• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guys, no reason to buy SAO. If you want Smut, buy Akiba Strip from last week. If you want a good game, Danganronpa 2 is out in a week or so
Or be like me & get both. Can't wait to get my Danganronpa 2 LE in 2 weeks.

Also Akiba's Trip is nowhere near as smutty as one would think, save for VERY limited scenes of the main characters/villains being defeated, & even then, it's equal amounts fanservice & manservice. It's more about humor relating to otakuness & other pop culture stuff (there's both a Jojo & SHINING FINGER reference in it). Had quite a good amount of laughs.

& I know this has been said so many times before, but think we'll finally hear what's happening with Black Lagoon & its replacement this week? Granted, the finale got pushed back a week, but still.

Nice summer ratings for once
Bvar6qaIQAEEAPS.jpg

My god, I'm 1/2 tempted to get Hollow Fragment just to read the script.
I doubt this is any better WITH context

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is there any chance we'll get the 2nd season of Durarara? Baccano would be fun to rewatch, though it was a bit confusing at times with all the jumping around time periods.

LOLDSFAN

Well we got the first season on Adult Swim, but apparently the ratings were low.

We'd probably have to harass DeMarco/Tumblr for it.

18-49 ratings:

11:30PM Attack on Titan 0.6 rating, 769,000 adults 18-49 (tvmediainsights.com)
12:00AM Bleach 0.5 rating, 649,000 adults 18-49
12:30AM Space Dandy 0.4 rating, 519,000 adults 18-49
1:00AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.4 rating, 473,000 adults 18-49
1:30AM One Piece 0.3 rating, 424,000 adults 18-49
2:00AM Gurren Lagann 0.3 rating, 430,000 adults 18-49
2:30AM Beware the Batman 0.3 rating, 411,000 adults 18-49
3:00AM Black Lagoon 0.3 rating, 426,000 adults 18-49
3:30AM Naruto 0.3 rating, 408,000 adults 18-49 (tvmediainsights.com)
4:00AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.2 rating, 309,000 adults 18-49
4:30AM Cowboy Bebop 0.2 rating, 290,000 adults 18-49
5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.2 rating, 311,000 adults 18-49
5:30AM Samurai Jack 0.2 rating, 225,000 adults 18-49

DominoKid

More visuals for Durarara!!×2 released:

dura.png.jpg
http://cdn01.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnails/max500x500g/cms/news/77765/dura2.png.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://cdn02.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnails/max500x500/cms/news/77765/dura3.png.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

who the hell are these people?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yuchiro hate? That's almost as bad as giving these episodes the wrong episode number, which you did.

Also, all side character focus is dead by Stars, what a shame.

So I did, ah well, fix it next week.

Hate would be too strong a word, it is more they never really did anything with him. He was just kind of there, taking up space. Also, the human focus gets stamped out by SS in the anime and the manga ditches them sooner. Seems to be part and parcel of magical girl shows, once they are legion all else goes out the window.

Surprise, random Toonami show to air each weekday at 12:30 AM?

The next day 08th MS Team is on at midnight.

I wonder where it's pulling the data from - I mean, it's gotta be old info from god knows where, considering it's pulling a rating along with it. Just interesting that it's old Toonami shows.

MikeMyers

So I did, ah well, fix it next week.

Hate would be too strong a word, it is more they never really did anything with him. He was just kind of there, taking up space. Also, the human focus gets stamped out by SS in the anime and the manga ditches them sooner. Seems to be part and parcel of magical girl shows, once they are legion all else goes out the window.

Yuchiro and co. are still in SuperS, it is just that their screentime declines every season, and are non-existent by Stars.

Still haven't gotten around to watching Mondays SM episodes, or finishing the Toonami shows I slept though, Smash hype got real lol and me raging over Gunvolt's US release not bothering to localize the story because it would take "too much time"

Gorillaz

all Eren is missing is the hipster glasses and the elf ears and he would be yugioh, son of lovechild and father of the year Satan, just like that!

daveo42

Banned
all Eren is missing is the hipster glasses and the elf ears and he would be yugioh, son of lovechild and father of the year Satan, just like that!

"Smartest anime in years" contender right here. Just make sure you keep in all of the unnecessary T&A during serious moments and an endless stream of females who will lay their lives down for the main character and you'll be golden.

Soulflarz

Banned

Oh yeah, i forgot. Was Satan: Bad->apparently a good guy-> bad please ignore the last few episodes we need to wrap up?

Gorillaz

Unfortunately, Man God was wrong, Satan was INDEED a good guy and did everything he did for love of both his son and the mother.
"Smartest anime in years" contender right here. Just make sure you keep in all of the unnecessary T&A during serious moments and an endless stream of females who will lay their lives down for the main character and you'll be golden.

"It's what a modern Cowboy Bebop would want to strive to be like"-media

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Unfortunately, Man God was wrong, Satan was INDEED a good guy and did everything he did for love of both his son and the mother.

"It's what a modern Cowboy Bebop would want to strive to be like"-media

Wait, is that quote real?
I know the "SAO is the smartest anime" quote is from Kotaku but...

I honestly started tearing up. Poor dude.

I was honestly going to just ignore the whole ALS challenge

Don't get me wrong I'm not dumping water on my head, or donating $100, but I will donate some cash from my next pay check. Maybe do a Toonami GAF esque challenge for ALS, something like for every episode I miss during the Attack on Titan marathon I'll pay $5 for ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom