• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I recently bought Gravity Rush Remastered, because it was on sale.

I know there are a few fans of the game here, so forgive me if this sound unfriendly, but does it improve as it goes along? Because I've played for around 2 hours, and man, this moment to moment gameplay isn't doing it for me. I'm not really feeling story missions that have me chasing pigeons I can't actually catch.
Eeehhhhh, kind of? I like the game to the point I 100%'d both the original Vita near launch & then the PS4 version, but I completely understand people who feel as though this is a better "mechanic demonstration" or concept than a game, which is why I'm hopeful the sequel will offer much more variety (& based on the fact there's actually going to be more types of enemies, I'm hopeful it'll fix some of the other issues I had).

I'm just glad the PS4 version got rid of the awful motion controls, especially for the gravity sliding because some of those trials were annoying because of trying to steer.

Soulflarz

Banned
A romance series where it realistically breaks down to Raku being torn between 2 women- the girl he has to fake date to prevent a gang war (Chitoge) and his Childhood Friend (Onadera). He has a pendant that he has had since childhood, that supposedly has the name of the girl he promised to marry when he was 5, and every girl in this series has a key.

A l-o-n-g pointless series happens, but in the end, Onadera confesses to Raku that she loves him, and he turns her down and decides to go with Chitoge. After that, he opens the locket, and it is revealed that Onadera is the promised girl.

In the finale, it is revealed that everyone is living a happy life, but Onadera is
now working as a pastery chef, AND IS FUCKING MAKING THE WEDDING CAKE FOR RAKU AND ONADERA
!

PLEASE BE FAKE MY BRAIN

I like how Bigkrev just posted blatant unmarked spoilers for Nisekoi but no one gives a shit cause lol nisekoi except for Soul-Chan who just realize he was wasting his time collecting a pile of shit for his book case.

I think Big Krev meant R&C with that spoiler but done goofed and put R&O though if it is the latter and its a delusional cake it'd be amazing.

I feel like Nisekoi would be tolerable if Shu was the main character.

But enough about that time sink, I've hit a point in Danganronpa where I'm not sure what I'm supposed to click on to advance the plot. Now I'm just running around clicking on things.

Always happens to me in these games.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is it me or does Zonic make a perfect Trunks voice?

:lol

Huh, he really did.
Haha, I didn't think my impression of Trunks was that great. One thing I hope to change is the quality of my voice, since I'll probably get a better mic instead of using my smartphone. Hate listening to the recording to find out "wtf, THAT'S how my voice or impersonation sounds like through the mic!? That's not at all what I was trying to go for!"

Crocodile

I really need to stop going into the RLM Ghostbusters controversy analysis thread there I'm slowly losing faith in humanity.

*Pops into thread*

There are too many other, more important/impactful topics for me to say the discussion of a movie will ever make me lost faith in humanity. For that movie though, I feel the discussion is moving in circles and has been for a while? My impression was that the money it took in wasn't that bad at all but it was budgeted as an action blockbuster as opposed to a comedy film and that will be the reason the film falls short? Like is there any real evidence that the mouthbreathers that freaked out about the all-female cast was a statically significant number of consumers who by skipping the movie or convincing their friends to skip it could really hurt the film? It seemed very easy to me to avoid the "controversy" if you wanted to. I'm more inclined to think those who didn't like the movie for sexist reasons were more loud and persistent than actually numerous.

BBboy20

*Pops into thread*

There are too many other, more important/impactful topics for me to say the discussion of a movie will ever make me lost faith in humanity. For that movie though, I feel the discussion is moving in circles and has been for a while? My impression was that the money it took in wasn't that bad at all but it was budgeted as an action blockbuster as opposed to a comedy film and that will be the reason the film falls short? Like is there any real evidence that the mouthbreathers that freaked out about the all-female cast was a statically significant number of consumers who by skipping the movie or convincing their friends to skip it could really hurt the film? It seemed very easy to me to avoid the "controversy" if you wanted to. I'm more inclined to think those who didn't like the movie for sexist reasons were more loud and persistent than actually numerous.
The moral of the story is that what surrounded the film will be remembered much more then the film itself.

*Pops into thread*

I mean people are literally saying that basically "if you've ever had a negative thought about gb16 at any point for any reason you're secretly sexist" because apparently the only reason to dislike the film is gender based. It spills into other topics when people who claim to be fighting for equal rights and progression are so stubborn and narrow minded they aren't able to see other possibilities at all. No one is saying the legit sexist opinions are bad, the point a lot of people are making is that it was an over blown criticism by a vocal minority like what happened with TFA and FR but that makes half the internet sexist in cerain posters eyes.

Also the film would be underperforming even if it had more of a comedy budget like Fieg's pasts work, and isn't the billion dollar idea he originally pitched to Sony.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess it's called Suicide Squad because it's committing suicide at the box office?

The moral of the story is that what surrounded the film will be remembered much more then the film itself.
Sadly true, see also The Interview.

It just doesn't look all that funny, especially considering the humor is the complete opposite of what the original was going for (& this is coming from someone who has no GB nostalgia). This is just louder, more "in-your-face", and has to drag a joke that could've worked into no longer being funny. & it just doesn't help I was never a fan of Melissa McCarthy's material.

Also I always point out how in The Real Ghostbusters, I thought it was cool that Janine actually became a Ghostbuster at times & EVEN FOUGHT A GOD ALL BY HERSELF TO SAVE THE MAIN GANG to people who whine about what Bass mentioned, though thankfully I've had the luck of people being understanding as to why the new film doesn't look good.

Its about two weeks premature to say SS will disappoint at the box office since it could still have a big opening weekend where even if it drops hard it could still be profitable.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder how well the legs will be for Suicide Squad in the coming weeks.
Can't help but wonder if it'll be a similar situation like with BvS, where it could have a huge opening weekend, but then takes a HUGE drop off in the following week due to audience reaction. Doesn't help it seems that it's unlikely to get a release in China, where a good amount of money seems to come from for a lot of movies these days.

In all honesty, I'm not that big of a movie person. There's still movies I like, but I've always been a lot more into games. Hell, the next movies I want to see are Lego Batman, and then freakin' Pacific Rim 2 & Wreck-It Ralph 2, both of which aren't coming until Early 2018.

inb4 "yet you work at a movie theater?" comments

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The only "movies" I really care about are Rifftrax.....which I can now see for free instead of spending about $10 for a ticket.

Line_HTX

I don't like how if I'm somebody who never got into Ghostbusters as a kid because that was never my thing, that somehow I have to be only sexist against this remake. Like, that's just beneath contempt and unworthy of talking with somebody who broad brushes like that.

As for Suicide Squad, I just don't want to see it because I think Will Smith made a mistake in wanting to cash in on the superhero fad. That and DC still makes awful movies.

I was trying to think of the last good movie Will Smith was in (probably I Am Legend 9 years ago) but I looked at his filmography and he's been in a lot of shitty movies.

I was trying to think of the last good movie Will Smith was in (probably I Am Legend 9 years ago) but I looked at his filmography and he's been in a lot of shitty movies.

I am Legends is a mediocre remake/adaptation of the book/film

Concussion was solid thought most of the bad films WS is in he's usually the best part

Soulflarz

Banned
I like how Bigkrev just posted blatant unmarked spoilers for Nisekoi but no one gives a shit cause lol nisekoi except for Soul-Chan who just realize he was wasting his time collecting a pile of shit for his book case.

I didn't even care that much, that was a "how bad can this get from mediocre harem" at this point.

Josh5890

Is there a reason why One Punch Man isn't available to watch on toonami.com? I'm trying to catch up on last week's shows with no luck as far as OPM goes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Gotta go to adultswim.com/videos & search for the show. Here's OPM's page.

Interestingly, shows like Akame ga Kill are still listed, yet just take you to the Toonami page, but Dimension W still has all 12 episodes up for view. Kill la Kill has episodes 7 through 23 up. M&H has a weird mix of episodes up, & Space Dandy only has 4 episodes of S1 up (4, 6, 7, & 8). Other shows like Blue Exorcist & Gurren Lagann aren't even listed.

Jarate

Banned
giphy.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Asura's Wrath is the best anime within a game. I remember not having any interest when it was first announced, but then during Captivate 2011, I saw the fight during that giant buddha dude & was instantly hooked.

.......I really wish it got a sequel, I would love to see how CC2 would try to top some of the fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom