• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't even graduated yet and my dad's already on my case about a job 😱

I hope he ain't gonna kick me out when I inevitably don't find one after graduation.

My mom's been really supportive of me taking my time. My dad wasn't quite as much but he probably figured if anything I would just work on farms around here.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I haven't even graduated yet and my dad's already on my case about a job 😱

I hope he ain't gonna kick me out when I inevitably don't find one after graduation.

My dad was the same, but he figured out real fast that the world's changed a shitton since he was my age. Just keep him up to date on your applications and either get a part-time gig or start planning on going back for a masters or a certification.

Honestly I've only got one friend with a decent job that didn't go to a big private school, the other went to NYU and got something quick, hence my going there just long enough to get a paper that says I did.

I've been thinking about going abroad (Japan, S Korea, Thailand, Indonesia, or China) to teach English because my current job isn't very fulfilling and I want to travel while I'm still young/single. I'd recommend this to recent grads who don't mind leaving the USA for a year; most of these countries are desperate for native speakers so all you need to get hired is a bachelors degree and TEFL certification which can be obtained online over a summer semester. Pretty sure that I'll be doing that in 2016...

The real world is awful, I miss being in college and not having to worry about anything except class and beer money.

Jarate

Banned
Im still in college after a failed radio career!

Im prolly gonna become a truck driver though,mshit pays a lot and I dont have to stand for long periods of time.

Plus then I can become learned through audiobooks and such.

Is there an audio book for anime
Sword Art Online Audio Books. GloppinNoises read by a british person

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Finished Rosario+Vampire last night.

It's a bad show that I normally would recommend everyone not to ever watch, except the dub cracks me up. Especially in the second half.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finished Rosario+Vampire last night.

It's a bad show that I normally would recommend everyone not to ever watch, except the dub cracks me up. Especially in the second half.
Maybe give a volume or two of the manga a read. Like I said, it's one of those animes that kind of forgot to adapt the story in the process and tried to bump up the fanservice when there wasn't a lot in the manga. Did the anime ever go into the main character
getting powers and finally fighting for himself instead of being saved by his harem?

I THINK most fans have said the manga was better than the anime, if I recall correctly. Don't get me wrong, it's not all that great (I give it a "meh") & not really worth recommending that much, but it might leave a slightly better impression if you check out the manga to get the bad taste of the anime out of your mind.

Maybe give a volume or two of the manga a read. Like I said, it's one of those animes that kind of forgot to adapt the story in the process and tried to bump up the fanservice when there wasn't a lot in the manga. Did the anime ever go into the main character
getting powers and finally fighting for himself instead of being saved by his harem?

I THINK most fans have said the manga was better than the anime, if I recall correctly. Don't get me wrong, it's not all that great (I give it a "meh") & not really worth recommending that much, but it might leave a slightly better impression if you check out the manga to get the bad taste of the anime out of your mind.

To answer the spoiler,
the anime first season briefly had Tsukune turn into a vampire during the fight with the kitsune guy, but he didn't actually do anything but dodge an attack. The anime second season randomly has Tsukune turn into a vampire to fight Moka's father in an anime original arc, which for some reason involves them both getting DBZ auras and pushing each other with their auras

The manga is better than the anime, but it's not great. The final arc in particular had good parts, but had a terrible and drawn out final battle.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The anime becomes incredibly self aware in the second season, and the dub suddenly becomes hilarious.

The speculation by one side character that the school must be for training workers in the sex industry had me laughing my ass off.

Raxus

Got an A on my test and I am in much better condition for my finals. I am ready to Party Hard with Toonami this weekend.

tumblr_nmp6whwjHw1urtwm4o7_r1_250.gif

Soulflarz

Banned

I liked the manga, generally. I think. Its been awhile. The anime was nonsense.

Hm, gonna take a wild guess and say that FUNimation is starting to send more Bebop tapes to Toonami, even though it's not airing.

At least we get to hear ending songs that the original broadcast never showed....and stream it.
44f25.png

Hm, gonna take a wild guess and say that FUNimation is starting to send more Bebop tapes to Toonami, even though it's not airing.

At least we get to hear ending songs that the original broadcast never showed....and stream it.
http://www.kyle93.co.uk/i/44f25.png

So either AoT is gonna get pulled soon due to losing the rights for Bebop, or they're going to air Bebop at 3:30 and give Toonami a bit more time back or they're going to pull OP for Bebop

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's both not long enough yet outlasts its premise after a few episodes. I'd love some more but hopefully with the energy of the first few episodes and not the last few. The show largely solves most of the conflict too early.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was legit surprised at how much I liked it. Mainly because they stayed away from the tired old trope of "person/creature/alien/etc. enters new location & has no idea of how things work, hijinks ensue because they don't understand something & therefore things goes wrong".

Gorillaz

I've been thinking about going abroad (Japan, S Korea, Thailand, Indonesia, or China) to teach English because my current job isn't very fulfilling and I want to travel while I'm still young/single. I'd recommend this to recent grads who don't mind leaving the USA for a year; most of these countries are desperate for native speakers so all you need to get hired is a bachelors degree and TEFL certification which can be obtained online over a summer semester. Pretty sure that I'll be doing that in 2016...

The real world is awful, I miss being in college and not having to worry about anything except class and beer money.

Honestly I am going back to school for a masters/cert in TEFL. Im already in education working during the day time and just taking the class at night

In class is better at times tho since the experience can help

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was legit surprised at how much I liked it. Mainly because they stayed away from the tired old trope of "person/creature/alien/etc. enters new location & has no idea of how things work, hijinks ensue because they don't understand something & therefore things goes wrong".

That trope still occurs a lot in that show though!

My big problem is that
good guy Satan turns out to be a good guy and no one really wants to go home, so there is practically no conflict.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That trope still occurs a lot in that show though!

My big problem is that
good guy Satan turns out to be a good guy and no one really wants to go home, so there is practically no conflict.

A new season would fix this according to what I understand from the novels.

Seda

Is there anything else I should know that can get me banned that wouldn't in most message boards? =/

So NeoGAF has an F.A.Q. forum that's kinda hidden considering you can only get to it from the main page (yes, NeoGAF has one of those too :O).

Anyways, two useful threads here are

1.) Member Etiquette and New Thread Rules (Updated: Oct 2014) (here is where "Don't bump ancient threads" is noted)
2.) Banned Sites, Inappropriate Posts, and Memes

This is all in addition to the T.O.S. of course (among the links at the top of the webpage)

Magazine scans.

Usually those just led to deletions now, unless somebody is being dumb about it. We have have discussed this policy a bit, because we allow links to pages with scans (at least sometimes) but for now, still no embedding.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So NeoGAF has an F.A.Q. forum that's kinda hidden considering you can only get to it from the main page (yes, NeoGAF has one of those too :O).

Anyways, two useful threads here are

1.) Member Etiquette and New Thread Rules (Updated: Oct 2014) (here is where "Don't bump ancient threads" is noted)
2.) Banned Sites, Inappropriate Posts, and Memes

This is all in addition to the T.O.S. of course (among the links at the top of the webpage)

Usually those just led to deletions now, unless somebody is being dumb about it. We have have discussed this policy a bit, because we allow links to pages with scans (at least sometimes) but for now, still no embedding.

Don't forget mentioning manga scan sites or groups by name. That's a no-no.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It's gonna be more amusing end of the year when it ranks high in the AotY voting and Shard is still upset about the 2 tentacle scenes that everyone but him has forgotten about.

I don't think Food Wars is going to get even a whiff of the AoTY awards honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom