• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Rest of my gaming year:

Aug:
- God Eater 2
- Project Diva X (thankfully, both this & GE2 are free via Amazon credit)

Sept:
- Touhou LE (6th)
- Shantae: Half Genie Hero
- Ace Attorney 6
- Valkyrie Drive (maybe/hopefully, this is what comes out the day before my b-day)

Oct:
- Paper Mario: Color Splash
- Neptunia Vs. Sega Hard Girls (might wait on a sale for this)
- World of Final Fantasy (no idea on this, especially since FF15 is out the month afterwards. Friend wants to play it, but I might want it on Vita instead of PS4)

Nov:
- FF15 LE
- moar amiibos
- Black Friday sales maybe

Dec:
- Gravity Rush 2

Deus Ex is pretty good. Kinda feels like a game that should've come out at the tail end of last gen and not the big leap you'd expect for 5 years in the making.

For other stuff there's WoW Legion in less then a week (fuck me) and then DQ 7 and SMT IV A in September. I'm glad FF XV got pushed back. There's World of Final Fantasy too.

I'm not sure on Pokemon. Depends on if I'm not swamped by RPGs then. Absolutely did not like Bravely Default. Bounced off Gravity Rush hard but a sequel could do wonders for that games concept.

Grexeno

Reposting for new page:

Episode #21 of the ToonamiGAF Podcast is here, new and improved thanks to the efforts of ckohler!

Video:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode021.mp4

Audio Only:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode021.m4a

MP3:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode021.mp3

Youtube (unedited) version of Episode #21.

Time codes:
2:11 - Bleach Ends
8:17 - DBZ Kai
13:48 - One Punch Man
22:27 - Iron Blooded Orphans
29:54 - Hunter x Hunter
35:47 - Naruto Shippuden
44:08 - One Piece
50:01 - Parasyte
51:46 - Sign out

Grexeno

So I finished Zero Time Dilemma finally

....what.
unfair1.jpg

Neoxon

Gaming-wise, all I have left this year is I think Sun/Moon. I'm waiting for my paycheck to get KoFXIV & a new PC to play Overwatch on, plus I have a bunch of other older games that I need to get. Otherwise, I'll just keep playing Street Fighter V & Smash 4 while saving the rest of my cash for the NX.

Line_HTX

Yeah, that's not a good idea. You can have the chat and watch it elsewhere, but generally that's frowned upon, EVEN IF you set your channel to playing "Creative" or whatever.

The admins are really fast about that too.

Line_HTX

So I got back from wasting $10 on Toonami's S E L L O U T knowing the whole movie was going to be shit, but damn, I didn't expect multiple Deus ex Machina stuff used. Too many stupid forced things happened for the sake of showing off effects, and I don't even know what the point of Katana even was. Oh well, at least her performance was decent enough.

Truly deserving a 0/10.

BBboy20

So I got back from wasting $10 on Toonami's S E L L O U T knowing the whole movie was going to be shit, but damn, I didn't expect multiple Deus ex Machina stuff used. Too many stupid forced things happened for the sake of showing off effects, and I don't even know what the point of Katana even was. Oh well, at least her performance was decent enough.

Truly deserving a 0/10.
and underutilized abilities.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Decided to pull an all nighter to reset my sleep schedule after a vacation.

GaTI8r9.gif

Gonna do that to wake up.

Might not be around for TOONAMI this week either! Strange days!

Raxus

Decided to pull an all nighter to reset my sleep schedule after a vacation.

GaTI8r9.gif

Gonna do that to wake up.

Might not be around for TOONAMI this week either! Strange days!

If you play this in reverse it is basically me after I read that stripper thread in OT.

zulux21

Odd request but is anyone up for some Diablo 2 tonight or tomorrow?

I actually recently let my d2 account fully expire (figure i will just play diablo 3 anymore)

I will be busy at a Con though, so i can't help on the d2 front even if I wanted to though.
hope you find someone.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can't believe my Japanese fighting game made by a Japanese game company for my game console made by another Japanese company is going to be in Japanese.

....WHAT, NOW IT'S ONLY IN ENGLISH?!?!?! UGH, THIS IS EVEN WORSE, THANKS OBATLUS, I DON'T WANT AMERICAN VOICE ACTORS ON MY AMERICAN COPY OF A GAME THAT I BOUGHT IN AMERICA.

All seriousness, unless you include both nowadays, just having one will result in complaining, though I do understand being used to one voice cast, then not bringing them back or having the sudden shift in one language then going to the other.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
will never ever understand the anger at not being able to watch a dub in a language you don't understand

Crocodile

Welp looks like my cable is down. I hope I can get it back for Saturday :/

Reposting for new page:

Episode #21 of the ToonamiGAF Podcast is here, new and improved thanks to the efforts of ckohler!

I don't think y'all spent enough time shitting on Bleach. Also nobody cares about Bleach spoilers LOL. As an aside, the machine the Snake dude is piloting IS a Gundam.

Gaming-wise, all I have left this year is I think Sun/Moon. I'm waiting for my paycheck to get KoFXIV & a new PC to play Overwatch on, plus I have a bunch of other older games that I need to get. Otherwise, I'll just keep playing Street Fighter V & Smash 4 while saving the rest of my cash for the NX.

Chris Pratt's head on Geese's body looks weird as hell LOL

Nice guy Arksys saving me money not dubbing the newest Blazblue game.

The worst part is all the people who defend the decision as one above reproach. Now let me be clear - I understand why Arksys did what they did. However I think people who are upset are 100% justified and its really annoying to see others just say "stop complaining about it!".

Jarate

Banned
Ive been trying to put way more time into Monster Hunter Generations recently, and all I want in life is the ability to play the game on a big screen. I wish they ported 4u and X to the Wii U like they did with 3u.

Mizerman

The worst part is all the people who defend the decision as one above reproach. Now let me be clear - I understand why Arksys did what they did. However I think people who are upset are 100% justified and its really annoying to see others just say "stop complaining about it!".

No kidding. Yeah, Arksys is a business and at the end they gotta do what they gotta do, but as a customer it's both my money and choice. So I'm not gonna support that.

Seda

-
will never ever understand the anger at not being able to watch a dub in a language you don't understand

*Note: I'm just listing my own preferences here, I don't mean to criticize what other people like to do*

I've played plenty of JPN-only voiced games this year. Essentially 5 in a row actually (SoSC, RG, 7D2020, 7D2020-II, 7D3.) I don't really mind it because I don't value story/narrative in games much anyway as I tend to focus on structure and mechanics. But, if I'm playing a game that isn't voiced in English, I inadvertently start tuning out the spoken dialogue. It becomes nothing more than white noise. I don't remember what a single character in those 5 games sounded like. In short, Japanese voices don't really /do/ anything for me.

I think in recent years I've realized I'm a bit of an auditory learner. (That goes for PhD stuff too). Not that my reading comprehension suffers or anything, but I feel there's information in the words people speak and how they speak them. In English, I can parse that information in things like inflection, tone, and where emphasis is placed (certain syllables or words). If it's not an English, I can get a small idea based on more simple things like sheer dialogue volume, but when I just hear a string of syllables to words I don't actually know, I can't as easily get that information and thus, I stop paying much attention to it and moreso just read the words as though they are unspoken. This isn't some decision I'm making, this is just how my mind works.

That also means, yes, I can tell when acting is poorer or greater in English and I can tell if a delivery/response doesn't contextually fit the situation. In Japanese I have no clue if the seiyuu are putting the best emphasis on the correct words depending on the situation. You basically just assume they are.

I know that might sound incredibly robotic - I've been told in several occasions that my manner of speaking/lecturing (as in actual taught lectures) is very ordered (yet endearing, I hear). It's how I work, how I think, even how I eat my dinners.

Anyway, enough rambling.

Raxus

An artist from Trigger actually did a Steven Universe episode that is airing today. I love it when my fandom worlds collide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom