• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOLDSFAN

Wow dem quadriceps. Even Shippuden during filler almost got there.

Also I think OP is going to get bumped again at this rate. Or replaced with another show that could do Fairly well at the Tail end of the block.

daveo42

Banned
Pretty good numbers. One Piece still the low point of the block.

Also I think OP is going to get bumped again at this rate. Or replaced with another show that could do Fairly well at the Tail end of the block.

tumblr_mhsfgotTU21rn6052o1_500.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

The numbers are fine for that time of the night, I mean FLCL wished it could hit those numbers at the same slot last year. As long as the demo is solid it'll be fine.

Crocodile

A) What the FUCK did Funimation do to piss of Anno and Studio Khara so much? They didn't bungle the first two Eva films so I'm not sure what they did with the 3rd film that was so terrible.

B) Blood Blockade Battlefront (new show from this season) is SO Toonami bound it hurts LOL

A) What the FUCK did Funimation do to piss of Anno and Studio Khara so much? They didn't bungle the first two Eva films so I'm not sure what they did with the 3rd film that was so terrible.

B) Blood Blockade Battlefront (new show from this season) is SO Toonami bound it hurts LOL

So is Seraph of the End, the difference is B3 is genuienly good

daveo42

Banned

A) It makes you wonder how far off Funi's script was from the original...

B) I'm fine with that.

Seda

So is toonami's average viewing number going up generally?

Numbers have generally been pretty good since DBZ/KLK took the lead hour. Definitely better than the period after Space Dandy / Attack on Titan ended. At a glance, seems to be roughly the same as numbers when Space Dandy S1 was airing last year.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nice to hear ratings are still doing rather well.

I wonder if KLK will return & take the 3:00 spot once it finishes & AoT is done.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would hope AoT would be replaced with HD Bebop or Dandy Season 2
HD Bebop seems likely. But hopefully Space Dandy S2 finally gets a chance to re-air to further give Bebop a rest. That way, it'll be kind of refreshing for Bebop coming back after a leave of absence.

Grexeno

HD Bebop seems likely. But hopefully Space Dandy S2 finally gets a chance to re-air to further give Bebop a rest. That way, it'll be kind of refreshing for Bebop coming back after a leave of absence.
I imagine HD Bebop will run first since it was already in the middle of running before being cut short. I think they'll try and get the first HD airing out of the way before airing Dandy S2, which they likely have the rights to forever.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I imagine HD Bebop will run first since it was already in the middle of running before being cut short. I think they'll try and get the first HD airing out of the way before airing Dandy S2, which they likely have the rights to forever.
Yeah, this sounds like the more likely option. I just remember DeMarco acknowledging how many times they've reaired certain shows like Bebop & that was sort of the reason why the ratings for the later half of Toonami were doing so poorly. Maybe could've done Dandy first, then that way, when Bebop came back, people would probably have missed it more being gone for a longer period of time.

I still maintain that Toonami could have stood with something new. Unfortunaly that would have probably been Fairy Tail.

Eh, Kai is breaking records and bringing in an audience that wouldn't normally tune in. I'm not so sure there's another show out there that toonami could have attained and put in the 12AM spot that would match or exceed what DBZ is doing now. In fact, I think the ratings would be down instead of comparable to last year which is not a good thing.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Eh, Kai is breaking records and bringing in an audience that wouldn't normally tune in. I'm not so sure there's another show out there that toonami could have attained and put in the 12AM spot that would match or exceed what DBZ is doing now. In fact, I think the ratings would be down instead of comparable to last year which is not a good thing.

I suppose the world will not know for a few years but eventually a new star is going to be needed.

Zubz

Banned
Speaking of future shows, I'm wondering if Psycho Pass is starting to miss its window

Honestly, with how much I'd think they'd have to censor, the show might be better off missing Toonami. Granted, I could be wrong; if shown uncut, it'd definitely be the channel's next heavy-hitter! But as Oni Actual said, the show being on Netflix might have something to do with it (Although it hasn't been a problem in the past, has it?).

DBZ Kai really saved toonami, can't believe Shard didn't want it lol

Ditto. Granted, this is the perfect place for it, but that show could do pretty well on most channels.

Moaradin

Honestly, with how much I'd think they'd have to censor, the show might be better off missing Toonami. Granted, I could be wrong; if shown uncut, it'd definitely be the channel's next heavy-hitter! But as Oni Actual said, the show being on Netflix might have something to do with it (Although it hasn't been a problem in the past, has it?).

What would they need to censor? I haven't seen it, but what makes it worse than something like Black Lagoon or Hellsing?

Na, that's when it gets great. Before then is still infinitely more watchable than Bleach or Naruto right now.

None of my friends would watch until that arc because it's slow and boring to the casual anime fan. Most people don't care about watching Yusuke float around as a ghost trying to get his body back and the Gouki/Hiei fights are very weak.

I'm not really sure what they'd actually need to censor. Anyway, Toonami has made it clear that Netflix has snatched up shows they were going for; they've pointed out that every deal they make is a little bit different, so I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that maybe Netflix negotiated for at least one or two shows to be exclusive to their platform. I mean, the only original show they have is Knights of Sidonia and I can't really see that one being the case since Netflix localized it to begin with, unless Toonami was looking for another Space Dandy. But with how rare that situation would probably be, I think it makes more sense to assume it was some other show, and the biggest one that'd probably be on their radar is Psycho-Pass.

The best decision the YYH anime did was condense the boring crap of "Yosuke tries to get his body back" to 5 episodes from the 20ish manga chapters.

I agree with Shard that Fairy Tail would have (and will) do very well for Toonami when they have a slot for another long running show, but if you have a chance to air "new" dbz in the form of dbz kai that should take priority over all other anime/action cartoon in existence. After that number two on the priority list would be "new" bleach either in the form of a final act anime or a bleach recut, finally would be probably be any Sailor Moon either classic series "uncut" or Crystal.

IIRC they said DBZ, Sailor Moon, and Bleach were the 3 most successful Toonami shows of all time, anything new from those 3 franchises should always be top priority to air on the block.

Wasn't Jet the captain of the Bebop? He ain't no sidekick.

Nice to see ratings are back to doing multiple millions. DBZ is still somehow a main anchor lol

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Wasn't Jet the captain of the Bebop? He ain't no sidekick.

Nice to see ratings are back to doing multiple millions. DBZ is still somehow a main anchor lol

This is a true statement, a bit of an astounding one and a bit of a sad one. I will clarify that last point because it means certain critics and indeed the very DBZ fanbase were correct. Dragon Ball Z is bigger then Toonami, Toonami is not bigger then Dragon Ball Z and that is truly unfortunate.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ugh, they got Naota's voice completely & utterly wrong. & this is coming from the guy who was from FLCL, which had a decent amount sexual metaphors, so why is he complaining about pervy stuff?

CollegeHumor didn't even WATCH FLCL, did they?! 0/10 NEVER WATCHING THEIR STUFF AGAIN.

Sadly sort of accurate, though that ending is spot-on.

Grexeno

Expect that to be posted to death in any and all anime threads from here on out, along with the Miyazaki gifs that feature him saying things he didn't actually say.

Raxus

I feel sad the Miyazaki gifs are getting so overplayed so quickly. They are genuinely good but people abuse it in every anime thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom