• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Oh, so it's just a stupid stereotype that gets thrown around because people don't do their research/are completely misinformed.

not completely

XCzqNZy.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That's a dragon, not a demon. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Fire Emblem's probably only game that I can think of that actually pulls the ### old living thing, but is 1# years old trope...also yes, I always think of that comic. Good old Awkard Zombie.

Crocodile

I don't think its a matter of "does this ever happen" but rather of how prevalent it actually is. The way discussions often go in Gaming-Side, you'd think it was an infection plaguing the entirety of Japanese entertainment media rather than isolated to a few, perhaps noteworthy, instances. I'm not entirely sure how prevalent it actually is (it would probably require me to research products I personally have no interest in) but I feel its occurrence is way overblown.

EDIT: One thing that has always bothered me is that so many characters that are 67658758768 years old act no different than a young adult (or younger). I understand its a hard perspective to write since no human can live for more than like 120 or so years but its still irksome.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
EXACTLY. If it actually happened more often, then maybe I'd let it slide, but it honestly doesn't.

& to sort of change the topic, I saw a review of Lily Cat & it kind of handled the subject of being hundreds of years old (though this was sci-fi, so time dilation) rather well, because it talked about the fact you remain the same, but the world changes & you see your friends and family die. The ones that you love are gone in an era of time that's foreign to you.

Seda

(to be frank I don't think that many people actually believe that 1000 yr old children are actually prevalent in japanese media, it's usually more a of an exaggeration or poking fun at fire emblem/disgaea specifically if anything.)

EDIT: One thing that has always bothered me is that so many characters that are 67658758768 years old act no different than a young adult (or younger). I understand its a hard perspective to write since no human can live for more than like 120 or so years but its still irksome.

If someone lived to be that old, I don't imagine them to be completely mentally stable, so acting like an irresponsible, wacky kid is plausible.

Jintor

it's odd how FE:A art really hangs right on the edge of me loving the shit out of it and me being kind of vaguely uncomfortable with it

Seda

it's odd how FE:A art really hangs right on the edge of me loving the shit out of it and me being kind of vaguely uncomfortable with it

Personally, I think a part of it is that, when I'm actually playing the game, I can be like: "Well Tharja and some of the other outfits are pretty dumb, and I'm not too fond of the emphasis on marriage, but that's okay, it doesn't get in the way of the SRPG gameplay really."

But then I go to the forum to discuss it, and the Best Girl, Waifu, & Shipping talk does get in the way. :/

bigkrev

10232679.jpg

Here is the Nintendo licensed Thraja figure

Kinda tells you everything you need to know about the game. I liked it because at the time I wasn't playing much else on my 3DS, and it was a pretty fun game, but thought the marriage system was kinda dumb. Like, I get the idea of Waifu wars in a persona game, but these characters are all so simple it's hard to care about any of them

Except Donnel. He's the best.

Seda

anyways we should get back on topic

I hear tomorrow's One Piece is pretty good, as well as possibly the only good Sword Art episode.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

I hear tomorrow's One Piece is pretty good, as well as possibly the only good Sword Art episode.

I feel like one or two of the Sword Art episodes were okay.Couldn't tell you which ones off the top of my head, though.

Moaradin

I mean, by SAO standards it is. It actually gets decent towards the end but we're months away from that...

And I watched the first episode of Soma. I think it was pretty good, and I think the foodgasms were so over the top that they were hilarious to me. Won't be for everyone though.

That's a dragon, not a demon. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Fire Emblem's probably only game that I can think of that actually pulls the ### old living thing, but is 1# years old trope...also yes, I always think of that comic. Good old Awkard Zombie.

Didn't Tenchi Muyo also do that?

Line_HTX

Missed the trigger panel because all of the immediate garages around the convention were full. Would have loved to hear some insight from the industry people.

Not in most cases but Sailor Moon: Crystal looks unbelievably bad. It's actually amazing considering the show doesn't even come out once a week. It's like 2 episodes a month.

looks bad from an art standpoint, which is subjective, or has numerous technical flaws?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, Fate/Stay Night S2 started.

Guess I'll watch it since I actually managed to finish the first season compared to Fate/Zero.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*sees Danganronpa anime getting dubbed*

*Greg Ayres as Monokuma, who is not the same actor as the game*

.........I REALLY need to hear the voice, because I seriously don't want to imagine hearing Ganta or Negi coming out of Monokuma.

Raxus

Weird they couldn't get the same voice actor. As long as he is super nasally I am sure Ganta can do a good Monokuma.

Who is doing the dub?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Weird they couldn't get the same voice actor. As long as he is super nasally I am sure Ganta can do a good Monokuma.

Who is doing the dub?
Funimation. They aired the sub a few years ago, right around the time the first game was being released in the US.

In fact, looking at the list, NOBODY returned aside from the main character Naegi, voiced by.....................
Papenbrook.

Raxus

Wonder if it has to deal with unions.

Edit: So...uh...when are we going to hear some Funimation panel news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom