• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life |OT| Please don't try to understand

kubus

I've stumbled upon married Miis showering alone in their house, but not that scene
Yeah same with me, just showers only.
I bet they cut it!
Really? I don't remember seeing that in the Japanese version. Perhaps this is also a result of localization? I think showers are pretty much normal in the West (although here lots of people have baths as well). In Japan, it's normally just baths, I guess.

In the Japanese version, sometimes parents go into a bath with their child as well:

wFF13SH.jpg

It's really cute. Too bad if they cut it, but I guess I can see why. Cultural differences and all that.

Chaos17

Quick question, has anyone seen this scene in their game yet? It can only occur in a married Miis house:

tumblr_mm0slw6Nu61s4bj5vo3_400.jpg

I've put more than 50 hours in Tomodachi Life already but I still haven't seen this particular scenario (screenshot is from the Japanese version, where I got this scene quite regularly). Maybe I have just been playing at the wrong times or something. Not curious because I'm a perv, just wondering if it had maybe been cut from the localization :p.
No, I did not!
I hope it wasn't cut out.

Is there any way encourage marriage? It's been a week and none of my couples have made that commitment. If they're not willing to commit I think I'll just break them apart. It'll be better in the long run for everyone.

zroid

Banned
That reminds me, my Sakurai Mii uttered something about the competitive community right before I clicked out of his apartment and my Bill Trinen Mii wanted to buy a 3DS game that involved rupees.

lmao, my Sakurai wanted to buy a 3DS game involving rupees :p

zigg

So what's the deal with a Mii marked as my spouse?

Early on we seemed to be getting along, but then had a fight, and now I have no idea if anything's going to happen again.

EDIT: Also, scan me! I'm delightful
ly dull
!

daydream

Banned
oh lawd

yeah, uh, that's a lot. but once you get a lot of Miis up to level 20, the revenue stream does speed up quite a bit

Got it. Didn't know that levelling up had something to do with that.

Imagine giving that dress to someone and them rejecting it, though. lol

daydream

Banned
There's another nice thing about getting Miis to level 20 related to that, but I won't spoil it :p

Huh. I'll have to find out.

I've been pretty good about checking once a day, but reaching for my 3DS every hour is tedious to me. I wish the part where you talked to Miis was a bit more streamlined, e.g. why do they have to say 'hello' and 'take this as thanks" every single time..

BooJoh

Miyamoto wanted to be a kid again.

Brq7MwkCEAIPPIZ.jpg

I wish there was a way to push people into having a kid. My mii has been married for 2 weeks now, most of the time as "Soul Mates" and they haven't asked me about having kids yet.

King Taiyo

Neo Member
So I busted my butt playing endlessly to be able to afford the $20000 Golden apartment decor only to give it to my Mii and she just "likes" it. Arrrgh.

zroid

Banned
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed male Miis tend to confess more often, but female Miis tend to propose more often?

Kouriozan

Good news?
After their divorce, Iwata married Nikki once more!

BrtRGsTCUAA0UBy.jpg

Iwata seems to be glad about this.

BrtRUFICMAABtYT.jpg

5 houses now! But still no babies! It has almost been 1 whole months since I got the game.

BrtRjdkCMAM7AzE.jpg

Robin64

It;s really starting to irritate me that I'm not getting Tomodachi StreetPasses from relay points :X

I've read that there's a bit of a bug with this.

One guy in the StreetPass thread seemed to have the problem, and the solution was to enable StreetPass in another title.

To fix Tomodachi, he went into Animal Crossing and disabled then re-enabled the StreetPass function in that game, then Tomodachi started working fine.

The bug seems to be that the latest title you activate may not work properly.

zroid

Banned
Holy shit, the "Galactic" interior is ace

I've read that there's a bit of a bug with this.

One guy in the StreetPass thread seemed to have the problem, and the solution was to enable StreetPass in another title.

To fix Tomodachi, he went into Animal Crossing and disabled then re-enabled the StreetPass function in that game, then Tomodachi started working fine.

The bug seems to be that the latest title you activate may not work properly.

Very interesting, I'll give it a try

BooJoh

Btw, out of curiosity - has anyone reached the maximum Miis allowed? Does something exciting happen when you fill all the apartments?

I have 79 with a 45:34 M:F ratio, I need to add some more females but I want to save a couple slots for children too.

I am having issues with some of my newer residents not making friends very quickly.

MicH

Oh wow, Robin64. He knows what he's doing with the ladies. Let's recap:

He was married to Beyoncé, but they got divorced.
Literally a day after that, Lightning confessed her love for him, and they're now dating.

And just now Whoopi Goldberg confessed her love for him (while he's in a relationship with Lightning), BUT Misty showed up and confessed her love for him too! He turned both down.

Jesus Christ, Robin64! Breaking hearts one by one

zroid

Banned
Robin is constantly dropping truth bombs. Today he asked me how energetic I'm feeling, and then told me I should eat more veggies and get more sleep.

Damn.

Just hit the 31 hour mark. New/funny bits are few and far between at this point, and I'm now officially sick of feeding my people. So I think I'm done. Got my money's worth, though.

Chaos17

Oh wow, Robin64. He knows what he's doing with the ladies. Let's recap:

He was married to Beyoncé, but they got divorced.
Literally a day after that, Lightning confessed her love for him, and they're now dating.

And just now Whoopi Goldberg confessed her love for him (while he's in a relationship with Lightning), BUT Misty showed up and confessed her love for him too! He turned both down.

Jesus Christ, Robin64! Breaking hearts one by one

The divorces are getting on my nerves because there seems no reasons to them. So I'm getting the habbit to check their friendlist to see if they're still in love or not >.>"

Grizzo

Just hit the 31 hour mark. New/funny bits are few and far between at this point, and I'm now officially sick of feeding my people. So I think I'm done. Got my money's worth, though.

Lucky you

I feel like I've seen everything this game has to offer in only 12 hours of game time :(

Vysetron

Neo Member
Sort of tempted to get this to make a bunch of Greek deities live in an apartment complex together. Probably just going to skip it though.

Grizzo

Sort of tempted to get this to make a bunch of Greek deities live in an apartment complex together. Probably just going to skip it though.

well, you can do that but I gotta warn you that most of the clothes you can buy are pretty ugly, so that would ruin the immersion

plus you can only buy like 5 of them everyday

Vysetron

Neo Member
well, you can do that but I gotta warn you that most of the clothes you can buy are pretty ugly, so that would ruin the immersion

plus you can only buy like 5 of them everyday

Wouldn't really play it for immersion given that you can't customize the island and there's, like, a theme park. Thanks for letting me know though, I feel better about letting it go.

After Nature

Neo Member
Just got my account verified so I can finally take part in this thread after lurking here since the game's EU release.

I really enjoy the quirkiness and strangeness of this game. I actually like it more than New Leaf, mostly because most of the gameplay in AC felt like chores (although I have like 250 hours or something in that game) and Tomodachi is more laid back.

I have like 45 miis on my Island, byt only three married couples. Byt the couples have resulted in three kids. A bit bummed that the other couples wont tie the knot and start creating offspring in my game.

^ man you need to look after them!

When they're camping you can enter their tents and talk, give them messages, feed them, etc. if you level up their happiness they'll offer you a special food, which you can buy using playcoins.

Looks like you've missed out on getting quite a few :(

MrKeinov

OMFG

Can I have this Mii QR? I need to see this?

I can give the QR, but my game is European. If yours is US it would not come with clothes and interior. (which sucks badly, there are some pretty amazing US QR's out there which I cant use with full potential)

4z6QEHi.jpg

Top Bottom