• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

I actually think that's the issue right there. It's just stuff you can already get from live action movies, so why bother watching an anime?

I mean, ideally, awesome stuff should be awesome regardless of its medium (live-action vs. animation). To say nothing of the fact that a lot of the shit pulled of in Black Lagoon, while technically doable in live action, would either be very expensive or dangerous to pull off. The mentality that animation should basically come in the "Fairly Odd Parents" vein or the "Family Guy" vein (with only a little variety allowed in between) is a frustrating part of American culture (queue excerpts from Academy Award voter ballots.......)

Rakkety Tam

Neo Member
Roberta's Bloodtrail looks nice on my shelf in blu ray next to my blu ray of Black Lagoon, maybe one day I'll watch it

Essentially. Of all the shows aired on Toonami, Black Lagoon is one I never had trouble getting through, but I'd have to cut my way through the plastic wrap in order to watch Blood Trail.

Got hooked on Kill La Kill and ended up watching the rest subbed. Didn't go back and watch the earlier episodes subbed but there seems to be more swearing in the dub which I like.

Jintor

I mean, ideally, awesome stuff should be awesome regardless of its medium (live-action vs. animation). To say nothing of the fact that a lot of the shit pulled of in Black Lagoon, while technically doable in live action, would either be very expensive or dangerous to pull off. The mentality that animation should basically come in the "Fairly Odd Parents" vein or the "Family Guy" vein (with only a little variety allowed in between) is a frustrating part of American culture (queue excerpts from Academy Award voter ballots.......)

DEM CHINESE MOVIEZ

LOLDSFAN

Got hooked on Kill La Kill and ended up watching the rest

VwSFq91.gif

First time in this thread. :/

Haven't watched Toonami in a long time until recently. Been watching DBZ Kai and Kill La Kill each week and occasionally something else (One Piece, Deadman Wonderland, etc).

Raxus

Welcome unknownstranger!

Pretty apt name in this situation.

Hope you enjoy your stay and ignore weekdayToonamiGAF, we get kind of weird.

ckohler

First time in this thread. :/

Haven't watched Toonami in a long time until recently. Been watching DBZ Kai and Kill La Kill each week and occasionally something else (One Piece, Deadman Wonderland, etc).

Welcome! I was just teasing. Join us this weekend and comment live along with us. It's a blast!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think Viz also used their budget on re-releasing Sailor Moon R uncut on DVD/BD.

Also, I get to go to a cosplay cafe tomorrow because I need something to write about for my journalism class. I'll...uh, let you guys know if anyone dressed up as a character from one of the Toonami shows.

Rin-ne is pretty much if Bleach and InuYasha had a baby. The tone is InuYasha but the set up and way the world works feels very Bleach esque. It seems like it could be a fun series... thanks Sentai....

To be fair the Toonami crew is less concerned about dub quality then we are, they chose to air 4Kids One Piece which is arguably worse then any Sentai dub.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Soooo that infamous lost episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force got leaked. The one that made a mockery of the Boston bombing scare from 2007 (the one connected to their movie).
There's a rumor that if it leaked, Ted Turner would cancel the show and sue Adult Swim. But there's also one that if it leaked, Adult Swim itself would be cancelled.

I doubt the last one.

Raxus

Every time I hear about Ted Turner I can't help but think of Will Forte's impression. Too me that has become the real Ted Turner.

Soooo that infamous lost episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force got leaked. The one that made a mockery of the Boston bombing scare from 2007 (the one connected to their movie).
There's a rumor that if it leaked, Ted Turner would cancel the show and sue Adult Swim. But there's also one that if it leaked, Adult Swim itself would be cancelled.

I doubt the last one.

Both of those are shenanigans, at worse AS will make whoever leaked the footage the fall guy and at worse that one guy could be sued by AS/Ted Turner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom