• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still shook over seeing DBZ promos on tv....in 2014.

Don't listen to Demarco, what's the worst that can happen, friends

Don't worry you'll be seeing more in the future as we could possibly see them for DBZ Kai on Toonami starting this fall, and they've already announced another theatrical film so we'll see previews for that movie in the US probably 2017

question: why did Satan suddenly just back off from trying to get Rin at the start of Blue Exorcist?

I believe it's because Rin destroyed the Gehenna gate, I assume in the manga Satan's goal isn't to possess one of his sons to merge/destroy Assiah and Gehhenna and was instead trying to take Rin back with him for some unknown reason that maybe Man God knows as a manga reader. In the anime it's probably because Satan is a complete idiot like everyone else

I believe it's because Rin destroyed the Gehenna gate, I assume in the manga Satan's goal isn't to possess one of his sons to merge/destroy Assiah and Gehhenna and was instead trying to take Rin back with him for some unknown reason that maybe Man God knows as a manga reader. In the anime it's probably because Satan is a complete idiot like everyone else

either way, did they establish that he was sealed in hell or something? i feel like this is kind of a big oversight unless they said "being around True Cross will hide you" and i missed it

either way, did they establish that he was sealed in hell or something? i feel like this is kind of a big oversight unless they said "being around True Cross will hide you" and i missed it

It was more hiding him from the other exorcists and the church who would kill Rin for being the son of Satan, along with protecting him from the demons from Gehenna that Satan could possibly send to retrieve Rin.

LOLDSFAN

Blue Exorcist won the block last week off of those lines from Satan about her cans alone

ibjKpKibeULOFW.gif

Two tickets ordered for me and my best friend to see Battle of Gods tomorrow, one hour drive with someone who has only seen bits and pieces of DBZ to see a movie that apparently isn't good

Totally worth

Gorillaz

I did not know that whole "it's called anime, art form" pic/meme was actually part of the show. I thought it was made up by people on the internet.

He's delivery of that line in supernatural is serious and hilarious

Well duh Satan said they could kill him. They obviously have a mind of their own.

that might explain some things in the show...maybe

I have no desire to read the Akame no Kill manga. Spoil for me what about the series is SO EDGY & DARK!

Alright then.

AKAME SPOILERS, DON'T READ ANYONE ELSE:
A later group known as Wild Hunt are filled with psychopathic murdering rapists. There's a pretty overt rape scene with one choking a girl during the rape until she dies, and so the guy proceeds to drop her off the super high bed saying something along the lines of "another toy broke" right as her head explodes as her lifeless body hits the floor.

And he isn't even the worst one in the group. One is a pedophile clown, and while you don't see the child rape, you do see the lead up to it and the look on the guy's face while he's doing the deed.

And this is a shounen series we're talking about.

late rankings:

Space Dandy
Black Lagoon
Samurai Jack
One Piece
Attack on Titan
FMA Brotherhood
Batman Beyond short
Beware the Batman
Bleach
Naruto Shippuden
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Blue Exorcist

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I did not know that whole "it's called anime, art form" pic/meme was actually part of the show. I thought it was made up by people on the internet.

He's delivery of that line in supernatural is serious and hilarious

that might explain some things in the show...maybe

Yup, that's Supernatural. All the gifs and meme are actual parts of the show. You can't make this shit up, or rather they already did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom