• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides Dandy and Sailor Moon, this new anime season has kinda sucked. Thank god for JoJo. My eternal rock.

there's some good comedy shows, but as far as action/suspense goes there's just Terror in Resonance.

also, i'm meh on Crystal so far. i'll watch episode 3 and decide whether or not to drop it.

Moaradin

Terror in Tokyo is pretty great so far and Akame ga Kill is good. Tokyo Ghoul is hilarious, I recommend. I heard Barakamon is good but I haven't watched it yet.

Gorillaz

I've only seen one episode of Resonance in Terror but I liked the premise. The tone of it is what worries me tho but well see.

Shit, forgot Terror in Resonance. I haven't watched Akame Ga Kill. I'll look into it. At this point I just want to watch Aldnoah just to see these assholes all get their shit pushed in. I like nobody in the cast anyway.

Yeah, it's funny Inaho is like the polar opposite of Beware the Batman's Batman, he's a rookie but is hands and feet smarter and better then every other character in the cast, and he only has a trainee mech LOL Show really should focus more on Slaine, or get Inaho in a super robot ASAP.

Akame Ga Kill is a pretty excellent shonen so far, really good mixture of shonen action and comedy with of course it's fabled GRIM DARK setting that blends together pretty well.

There's always SAO II!

...Meh, just wait for the inevitable Toonami airing.

Oh I can't wait that long for more of the hilarious train wreck that is SAO, and it's such a fun show I have no problem rewatching it multiple times with first time watchers to see the rage flow.

i'm behind on Akame ga Kill (seen three episodes), but it doesn't throw in the hilarious grimdark shit enough for it to escape being horribly generic so far.

Soulflarz

Banned
if you can stomach Shippuden, Bleach, and Blue Exorcist then Clone Wars is probably fine. this season's been off to a rocky start though.

it didn't really miss that often last season. this one, though....
Wait
I didnt see Shippuden and Bleach! :p

The one decent thing about Clone Wars on a block like Toonami is that most episodes are stand alone so if you miss a week or two often you didn't miss anything vital to understanding the plot

I'd throw in Akame Ga Kill and Resonance in Terror on the list of enjoyable anime that started airing this season. Still on the fence about Aldnoah Zero there are parts of it I really like and parts of it that make me groan.
I've read the manga of Akame Ga Kill, and let's just say you haven't seen anything yet there's a lot of stuff that wouldn't be appropriate for Toonami.

Terror in Resonance

Terror in Tokyo

Resonance in Terror

2516508-5567548374-Fh3ro.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
None of the current crop of anime has that big name feel/appeal that will guarantee a spot on Toonami, well besides SMC in a few years.

Next season has Terra ForMars. That would be Toonami appropriate.

The problem with these shows is we need to know who acquires the license to them and if they dub them. As an example if dubbed I can see Aldnoah Zero being a fit for the block down the line

I do agree with Man God there really aren't that many BIG new anime coming out that have the same kind of appeal as stuff like SAO and AoT had. Kill la Kill is the only other one with any kind of hyped appeal around it and that's a limbo case due to it's lewd content.

I have a weird feeling we may see Psycho Pass in the future... not sure if I'd really want that on the block people here would HATE it

None of the current crop of anime has that big name feel/appeal that will guarantee a spot on Toonami, well besides SMC in a few years.

SAO II and Tokyo Ghoul are sure-fire acquisitions for next year.

The Japanese name is Zakyou no Terror, translated into English it's Terror in Resonance, though it's easy to make the mistake of calling in Resonance in Terror (I know I did on the last page lol). Terror in Tokyo though I believe is a live action Japanese series that has nothing to do with the anime

i just found it funny that three posts in a row called it by a different name. >.>

SAO II and all future seasons of SAO will all air on Toonami that's not even up for debate.

Tokyo Ghoul is a possibility for sure especially if/when Funi dubs it. If they can't air it uncensored though I feel it'll be kind of pointless

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
SAO II and all future seasons of SAO will all air on Toonami that's not even up for debate.

Tokyo Ghoul is a possibility for sure especially if/when Funi dubs it. If they can't air it uncensored though I feel it'll be kind of pointless

If Tokyo Ghoul's biggest problem is violence, then they'll be fine. People really need to remember that violence is never a problem.
If the series is covered in lewdness and tits, that's where it gets iffy.

If Tokyo Ghoul's biggest problem is violence, then they'll be fine. People really need to remember that violence is never a problem.
If the series is covered in lewdness and tits, that's where it gets iffy.

That's not my problem with it airing on the block, my problem is the Japanese version is so heavily censored for Japanese TV it makes the show pretty unwatchable when some of it's scenes are almost completely black with some odd background thing not censored out.

If Toonami can get an uncensored version to air then I'm all in, but if it's the same censored Japanese version then I really could care less about TG on the block

BatDan

That's not my problem with it airing on the block, my problem is the Japanese version is so heavily censored for Japanese TV it makes the show pretty unwatchable when some of it's scenes are almost completely black with some odd background thing not censored out.

If Toonami can get an uncensored version to air then I'm all in, but if it's the same censored Japanese version then I really could care less about TG on the block

Ooooh I see.
I'm sure Funi could get their hands on the uncensored version. I hope... I know AoT has the black boxes sometimes so that's troublesome.

BatDan

Judging by those screens, I think we got the Blu-Ray versions.
Meaning the black boxes were always meant to be there.... oh well.

Judging by those screens, I think we got the Blu-Ray versions.
Meaning the black boxes were always meant to be there.... oh well.

Which episode specifically had the black boxes? I honestly don't remember though I do own the DVD release and could check to see if it's still there

BatDan

Which episode specifically had the black boxes? I honestly don't remember though I do own the DVD release and could check to see if it's still there

The latest episode when Jean found Marco's body. The half that was gone was darker.
There was also an earlier episode where a girl was trying to revive her boyfriend, not realizing he's "half the man he used to be". Apparently the bloody half was dark.

MikeMyers

also, i'm meh on Crystal so far. i'll watch episode 3 and decide whether or not to drop it.

I wonder how much RAEG there will be when they realize this version
focuses primarily on Usagi and Mamoru while the other Scouts get shafted as fast as a Chaozu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom