• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Now that I think about it this season of anime is actually lite on fanservice. At least the shows I am watching. I am sure Ninja Slayer will come along and make up for the lack of lewdness.

Line_HTX

I lost count how many times I watched FLCL when it was rerunning over the years. Never got tired of it. That show was the origin of Gainax-ing haha.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Maybe he's playing Dragon Quest Heroes now.
And now there's Dragon Quest Heroes 2...

tumblr_mgj7ueYW3X1rz06hho1_250.gif

daveo42

Banned
I totally forgot Kare Kano was by Gainax (and by Anno no less)

Well, that was based on a manga and Anno was taken off of the show early due to disputes with the original author.

Wikipedia said:
The anime adaptation uses the material from the first seven volumes of the manga, stopping just before the school's annual cultural festival.

The anime was cut short because of creative differences; the author was upset and refused to allow another season because she believed Gainax was focusing too much on the comedy and not enough on the romance.[1] The difference in style after director Hideaki Anno quit following this decision is particularly noticeable.

Jarate

Banned
also, been watching Panty and Stocking on the funimation app, and man that show is hilarious

I wish it wold come to toonami, but the censors would have a fun time with it.

daveo42

Banned
Kare Kano has a great mix of both comedy and romance though, the anime is on point.

Agreed. Never got around to reading the manga though my friend was buying volumes as they came out years ago. Might be time to finally crack into the manga and rewatch the series.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
also, been watching Panty and Stocking on the funimation app, and man that show is hilarious

I wish it wold come to toonami, but the censors would have a fun time with it.
There are over 350+ variations of the word "fuck" said within the span of 12 episode. It would be the most bleeptastic show since Black Lagoon.

Seda

I've never been a big Star Wars fan, but I enjoyed the original movies growing up.

As a teaser, I thought the trailer today was good, acknowledging that it doesn't really tell us much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom