• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
True, but they could have also done more to build up a rivalry of sorts between Zoro and Ryuma. Or at least not hype up Ryuma so much if Zoro was going to have a relatively easy time against him.

Considering what comes later, Zorro needs a bit of hyping here. It helps what comes later be believable.

ckohler

I agree that One Piece's animation looks mediocre most of the time. But when it looks good, it's really good. What I don't like is the overuse of Sakuga. It's so obvious when scenes have a completely different animator and style that it's jarring.

It's why shows like Gurren Lagann looks so damn good. The animation was great throughout the entire series (episode 3 doesn't count).

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Considering what comes later, Zorro needs a bit of hyping here. It helps what comes later be believable.
im trying to think what exactly you mean, do you mean when he is super outclassed by Mohawk? Or maybe how he is part of e
Whatsthatgroupcalledagains for being s rookie with a high bounty?

Moaradin

I agree that One Piece's animation looks mediocre most of the time. But when it looks good, it's really good. What I don't like is the overuse of Sakuga. It's so obvious when scenes have a completely different animator and style that it's jarring.

It's why shows like Gurren Lagann looks so damn good. The animation was great throughout the entire series (episode 3 doesn't count).

It all depends on how it's used. Shows like HxH does it well since the show already looks pretty good normally, but the frequent sakuga moments still fit well with the art style.

Though I still appreciate when animators get creative and do something different. Just makes those scenes stick out more.

I don't really get why that was being considered as Zoro hype. He just had a fight and he needed a new sword.

Brook's dillemma wasn't about his pride as a swordsman either. He just wanted his shadow back.

I kind of got the initial disappointment of wanting Brook to defeat him... years ago when I first saw this but nowadays I think this was the much better option ultimately. Sharing the sentiment of Ryumma through two different people in two completely different ways works for me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
im trying to think what exactly you mean, do you mean when he is super outclassed by Mohawk? Or maybe how he is part of e
Whatsthatgroupcalledagains for being s rookie with a high bounty?

No, (big time spoilers)
when he takes on Luffy's damage. If he takes too much damage in this fight then it puts his ability too far above Luffy, but he's also got to be strong enough to tank it. So he's got to get through his fight without much damage and seem strong enough for the reader to buy that he can take on Luffy's damage.

Mik317

there is just a lot of padding in this arc that tanks it for me (anime wise at least...the poor pacing and delayed releases made me read the manga from this point on)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom