• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

I am going to go out on a limb and say GitS has a very narrow chance of re-airing now we have only one rewatch slot and a stream of new shows that will likely get the slot after they finish airing.

I am going to go out on a limb and say GitS has a very narrow chance of re-airing now we have only one rewatch slot and a stream of new shows that will likely get the slot after they finish airing.

Yeah, I figured it was probably slim, but at least with AS/CN owning the rights to GitS it will always have a potential to come back

The ending is also nowhere near as good as the rest of the series.

I'm not too worried about that, I'm just trying to clear out my anime back log of shows that I had picked up and stopped for various reasons. I'm at the point where most of the shows that are remaining have 9-10+ episodes before I finish them like Gits or Samurai Jack.

you stopped watching Jack? They got waaay closer than that before cancelling it!

I kept falling asleep, and when I'd try to catch up during the parts of the block I would skip due to seeing reruns a dozen times I'd fall asleep :X

I figured I'd catch Jack on the return rerun that never happened, not that Jack is a super critical back log show as it's vignette with no ending, I just used it as an example.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's why I just posted Naruto gifs during it.

I need a new gimmick for AOT though. I'm going to be bored to tears after next week's episode for awhile.

He's probably just going to say it's out of his hands. For all we know the edits happen before they even get the files.

A better question is if he's seen the whole series yet. It wouldn't surprise me if he's only seen half, at which point he's in for a shock.

The way he's talked about the show on Pre-Flight, it seemed he's seen the whole show and knows what they are in for.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
tumblr_mx2y80kfZI1rktdaso1_500.png

tumblr_nmbofjUDYA1sffccfo1_250.jpg

Mako and Ryuko cameo in a MLP comic.

That's from an issue released a couple of months ago (Friends Forever #12). While we're on the subject, the newest comic issue (FIENDship is Magic #1) had a ponified Attack on Titan poster, and there have been tons of Sailor Scout cameos throughout the years.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 94

Episodes like this one are a nice reminder of why Hakura and Michiru almost literally stole the show within their first appearance, though brought a maturity and sophistication that just was not present before now. Also since they are the new characters they need more screentime to establish themselves, such as the case in this episode. Up to this point the Outers have professed to be no allies to the Inners as they obsess over this mysterious mission to find the talismans. Beforehand that at best resulted in apathy and non-interference but now the Outers prove themselves to be downright antagonistic should it be required and they are not afraid to use force. Outside of this, this was a fairly weak episode although kudos for actually using an establish character that we had seen previously for once to give the urgency a more personal connection. Granted Unazaki hasn't been seen in a season, but it is more then a fair number get. Still, middling recommendation to watch at best.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 95

Speaking of extras, this episode is a showcase to Naru and Umino, two characters who wee on the higher end of the supporting cast in season one but now reduced to special guest stars because they lack guardian powers. Indeed this episode is the surprising culmination of a fairly long running sub-plot involving the two of them hooking up. Of course with such reduced screen time and presence one would be hard pressed to really notice it before now, but it isn't something that has come out of nowhere, so kudos for that. Indeed there is something oddly endearing about them as a couple. Also, since is this now the Hakura and Michiru Show with guest stars the Inner Sailor Guardian they of course blow everybody else out of the water couple-wise by a thousand leagues though only Ami seems to have the brains to put together that they really are a couple. Anyway, all and all, this episode is recommend as it give us a rather nice send off for Umino and Naru who are not really going to have this time in the spotlight again.

Seda

Is it just me or have these last few weeks of Toonami been not so great?

Losing Gurren Lagann for SAOII certainly doesn't help. Inuyasha feels like it's in a rut but hopefully it picks up as we approach endgame. Namek will take a little bit to get going (although I actually kinda like the pre-Frieza stuff). Naruto filler still has 10 episodes left..

One Piece has been mostly solid though.

Jarate

Banned
Well we replaced Gurren Lagann with SAO II which might be the biggest gulf in quality in a replacement show, and Deadman Wonderland got replaced by the least rewatchable anime ever which is on a rerun

Toonamis quality has dropped majorly, hopefully whatever show replaces Inuyasha needs to be good.

I feel your current enjoyment of the block really comes down to how much you like Kill La Kill and InuYasha TFA. Both shows generally seem to get the wide variety of opinions from week to week. Shippuden has consistently been a poor spot in the line up most weeks and SAO is SAO.

Also while we all love Dragon Ball Z Kai, 90% of us have see either DBZ or DBZ Kai more then once. When compared to Space Dandy (world premier), Attack on Titan (dub premier and new to most of Toonami GAF), or Bleach (dub premier and new to most of Toonami GAF) it doesn't create the same kind of buzz.

Well we replaced Gurren Lagann with SAO II which might be the biggest gulf in quality in a replacement show, and Deadman Wonderland got replaced by the least rewatchable anime ever which is on a rerun

Toonamis quality has dropped majorly, hopefully whatever show replaces Inuyasha needs to be good.

It's gonna be Sailor Moon Crystal so mileage is going to vary

Raxus

So far only two anime I have watched have been good this season that aren't continuing from a previous series.

Plastic Memories has good groundwork to be interesting but is a relatively low key series.

Blood Blockade Battlefront (SP?) seems like the anime that is most likely to appear on Toonami.

So far only two anime I have watched have been good this season that aren't continuing from a previous series.

Plastic Memories has good groundwork to be interesting but is a relatively low key series.

Blood Blockade Battlefront (SP?) seems like the anime that is most likely to appear on Toonami.

I thought Funimation hadn't put up Blood Blockade Battlefront yet where did you watch it?

Quiet a few of these spring 2015 shows seem like they'll be on Toonami eventually, B3, Seraph, and Arslan from Funi alone it'll be interesting to see which comes first.

Puruzi

Banned
Food Wars, Is it Wrong to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon, Show by Rock!!, BBB, and Plastic Memories have all been enjoyable. This season is pretty great.

Also Kill la Kill is the best show on toonami right now

Raxus

Food Wars, Is it Wrong to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon, Show by Rock!!, BBB, and Plastic Memories have all been enjoyable. This season is pretty great.

Also Kill la Kill is the best show on toonami right now

Much like TTGL, it is going to hit a rut in a few episodes before snapping out of it. Also, One Piece. DBZ is going to ramp up too given the pacing. The only hold outs are Shippuden (10 more episodes of filler then good stuff for a bit) and Inuyasha after they finish the final power ups and slow down the pace for the finale (hopefully). SAO II...well...uh...here's a monkey.

Puruzi

Banned
Much like TTGL, it is going to hit a rut in a few episodes before snapping out of it. Also, One Piece. DBZ is going to ramp up too given the pacing. The only hold outs are Shippuden (10 more episodes of filler then good stuff for a bit) and Inuyasha after they finish the final power ups and slow down the pace for the finale (hopefully). SAO II...well...uh...here's a monkey.
Eh, I was only bored during one episode in Kill la Kill
17 I think, the one that was all exposition until the end which was fucking awesome.

Puruzi

Banned
Holy CRAP, that looked amazing.

Anyone wanna help sell me on watching this (i.e does the story help back up the motivate to watch this for the action)?
It's just one episode in, it's looking to be pretty good. World is interesting.

Raxus

Holy CRAP, that looked amazing.

Anyone wanna help sell me on watching this (i.e does the story help back up the motivate to watch this for the action)?

Only the first episode aired so far. Check back and we will update things.

Jintor

From memory, KLK is going to go through a rough patch, but then it's going to flip its lid and every episode will be "WAT" for a good solid run.

Not as WAT as TTGL but still pretty WAT

Soulflarz

Banned
Ugh might be missing toonami next week
due to being dragged to prom on 7 days notice sooo needless to say I'm also going alone

:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom