• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
I dont want to go to prom, and I don't see the point of it, seeing as my class is 20 people in size, and I see them all 5 times a week...er...I'd rather spend my Saturday doing something else.

Grexeno

I dont want to go to prom, and I don't see the point of it, seeing as my class is 20 people in size, and I see them all 5 times a week...er...I'd rather spend my Saturday doing something else.
.......................What backwater town do you live in that your senior class is only 20 people?

didnt go to prom, would have been with a bunch of christian fundamentalists I quasi knew who disliked me, time was much better spent elsewhere (skipped my hs graduation too)

Crocodile

I went to my prom and you should go to yours too unless you REALLY hate everybody in your grade.

After my prom, me and a bunch of my friends went over to a friends house to play Smash Brothers and Halo all night long. I found out later that a good portion of the rest of the grade went to an after party to drink and have sex. The decisions we all make. Not that I knew the other option was on the table of course but I'm not sure the me of 10 years ago would have chosen differently :p

Grexeno

I went to my prom and you should go to yours too unless you REALLY hate everybody in your grade.

After my prom, me and a bunch of my friends went over to a friends house to play Smash Brothers and Halo all night long. I found out later that a good portion of the rest of the grade went to an after party to drink and have sex. The decisions we all make. Not that I knew the other option was on the table of course but I'm not sure the me of 10 years ago would have chosen differently :p
I feel like you chose the path with less regrets down the line.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I didn't bother going to prom.

I had nobody to go with & pretty sure my friends didn't bother as well.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I didn't go to my prom, but I did go to the party after for the drinking and sex.

Soulflarz

Banned
Well, if I truly end up being the only one without a date, I'm nope-ing out of the event asap?

And yeah, that's the smarter move. Sex after prom? I can see regrets. Then again, I only reject people, so I wouldn't know...

bigkrev

I ended up going to prom with a girl I barely knew, and had the time of my life. We were such a large group we ended up getting a limo bus instead of a traditional limo, we did Karaoke the whole ride in, we danced, ate and had a great time at the actual prom (I did a little dancing with my date, but mostly was just going around meeting up with various people), and the next morning, we went to the shore (which is tradition in NJ). The only thing I didn't do was crash with everyone after prom- I went home to sleep in my own bed because I was suffering from a minor panic attack from social anxiety.

It was the second to last time I got to interact with a lot of people in my class (Project Graduation was the last real time a month later), and I would have hated myself in hindsight if I missed it. And I say this as someone who is terrified they would be classified as something like the highest functioning autistic if I was ever evaluated. Go enjoy yourself!

Zubz

Banned
Funimation picked up like everything this season, including BBB.

Speaking of BBB, the animation is incredible. Seems like a perfect Toonami show.

... I'm already sold. I still want JoJo next, but I'll take it!

I went to see Iron Man 2 the day of my high school prom. Time well spent.

Hey, me too! That and hours of Brawl/board games with a good group of friends were way better than that dance could've been.

I didn't go to my prom, but I did go to the party after for the drinking and sex.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Jintor

At my formal my date showed me the bicycle shorts she was wearing under her dress, cursed at some dodgy older guy she was sure was eyeing her up because she was asian, and then we fought some guy in a giant robot.

Okay maybe one or two of those things didn't happen.

Soulflarz

Banned
Proms/Formals are apparently the things of magic, but as my friend said "The fun isn't the prom, its whats you do afterwards that's fun."
Except. I'm not doing anything afterwards. Oh well.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
At my formal my date showed me the bicycle shorts she was wearing under her dress, cursed at some dodgy older guy she was sure was eyeing her up because she was asian, and then we fought some guy in a giant robot.

Okay maybe one or two of those things didn't happen.

pCYESNt.gif

Jintor

You should, if you find anyone you're willing to do afters with.

I had an okay time at my formal, but it probably would've been better if I had gone to afters.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Prom was okish. Nothing to miss TOONAMI for. Party afterwards...maybe worth missing TOONAMI. My prom was right around the time Adult Swim premiered...but even then it was Thursday with Sunday repeats and my prom was a Friday!

I had a job back when Prom was a thing, so I didn't even bother going/asking.

Don't even remember the last time I didn't work on the weekends was.

Jarate

Banned
Prom was awful for me, hated my date but was obligated to go with her because she paid for me to go to hers

I had lots of fun at the event, but afterwards I had to drive my friends and 2 girls who I hated to Dorney Park which was a huge ass drive. I fucking hate theme parks. I also decided to play some Beatles because the girls were complaining it wasn't top 40 garbage and they told me they hated the Beatles

Fuck those people. Prom itself was fun, but I had to deal with the worst human beings on earth for 2 days

BBboy20

So, went to the ER on Easter due to chest pains but after 34 of tests, turns out it's not life threatening (heart) so either it's MD taking effect, it got inflamed or just shitty biological luck.

Having two of my arms be venipunctured at the same time by two hot nurses for blood cultures may as well be the closest thing I will ever get to being in a threesome.

Got home from Anime Matsuri around 1:30, so I missed the normal watch. It's a fun event, and too bad I missed the Studio Trigger panel. This convention should definitely bring Crispin Freeman back, man his panels are just a whole new level of informative lectures. Incredibly awesome to see him in person.
Everyone should be subscribed to his podcast.

Sword Art Online II
It's amazing how removing Kirito from the show actually makes it better. It was still boring, but I didn't want to murder every character I saw on screen. I'm sure that will change when Sinon meets him.
I made the same observation.

One Piece:
There's a recurring joke that the rise in One Piece's fanservice is to due Oda getting married and missing his wife.
Really...I wonder what she loo...
Well when you meet your wife at a One Piece fair/celebration thing and she's dressed as Nami thats to be expected.
=D
Meet Chiaki Inaba, Oda's wife

Chiaki_Inaba_Cosplays_Nami.png
...oh...

I feel bad for the guy in my state that got a 40-0 tattoo on his calf.
Nobody learned anything after a certain Super Bowl loss?

Dragon Ball Z: Kai - I think it’s mostly because I just really like Bulma as a character. She’s got the right amount of spunk, cuteness and tech savy. Granted, she was kinda clueless at the beginning of the episode (it was pretty obvious that was a spaceship).
Dat hairstyle though.

Sword Art Online II - I thought this episode was okay but really not that great. Basically, we spend the entire episode showing that Sinon is a badass player while everyone else is too insecure to listen to her pro-tips. The way the other players get so overly dramatic about dying in a video game is just hilariously stupid. I understand the need to create tension in the story but you’re really insulting my intelligence if you think these people would be afraid of dying in FPS.
Here's the thing: WE SAID THE SAME THING LAST SEASON and yet it's clear the crew has learned nothing from this.

Basically, it’s magic bitch; I ain’t gotta explain shit.
QaMzlp4.gif

Blood Blockade Battlefront (SP?) seems like the anime that is most likely to appear on Toonami.
What you see uses the same character designs used in Cowboy Bebop so it automatically has a chance.

Gintama is indeed great but I want to spare everyone the realization everyone in America will hate it. After all it subtly says their favorite anime is shiiiiiiiiiiit.
A Shonen Jump show making fun of fellow Jump show? Huh.

Chicago.
Christian private school. With an education that I would argue is questionable, but my grade is ridiculously smart. So yeah.
I went to a Christian private school too and I didn't go to prom.

OMG HE DID IT! =D

I find THIS shot a lot more suggestive than the shots that were edited this week, and this one made it completely untouched I believe.
We saw our first censorships in this episode (two brief cuts) and frankly, it has me worried because they seemed oddly arbitrary compared to what has aired so far. There’s no telling what else might be cut in the future. :(
...at this point,
they may as well not air the final episode.

You know, I don't see why people freak out over Oda's smoking habit. Miyazaki smokes and he's been making movies for years. Granted he's retired now but still.

The work schedule involved in leading a team to make movies is far less demanding then the work schedule Oda takes on for a weekly manga with minimal assistance.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The work schedule involved in leading a team to make movies is far less demanding then the work schedule Oda takes on for a weekly manga with minimal assistance.

Oh... right.
Well, Miyazaki did do manga before movies so... yeah...

You know, I don't see why people freak out over Oda's smoking habit. Miyazaki smokes and he's been making movies for years. Granted he's retired now but still.

Probably because cigarettes cause cancer and kill hundreds of thousands of people each year that aren't famous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom