• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say that I'm not really liking how Toei is adapting this arc.

I have the manga on my shelf and the pacing, look, and feel of it all is so much more breath-taking and well crafted then this.

There's so much time wasting going on here.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I agree that One Piece's animation looks mediocre most of the time. But when it looks good, it's really good. What I don't like is the overuse of Sakuga. It's so obvious when scenes have a completely different animator and style that it's jarring.

It's why shows like Gurren Lagann looks so damn good. The animation was great throughout the entire series (episode 3 doesn't count).
I love sakuga because I get to see so many different styles and helps animators get a name for themselves so they won't be paid literal pennies, sakuga is so necessary also for long running shows where they're constantly spending money on the next episode.

I will say that I'm not really liking how Toei is adapting this arc.

I have the manga on my shelf and the pacing, look, and feel of it all is so much more breath-taking and well crafted then this.

There's so much time wasting going on here.

Rarely does anything in the anime surpass how it actually looks in the manga.

Thriller Bark (manga) made good use of hatching and dark shading to replicate that spooky horror aesthetic.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
No, (big time spoilers)
when he takes on Luffy's damage. If he takes too much damage in this fight then it puts his ability too far above Luffy, but he's also got to be strong enough to tank it. So he's got to get through his fight without much damage and seem strong enough for the reader to buy that he can take on Luffy's damage.
Man, the end of this arc is such a blur to me except for that one big moment idk why, maybe its because I checked out of this arc

ckohler

I love sakuga because I get to see so many different styles and helps animators get a name for themselves so they won't be paid literal pennies, sakuga is so necessary also for long running shows where they're constantly spending money on the next episode.
Yeah, good point about long running shows. It's not that I don't like Sakuga in general. I think it bothers me when it happens mid episode. It's better when entire episodes are better looking.

I think my other issue is that sometimes One Piece can look pretty bad. A lot of Thriller Bark is pretty "cheap" looking most of the time and so the mid episode Sakuga stands out more (for good and bad). I think the next major story arc has constantly better animation overall.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Should we get another Sentai show, I hope it's in line of the VA quality of this instead of Akame ga Kill.

Sure, there was a few awful performances, but there was some glimpses of good VAs on par with Funimation.

This moment is legit shocking. To think that someone would willingly join the Parasytes. It's just such a good twist. I know the mangaka really gets kinda preachy with the "humans are the parasites" thing but this was pretty good.

I might be in the minority, but I do kinda like this scene.

It's over the top, but I feel like it's earned somewhat. I can't say that with most of the show.

Jarate

Banned
I might be in the minority, but I do kinda like this scene.

It's over the top, but I feel like it's earned somewhat. I can't say that with most of the show.

I like this scene without any knowledge of future events

With future events, this is just blehhhhhhhhh

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Should we get another Sentai show, I hope it's in line of the VA quality of this instead of Akame ga Kill.

Sure, there was a few awful performances, but there was some glimpses of good VAs on par with Funimation.
This is by far the best acted Sentai show I've seen.

Moaradin

Parasyte is one of the better things they have dub wise and it's still pretty mediocre. Persona 4 the animation might be their best but I bet a lot of that has to do with the VOs from the game reprising their roles.

Other potential Sentai shows like Log Horizon and Gatchaman Crowds have really awful dubs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Parasyte is one of the better things they have dub wise and it's still pretty mediocre. Persona 4 the animation might be their best but I bet a lot of that has to do with the VOs from the game reprising their roles.
Yeah, my guess is the P4 actors had an understanding of how their character would deliver their lines.

I still think part of the issue is the ADR Director just getting what seems like the first take & being content with that. It's less the voices at times & more how the lines are being said........that, & how they translate them (i.e. don't insert damn memes like Gatchaman Crowds having AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT being said by someone which is extremely out of character for them).

Seda

Yeah, my guess is the P4 actors had an understanding of how their character would deliver their lines.

I still think part of the issue is the ADR Director just getting what seems like the first take & being content with that. It's less the voices at times & more how the lines are being said........that, & how they translate them.

Shinichi's performance in the last episode is especially awful, I wonder if they were running of budget or studio time or whatnot and just rushed to the finish.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Shinichi's performance in the last episode is especially awful, I wonder if they were running of budget or studio time or whatnot and just rushed to the finish.
Shinichi's VA was especially weird in that at first, it seemed kind of off, but knowing what would happen, it seemed appropriate & at times, it worked, but yes, during these last few episodes, ESPECIALLY during the final episode, it's like they knew they were almost done & just wanted to get it done and over with.

Jarate

Banned
I think this show would've worked a lot better of the Parasites were way more pragmatic.

So far they've tried to kill all humans and that's about it. Like this parasites are actually the good guys and humans are the true parasytes doesn't really work when the parasytes are just murdering willy nilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom