• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

0bNbsPy.gif

Line_HTX

A handful of important staff people from Trigger, specifically those that worked on kill la kill, are here at Anime Matsuri in Houston. There was a giant crowd of people trying to get their autographs. Tomorrow is going to be even more crowded.

Hmm. Tomorrow is the FUNi Industry Panel at AniBoston. Hmm....

What kind of big announcements could we be expecting not just in terms of Toonami but in terms of Funimation simulcast/dubs/home releases? Outside of probably giving us details on this season's simuldubs I'm not sure what big surprises they have in store.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
What kind of big announcements could we be expecting not just in terms of Toonami but in terms of Funimation simulcast/dubs/home releases? Outside of probably giving us details on this season's simuldubs I'm not sure what big surprises they have in store.

No sure but I am being told FUNI is going to be having a simultaneous announcement at BOTH panels they are hosting tomorrow. Something big is getting announced tomorrow, that seems to be the case.

No sure but I am being told FUNI is going to be having a simultaneous announcement at BOTH panels they are hosting tomorrow. Something big is getting announced tomorrow, that seems to be the case.

The only BIG things I can think of that would resonate with their crowds would be either HxH or JoJo dub plans. They've already announced the DBZ Resurrection of F dub and I don't think Kai Buu Saga really deserves some kind of big reveal.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The only BIG things I can think of that would resonate with their crowds would be either HxH or JoJo dub plans. They've already announced the DBZ Resurrection of F dub and I don't think Kai Buu Saga really deserves some kind of big reveal.

That could be what is going down.

Grexeno

I would lose my shit.

I wish I had known this was going to happen this week, I've been planning a trip to Boston for a few weeks now.

Didn't we talk about going last year to see the Titan dub premier and then ended up not going? We need to fix this sometime in the future we both live too close to such a big con to not be going

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Didn't we talk about going last year to see the Titan dub premier and then ended up not going? We need to fix this sometime in the future we both live too close to such a big con to not be going

I think so, we need to make the trip one year. It sucks a lot this year because I've got a free voucher for the acela train that lasts til mid-May.

Seda

Checking back, Toonami-specific announcements at cons or otherwise:

Sword Art Online - Anime Boston '13.
Kill La Kill - Otakon '15.
Sword Art Online II - Katsucon '15

One Piece - Momocon '13
Dragon Ball Z Kai - Momocon '14

Blue Exoricst was announced by Aniplex (and not Toonami) but I don't think that was at a con, just a random press release.

Usually FUNimation shows are announced via the Toonami Tumblr Black Lagoon, Hellsing, Soul Eater after leaking). Inuyasha Final Act was also announced via toonami.tumblr.

Space Dandy was actually first 'announced' via Japanese press, and then shortly after on toonami.tumblr
Attack on Titan was announced with a TV-aired teaser.
Gurren Lagann was announced via a Q&A goodie.

Funi announcement will probably be One Punch Man simuldub and some other crap that isn't HxH or JoJo.

That's even less likely then HxH and JoJo as OPM was only announced like a week ago and there is very little info about it. The only simuldubs being announced tomorrow will be for spring 2015 anime

Raxus

That's even less likely then HxH and JoJo as OPM was only announced like a week ago and there is very little info about it. The only simuldubs being announced tomorrow will be for spring 2015 anime
Shows how much i keep up with anime seasons.

The bones anime could be simulcast. I can't think of much else.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Maybe Toonami is helping fund it and they'll be doing a dub, like with Space Dandy?

Shows how much i keep up with anime seasons.

The bones anime could be simulcast. I can't think of much else.

Funimation has Blood Blockade Battlefront (bones show), Heroic Legend of Arslan, Highschool DxD s3, Mikagura, Seraph of the End, Ninja Slayer (Trigger show), Show By Rock, and Disappearance of Yuki-Chan currently announced for simulcast for spring 2015. If we're getting new simuldubs it'll be from these shows, my money would be on Ninja Slayer and/or Seraph being the most likely simuldubs

Maybe Toonami is helping fund it and they'll be doing a dub, like with Space Dandy?

Space Dandy was announced waaaay before it's simuldub announcement, OPM anime is a fall show which means we won't see any plans for it to be simulcast or simuldubbed until mid Summer at the earliest. I also think Space Dandy was the exception when it came to how early its simuldub was announced due to the Wantabe factor. OPM doesn't have the same kind of name power behind it in the anime world that a company like Funi/AS would invest that heavily in it.

The next anime AS will help fund for a quick dub is Bleach Final Act lets be real here.

Crocodile

The One Punch Man anime doesn't come out until October. What's the point of talking about it now? Even the Dandy Toonami broadcast dub wasn't announced 6 months ahead of time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I kind of doubt we'd get an announcement now. The next ending show, Final Act, still has 2 months to go (June 6th), & after that, Kill la Kill is July 25th. We don't usually get announcements about replacements this early.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I kind of doubt we'd get an announcement now. The next ending show, Final Act, still has 2 months to go (June 6th), & after that, Kill la Kill is July 25th. We don't usually get announcements about replacements this early.

Sure we do. DBZ was mega early. AoT and SAO were too. Cowboy Bebop HD was hella early.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Most of the big announcements were two or more months out. It's the smaller ones that get dropped on us.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sure we do. DBZ was mega early. AoT and SAO were too. Cowboy Bebop HD was hella early.
Ah, okay. Guess it's for the more popular stuff. I'm just used to hearing replacements happening a few weeks before, not a few months.

Guess if it was something like Sailor Moon or whatever, then I can see it getting announced a bit early.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
DUDE, DICK PUNCH.

WHAT KIND OF WAIFU WOULD DO THAT TO HER HUSBANDO?!

Had some good laughs with the first season, can't wait to watch S2

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Short women is the new android/thousand year old demon.
At least short women actually exist.

Edit: Aside from Disgaea & (bleh) Dance of the Vampire Bund, ARE there actually any anime/manga that pull the "demon is ### years old but looks 1#" crap that I hear people throw around on here?

Jintor

amazingly, she's also blonde because

gasp

she dyes her hair

Understand Husband is a great show, apart from the lil bro.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
At least short women actually exist.

Edit: Aside from Disgaea & (bleh) Dance of the Vampire Bund, ARE there actually any anime/manga that pull the "demon is ### years old but looks 1#" crap that I hear people throw around on here?

Not a ton. Aliens/Androids/AI/Spirits are much more common.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Watch as the twist at the end is that it was all based on a true story.

Not a ton. Aliens/Androids/AI/Spirits are much more common.
Oh, so it's just a stupid stereotype that gets thrown around because people don't do their research/are completely misinformed.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No, it's just replacing demons in the trope with robots/aliens.

Video games have more demons overall. It's a real ass trope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom