and the hardest location to unlock is unlocked the first time you send an adult child off as a traveler.

Top Bottom