• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too many games this fall.

hiryu

This is just my wishlist from ebgames and it is quite ridiculous. How do these companies expect their games to sell with so much competition. It's absurd how much money I will spend this fall on videogames. This doesn't even have some DS games on it. Hopefully some of this gets delayed until the spring.

Product Name Price

Fable with Bonus! XBX
Pre-Order: Ships on 9/14/2004 $49.99

Gradius V PS2
Pre-Order: Ships on 9/14/2004 $29.99

Half-Life 2 PC
Pre-Order: Ships on 11/1/2004 $49.99

Dead or Alive Ultimate with Bonus! XBX
Pre-Order: Ships on 9/30/2004 $54.99

Gran Turismo 4 PS2
Pre-Order: Ships on 11/14/2004 $49.99

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater PS2
Pre-Order: Ships on 11/15/2004 $49.99

Red Star XBX
Pre-Order: Ships on 9/21/2004 $49.99

Star Wars Battlefront with Bonus! PC
Pre-Order: Ships on 9/20/2004 $49.99

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas PS2
Pre-Order: Ships on 10/18/2004 $49.99

Nintendo DS GBA
Pre-Order: Ships on 11/29/2004 $199.99

Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War with Bonus! PC
Pre-Order: Ships on 9/20/2004 $49.99

Silent Hill 4: The Room with Bonus! XBX
Pre-Order: Ships on 9/7/2004 $39.99

World of Warcraft Collector's Edition with Bonus! PC
Pre-Order: Ships on 11/15/2004 $79.99

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes GC

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door GC
Pre-Order: Ships on 10/11/2004 $49.99

Demon Stone with Bonus! PS2
Pre-Order: Ships on 9/14/2004 $49.95

Viewtiful Joe 2 GC
Pre-Order: Ships on 11/23/2004 $39.99

Everquest II DVD with Bonus! PC

Monster Hunter PS2
Pre-Order: Ships on 9/21/2004 $49.99

EverQuest: Omens Of War PC
Pre-Order: Ships on 9/13/2004 $29.99

Mega Man X Command Mission with Bonus! GC
Pre-Order: Ships on 9/21/2004 $39.99

Burnout 3: Takedown with Bonus! XBX
Pre-Order: Ships on 9/7/2004 $49.99

Lord of the Rings: The Third Age with Bonus! XBX
Pre-Order: Ships on 11/2/2004 $49.99

Halo 2 Limited Collector's Edition XBX
Pre-Order: Ships on 11/8/2004 $54.99

Baten Kaitos GC
Pre-Order: Ships on 11/16/2004 $49.99

Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal PS2
Pre-Order: Ships on 11/2/2004 $39.99

Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within XBX
Pre-Order: Ships on 11/16/2004 $39.99

MEGAMAN X8 PS2 PS2
Pre-Order: Ships on 11/23/2004 $39.99

Shadow of Rome PS2
Pre-Order: Ships on 11/2/2004 $49.99

CAPCOM FIGHTING EVOLUTION PS2 PS2
Pre-Order: Ships on 11/16/2004 $39.99

Neo Contra PS2
Pre-Order: Ships on 10/26/2004 $39.99

Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders XBX
Pre-Order: Ships on 9/20/2004 $39.99

Donkey Konga GC
Pre-Order: Ships on 9/27/2004 $49.99

Guilty Gear X2 #Reload XBX
Pre-Order: Ships on 9/7/2004 $19.99

OutRun 2 XBX
Pre-Order: Ships on 10/25/2004 $39.99

Otogi 2 XBX
Pre-Order: Ships on 10/19/2004 $39.99

Street Fighter Limited Edition Ken Controller PS2
Pre-Order: Ships on 9/9/2004 $24.99

Street Fighter Limited Edition Ryu Controller PS2
Pre-Order: Ships on 9/9/2004 $24.99

Advance Guardian Heroes GBA
Pre-Order: Ships on 9/14/2004 $29.99

DK Bongos GC
Pre-Order: Ships on 9/29/2004 $34.99

Star Wars Trilogy (Widescreen) DVD DVD
Pre-Order: Ships on 9/20/2004 $59.99

Classic NES Series: Metroid GBA
Pre-Order: Ships on 10/25/2004 $19.99

Classic NES Series: Zelda II GBA
Pre-Order: Ships on 10/25/2004 $19.99

KATAMARI DAMASHI PS2 PS2
Pre-Order: Ships on 9/21/2004 $19.99

FINAL FANTASY I & II GBA GBA
Pre-Order: Ships on 11/29/2004 $29.99

AeroGod

Dont worry about EQ2. That is almost definatly not coming out this year. I just dont see it happening.

You dont need all those those titles at the same time either. You'll have so much to play most of it will end up sitting wrapped in plastic untill after Christmas. I want alot of that shit too, but ive cut myself down to about 5 titles because I know Ill spend a great deal of time with San Andreas, Halo 2, and WoW. I could easily wait until next spring/summer probably for things like Demon Stone, Paper Mario, Third Age, Red Star, Prime 2, Neo Contra. By then some of these titles may even have dropped in price.

There was a time when I would buy every game I wanted as soon as it came out, but its foolish. Especially now when the number of good games far outweighs the time you'll have to play them. Plus some of those games are online and MMOs, so you'll be spending more then your usual amount of time with them.

Pace yourself and save some money. Pick about 8 or so of those and wait on the rest.

Im holding off on DS also, the initial library of games is going to be poor anyways.

Deg

Banned
Another problem is the time. I have time now but when these games come out i'll be busy!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
...and my backlog purchased but not lot played list will continue to grow....

Matlock

Banned
Right now my list stands at:

Def Jam Vendetta: Fight For New York
Katamari Damacy

The rest I can probably wait for.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Katamari Damacy and Street Fighter AC, and I only *might* be able to get those because my birthday is this month. Haha, I'm poor.

hiryu

I thought I had Total War and Half Life 2 in there but add them too. Yeah, I will wait on a bunch of them. Heck, after a month most of them will be half price with all of the competition for money and shelf space. I just wish companies would pace themselves more.

atomsk

Party Pooper
i've managed to cut my list down considerably...

september...
pikmin 2
burnout 3
fable
katamari
donkey konga

october...
paper mario
GTA:SA
takio drum master

november...
mario tennis
metroid prime 2
katamari 2 (import)
taiko 5 (import)

december:
mario party 6
conker
donkey kong jungle beat (import)

so thats not... too bad. this month is pretty nasty, but Katamari is only 20, and i can get fable for 9 bucks from Xbox Retail team...

Prospero

I thought I'd made up my fall/winter shopping list, but I've now given up on buying almost any product on its release date this season except possibly the DS. (And frankly, I'm afraid that the DS is going to have some kind of unforeseeable design flaw that will burn early adopters--I'm inclined to wait on that as well.)

The only thing I have pre-ordered right now is Donkey Konga, only because it'll probably be impossible to find for at least a month after the release date.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Broshnat said:
Why do Sega continue supporting the X-Box?

Because the company needs to keep its reputation for making tons of extremely poor decisions...

I know, I'm trying to be strategic with my purchases. there's just too many games to just buy everything.

my list so far:
Katamari Damacy
Outrun 2
Half Life 2
Fable
Monster Hunter

Redbeard

Banned
Broshnat said:

I don't see much "support". Outrun 2 is a game made for the arcade that Sega isn't porting themselves or even publishing outside of Japan. And they didn't make Otogi 2, they're just publishing it.

Ranger X

I thought i would enter a thread of deep discussion and thoughts about the state of the industry, what is this overcrowded holiday time could 'cause, why is all this happening and what devellopers and publisher will have to do in order to permit the market to grow in the coming years etc etc etc...

Damn, i'll go back masturbating.

seismologist said:
I know, I'm trying to be strategic with my purchases. there's just too many games to just buy everything.

my list so far:
Katamari Damacy
Outrun 2
Half Life 2
Fable
Monster Hunter

My list keeps chaging by the day. Now I need to add Donkey Konga and Mario Tennis.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
man, i'm turning into a halo 2 addict, i watch all the movies i have numerous times a day and listen to halo and halo 2 music all the time argh argh

djtiesto said:
Because the company needs to keep its reputation for making tons of extremely poor decisions...

Why do all the people get upset with Sega supporting X-box. I wounder if the people that constantly complain about Sega supporting X-box, actually play Sega games. I ask, becuase it seem less this attitude is created from, company A not giving company B the support that will help company B, and not being a diehard Sega fan. If you are a true fan of Sega you would have no problem getting an x-box. I know I plan on getting a Gamecube soon, to go along with my PS2 and X-box, for Monkey Ball 1 and 2, Billy Hatchers, Beach Spikers, and Puyo Puyo Fever.

Bad month for the wallet. Fortunately, I get a discount on KUF and Outrun 2, but even after Phantom Brave/Star Ocean/DW4E, I still have Gradius V, Burnout 3, Nocturne, and SH:Covenant to pick up. OUCH.

When's SF:AC Xbox?

Limedust

Seriously. I didn't realize how slow the year has been for releases I'm interested in until September rolled around. In addition to a lot of the stuff already mentioned here, I'm also interested in Gungrave: OD next week (crappy game or not, I loved the first). I don't see Sly Cooper 2 on any lists for this month either.

Broshnat said:

my responce
Why do all the people get upset with Sega supporting X-box. I wounder if the people that constantly complain about Sega supporting X-box, actually play Sega games. I ask, becuase it seem less this attitude is created from, company A not giving company B the support that will help company B, and not being a diehard Sega fan. If you are a true fan of Sega you would have no problem getting an x-box. I know I plan on getting a Gamecube soon, to go along with my PS2 and X-box, for Monkey Ball 1 and 2, Billy Hatchers, Beach Spikers, and Puyo Puyo Fever.

was to the above statment

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
sonic4ever said:

I was a fan of Sega, believe me, I still play my Dreamcast a lot, but their Xbox selection (actually, a lot of their output) just haven't been doing it for me lately. I don't think I'm alone on this one. I don't like sports games, so there goes the ESPN games. Ditto for racing games, so there goes Sega Rally. I've played Sonic Adv 1 and 2, Rez, and Skies on DC (and liked them a lot), so there goes those. But, JSRF seemed like a watered down version of the original, based on the 2 or 3 hours I played at my cousin's, Shinobi and Nightshade were riddled with repetitive level design and punishing gameplay (Nightshade was a bit better than Shinobi in this regard). They just don't seem to be releasing anywhere near the innovative hits they did on the DC (and Saturn, and Genesis, etc) days...

Virtua Cop 3 (arcade) is awesome, though. Beautiful to look at, awesome "bullet time" gameplay.

I have enough disposable income, but not enough time... I've got enough games to play, and so the Xbox doesn't really seem like a good investment at this point in time. When I finally get time to play, they're gonna be going for $40-50... plus, right now I'm gonna be making a big purchase (new car), so I won't have the money to throw around like I did a few months ago when I spent a ton on Duo stuff.

Top Bottom