• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wonder if it has to deal with unions.
From what I'm hearing, most of the voice actors in the game are located in California while Funimation is in Texas, so maybe they didn't want to deal with flying so many people over to voice this series.

Kind of a bummer considering that from what I understand, Funimation was able to get a decent amount of the actors from the BlazBlue game to come voice their characters in the anime.

bring danganrompa to toonami
Man, I don't know. It's only about 12 episodes, so it skips over some stuff/has to go so much faster, so it doesn't have the same effect as the game's longer play time and getting to know the characters more.

It's more of a "you played the game, now see it in anime form!" show. I would imagine watching the anime, then playing the game wouldn't have the same enjoyment as going into the games blindly. You'd know all the twists and such, so you wouldn't get attached to the characters & the deaths wouldn't mean as much.

I do kind of wish we could get something with a good blend of mystery & action, to which Mirai Nikki might fit the quota.

BBboy20

CBd-sULUIAATFyP.jpg:large

THANKS OBAMA!
Doing god's work.

I am just trying to get the splatoon amiibos and already I feel like I've sold my soul.
Add in the Yoshi yarn ones, Nintendo finally got me hard. ;-;

I don't think its a matter of "does this ever happen" but rather of how prevalent it actually is. The way discussions often go in Gaming-Side, you'd think it was an infection plaguing the entirety of Japanese entertainment media rather than isolated to a few, perhaps noteworthy, instances. I'm not entirely sure how prevalent it actually is (it would probably require me to research products I personally have no interest in) but I feel its occurrence is way overblown.
Oh yeah, I read both the SMTxFE & FEif threads in both of their entirety and I ended up not responding to the SMTxFE one because I would have said some really edgy shit that might have gotten me banned. Seriously, half the guys describing "too lewd" had anime avatars. Fucking reminded me back when Leigh Alexander blocked me on Twitter just because I told her and Jason Shreier that they were appearing to be turning the road to equality into a which hunt (and I was a big fan of her's >=\).

whwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ANYWAYS, before the nightmare continues tonight let me recollect on this week:

This Direct was probably the 3rd best April Fools in entertainment, 2nd only to Blood Dragon not fake, and 1st...well, you know, ToonamiGAF.

When Awakening was released, it seemed like the critical darling of the year. Reading it's if thread, it's like there is a great divide. I figure I probably should play Awakening eventually...also, that Pokemon route in Japan seems a bit troubling.

200cc was what got me excited the most, just anticipating the rush is spine-tingling.

Surprised most aren't hyped up for HAL's new game.

Splatoon seems a bit slower then I thought or maybe that was how Treehouse was playing it that day.

Yeah, it does seem like their spreading the releases to contplate with Zelda's delay.

Mario Maker looked sick until I found out the lack of physics and not every item being available.

Was not aware Lucas was important to Smash. Seeing the comparisons of the two DLC characters, it does seem odd it's taking that long for them to be released to be that priced when not much has changed. But the responses from the Smash Ballot though....man, Nintendo really unleashed something.

Beyond Nintendo: I did not know Troy Baker and I share the same birthday! =D

Ended up getting some Skky cherry vodka so even when my brandy runs out, I got plenty of booze to calm the suffering on the next Saturday nights.

Also, I ended up getting Bloodborne and Raid 2 in my first #TREATYOSELF just because I never bought something for myself on my birthday. (Also, it's my first Souls game so I ended up dying too much).

Also: OH GOD, MY L BUTTON ON MY 3DS MIGHT BE GOING OUT! GOD DAMN IT AND I WAS CAREFUL WHERE MY LEG PLACEMENT WAS WHEN I WAS LAYING DOWN ON MY BED! :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So Funimation has an Industry Panel at Sakura Con going right now/soon? Think we'll hear anything of interest there?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe they already tweeted/blog about some of the news, like dubbing or getting the rights for certain anime.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH GOD, LET THIS MEAN THE DUB....

Also FREAKIN' 7 MONTHS FOR THE PRINT VERSION OF PART 2!?

Edit: Viz also announced Sailor Moon R uncut coming this July.....though why is the thumbnail of a full grown man kissing a small, pinked haired girl that clearly is underaged?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't think this means they got the anime rights, though it's still very likely. They already had the Part 3 manga rights for a while & released the Part 1 manga not too long ago digitally. It just means they have the manga rights & I SO hope after Part 2 or Part 3's re-release, they'll finally release Part 4.

Seda

That's the thing about most mobile games. You can see a commercial, or talk to a friend about one, and download it for free on your phone right then and there.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wait, you mean when you advertise on every major sporting event and every show with a solid 18-35 demographic for half a year your product suddenly becomes popular?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait, you mean when you advertise on every major sporting event and every show with a solid 18-35 demographic for half a year your product suddenly becomes popular?
& it so happens that 18-to-35 year old demographic like boobs.

.....& now I have an ad for Bleach Online with Orahime & bigger-boobied girl at the beach.

We'd get the blu ray version of crystal where all the issues people have posted are fixed. Heck the infamous Rei still shot from the OP was fixed for like episode 5 or 6 when it aired online

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hey guys.
I've got a code for The Wonderful 101. I already have the game and thought I could spend my remaining Club Nintendo coins on gifting the game to someone on here.

PM me if you're interested.

EDIT: Given away.

Hey guys.
I've got a code for The Wonderful 101. I already have the game and thought I could spend my remaining Club Nintendo coins on gifting the game to someone on here.

PM me if you're interested.

EDIT: Given away.

Wow. That's really cool of you, man.

Raxus

Man this season is off to a rough start, only Plastic Memories showing promise.

Save us saint Gintama! It is a shame this will never get dubbed I would love to watch the series in its entirety.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
They are assholes for showing us all this cool shit that happens in the OP right in the middle of this boring filler :mad:

Real talk, they better come back with some movie quality animation until the end or im gonna be uplifting some tables.

Man this season is off to a rough start, only Plastic Memories showing promise.

Save us saint Gintama! It is a shame this will never get dubbed I would love to watch the series in its entirety.

Shokugeki No Soma and F/SN are both pretty promising... well the later only in terms of beautiful action

Puruzi

Banned
Punchline and Ninja Slayer will be the best shows this season.
Unless Robot Girls Z+ comes out. In which case, fuck everything else. That show'll be best of the season and AOTY.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Punchline and Ninja Slayer will be the best shows this season.
Unless Robot Girls Z+ comes out. In which case, fuck everything else. That show'll be best of the season and AOTY.

SO far being the best of this season isn't a hard award to earn.

JDHarbs

Last week's DBZ is on adult swim right now. Have they always done this, or is it something new? I've never tuned in this early before to check it out.

Last week's DBZ is on adult swim right now. Have they always done this, or is it something new? I've never tuned in this early before to check it out.

I think it was mid February that Adult Swim started doing a DBZ encore at 8pm, they did try a OP encore at 8:30 but I think that was dropped due to poor ratings.

Just watched Seraph of the End

This is gonna be a Toonami show one day, has everything the AS/Toonami audience enjoys
and everything Toonami GAF rolls it's eyes at

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Just watched Seraph of the End

This is gonna be a Toonami show one day, has everything the AS/Toonami audience enjoys
and everything Toonami GAF rolls it's eyes at

It is Attack on Titan with vampires and a worse supporting cast.

It is Attack on Titan with vampires and a worse supporting cast.

I'm not sure we can make a comment about it's supporting cast *episode 1 spoilers*
considering everyone with any development in the first episode got butchered
unless you're comment is based upon what manga readers have said.

bigkrev

I'm not sure we can make a comment about it's supporting cast *episode 1 spoilers*
considering everyone with any development in the first episode got butchered
unless you're comment is based upon what manga readers have said.

Yeah, you haven't met the supporting characters yet.

Was watching some Ranma which reminded me of this gem from the Inuyasha card game.

E33KZ5O.jpg

In case you can't make that out, the card is called Yura's Flawless Snatch.

Grexeno

Anyone familiar with PS4 video sharing? I just beat the first Bloodborne boss and I want to upload the clip to Youtube, but it says that my PSN ID will transfer to Youtube. What does that mean?

ckohler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom