• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Yeah that's what is annoying me about this whole thing. Nami has no special powers and only has a stupid weather stick. A couple tempest kicks to the heart should have her ded.

Part of the reason I like these fights is because they have serious stakes. If Kalifa didn't underestimate Nami she wouldn't be in this mess. Almost all of CP9 underestimates the Straw Hats.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm out as well. Actually have to wake up early today instead of getting to sleep in until 10 a.m. ish.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
KLK's second OP.
lFZE7L0.gif

BBboy20

Well, guess this may as well say Happy Easter at this point even if TOonami is still airing.

And yeah, I was born on April Fools' Day. Now I feel shitty typing this since I mentioned this yesterday but no one responded and it now makes me feel selfish.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Yeah that's what is annoying me about this whole thing. Nami has no special powers and only has a stupid weather stick. A couple tempest kicks to the heart should have her ded.
She did that this episode! Nami just tanked it and continued on lol.

Seda

Inuyasha Final Act has been really disappointing so far. Inuyasha has never been great, but even with all the conveniences, iffy voice acting, and meandering plot, there was some charming character moments and interactions.

Everything is a checklist now, to the point that multiple new characters arrive just to introduce a new plot point or whatnot and then are subsequently killed off when they've completed their task. Everything is ultra contrived and rigid, all the while the dialogue is basically a play-by-play of the plot (whether or not it makes sense.) Not to mention that nothing has any chance to breathe of course.

Inuyasha Final Act has been really disappointing so far. Inuyasha has never been great, but even with all the conveniences, iffy voice acting, and meandering plot, there was some charming character moments and interactions.

Everything is a checklist now, to the point that multiple new characters arrive just to introduce a new plot point or whatnot and then are subsequently killed off when they've completed their task. Everything is ultra contrived and rigid, all the while the dialogue is basically a play-by-play of the plot (whether or not it makes sense.) Not to mention that nothing has any chance to breathe of course.

The flaws in InuYasha's story structure are exposed when you condense things down to the pacing final act has. All the repeated dialogue and general samey arcs are less noticeable when each of those arcs gets 3-6 episodes at a slower fun adventure pace. I'm still glad we got Final Act over nothing because far too many anime based upon manga either get no ending or get a shitty filler ending neither leaving the audience feeling good. I do give them credit in the same way I give Xenogears credit for trying to keep the story as intact as possible despite having to strip it down to only the most important elements, but that doesn't make for a good anime/game.

LOLDSFAN

If they wake me up for mass im going to kill someone :p

(Im protestant, let me sleep at my moms if you want me to go to church, mass is boring as hell for me generally :/)

My church had two services on Saturday so I went to that one.

Get to sleep in on Sunday and no traffic. ;)

Seda

The flaws in InuYasha's story structure are exposed when you condense things down to the pacing final act has. All the repeated dialogue and general samey arcs are less noticeable when each of those arcs gets 3-6 episodes at a slower fun adventure pace.

Yes exactly. A lot of these things are certainly in the original anime too, but are more tolerable when it's not persistent at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom