• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Watch it be DB GT Z....Kai.

Edit: DB Super? Why not SUPER Dragon Ball?

In any case, watch as Funimation does their damndest to make that a simudub, with HOPEFULLY Toonami following suit.

MikeMyers

Watch it be DB GT Z....Kai.

Edit: DB Super? Why not SUPER Dragon Ball?

In any case, watch as Funimation does their damndest to make that a simudub, with HOPEFULLY Toonami following suit.

There's a video game called Super Dragon Ball that plays like Street Fighter.

tumblr_mo3xpjxAZO1so9uo4o1_500.gif

Crocodile

*Well let's check GAF before I head off to teach my morning lab*

tumblr_lq3osalANs1r1gpe3o1_500.gif

WUT WUT WUT WUT

WHATYEARISIT?!?!

The fact that its starting so soon and that Modern Toei SUCKS gives me some trepidation though

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This is going to happen with Naruto in a few years.
This will happen with One Piece in 25 years (or whenever it ends).

This is only the beginning!

Rutger

Banned
Lupin in most of its incarnations is some good, wholesome, appeals to everybody type of anime. I'm really looking forward to the new series. I hope we don't have to wait to the Japanese airing for simulcasts and we can get English subs of the Italian version this summer.

Bebop + Lupin together on Toonami would be a good hour :)

That would be a lot of nostalgia in one hour. Somehow get Trigun and Detective Conan there as well and that's classic Adult Swim for me.

Oh, a new Dragon Ball series huh? Set after Buu? Hopefully it's not a mess like GT...

ckohler

Pretty great news. Surely DeMarco is making some phone calls right now.

Is this story already in manga or is it an original story for television?

ckohler

Does that mean it's canon?

Toriyama is writing it. The press release says...

Press Release said:
“Mr. Toriyama has developed a plot that’s not only a dream come true for Dragon Ball’s millions of fans, but one that will foster in a new generation of viewers.”

That's about as canon as you can get.

Puruzi

Banned
a simuldub of Dragon Ball Super would be bad because then we'd be getting Toei animation before it was fixed for the home video release
Fixed Toei animation is still Toei animation.

I can only think of two shows from Toei that have had consistently good animation.

daveo42

Banned
It should at least be better than GT story-wise since Toriyama is involved. Hopefully Toei shows up with their A-game instead of phoning in the majority of anime.

I expect Adult Swim to bid as much as it possibly can.

I wonder if they would show both Super and Kai or if they'd have to drop Kai to air Super. I can't imagine Kai was cheap to get.

It should at least be better than GT story-wise since Toriyama is involved. Hopefully Toei shows up with their A-game instead of phoning in the majority of anime.

The story should be better, the animation who knows we could get worse then crystal for this

daveo42

Banned
Hahahahaha

ha

ha

I know it's a pipe dream...

I wonder if they would show both Super and Kai or if they'd have to drop Kai to air Super. I can't imagine Kai was cheap to get.

The story should be better, the animation who knows we could get worse then crystal for this

Would they show both back-to-back or wait till the Buu arc wraps up? I agree that won't be cheap to get, but I'm sure they'll get extra backing for it just because of the current ratings for Kai.

I don't even want to think about that outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom