• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Right now, I think I'm being more entertained by Brook & Franky's reactions to the fight than the fight itself.

Jarate

Banned
Dude, chill out already. There wasn't this much whining when we watched SAO.

Yes there was, I went in on SAO, although I think I posted Aaaaaaaaa a lot more there

Naruto isn't as bad as SAO, but it gets very close to me. Its just the dialogue is so fucking poorly paced, you'd think a show with 90% exposition would know how to do exposition

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like I should be liking this fight more than I am, but I can't put my finger on it, something feels....off.....

maybe it's the animation feeling....slow?

Jarate

Banned
I feel like I should be liking this fight more than I am, but I can't put my finger on it, something feels....off.....

This is really the first arc that becomes really really really badly paced.

Also, it has some really bad animation followed by good animation

This is the part of the series where I suggest reading the Manga. The manga is ace for basically all of its arcs except for arguably 1 arc

Yeah, things are moving slowly, but there's also the fact that thematically, it doesn't feel right for Zoro to fight Ryuma, so there's little emotional connection with the battle. The only thing linking them is that they both use swords.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This is really the first arc that becomes really really really badly paced.

Also, it has some really bad animation followed by good animation

This is the part of the series where I suggest reading the Manga. The manga is ace for basically all of its arcs except for arguably 1 arc
Yeah, I think it's just the overall pacing of this fight. Things aren't happening as fast as they feel like they should be happening. I imagine the manga was better/wasn't as drawn out.

Also I totally understand the opinion that it should've been Brook's fight.

Crocodile

I've seen a lot of anime sword fights and this is pretty mediocre from an animation & choreography perspective. It's not terrible per say but I expected better :/

Burning zombie must smell gross though

Huh, first time I've seen Seda go bish on someone.

Seda is a super patient man but a poster can only play with fire for so long. From the looks of things Bones had infinite warnings. Ah well.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
We haven't gotten to modern One Piece, so I'm not going to compare it to what I've seen of Naruto (Modern One Piece is Garbo)

This animation is way more fluid,the coloring is way better, and the character move a lot better then Naruto.
Actually if you're judging based on that than this time period the episodes were all noticeably very low budget for a while but this could be explained with them saving a ton of money because some pretty big events are about to happen in Naruto and they basically all happen one after the other minus the filler arc inbetween

Seda

Yeah, things are moving slowly, but there's also the fact that thematically, it doesn't feel right for Zoro to fight Ryuma, so there's little emotional connection with the battle. The only thing linking them is that they both use swords.

On one hand I feel like Brook taking on Ryuma would almost be /too/ formulaic, you know?

one-piece-64105.jpg

There's actually more than that, but it won't make sense unless you're familiar with Oda's previous one-shot manga.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, I think it's just the overall pacing of this fight. Things aren't happening as fast as they feel like they should be happening. I imagine the manga was better/wasn't as drawn out.

I think this was all a single chapter in the manga, so it's being drawn out a bit here.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Actually if anything the fight is too short in the anime.

Crocodile

What is lacking is good fight choreography. It's what made the sword fights in Samurai Champloo so good (as an example). It's not just about animating things but staging shots and moves in a way that is exciting and reads well to the viewer. This fight........isn't doing that well.

Sword of the Stranger is a movie you should check out (if you haven't already) that has really good sword fight choreography (and animation).

On one hand I feel like Brook taking on Ryuma would almost be /too/ formulaic, you know?

True, but they could have also done more to build up a rivalry of sorts between Zoro and Ryuma. Or at least not hype up Ryuma so much if Zoro was going to have a relatively easy time against him.

Like, he had a harder fight against that one guy on Skypiea that he had to learn to use his projectile attacks against.

Mik317

these Truth comercials constantly show that the people running them are so out of touch with their intended audience

"hello fellow kids"

Jarate

Banned
This is right around the time it got to be a chapter an episode

While One Piece can get away with this a little bit better then other shows due to Odas horrendously unhealthy schedule, this is when the show starts slowing down hardcore

Water 7 was really the peak of the anime. I love Thriller Bark, but this is when I wish there was a One Piece Kai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom