• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
mcw7wWb.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
When you get the chance to put a fine ass gif on the top of the page you might as well go for something like that.

Most of my Bleach gifs are played out. Need to make some new ones...in 26 days I will!

Loved Battle of Gods, thought it was a perfect love letter to fans of DB and DBZ. The comedy worked really well and the final battle was worthy of the epic action the series became famous for. The dub was excellent and you could tell the localization writers and the voice actors were having a ton of fun. My buddy who only knows of db/z though the video games I made him play with me (he never had cartoon network growing up) loved it even if some of the more meta jokes lost some of their impact.

So glad I went to see it, I really don't get at all what people didn't like about it. Maybe the jokes in the Japanese version weren't as funny/sub voice acting isn't as good.

HOOOOLLLLY SHIT BATTLE OF GODS

as a hardcore dbz fan, the experiance of seeing that movie in a theater was unbelievable!!! i can understand now how people said it felt more like a DB movie though.

Loved Battle of Gods, thought it was a perfect love letter to fans of DB and DBZ. The comedy worked really well and the final battle was worthy of the epic action the series became famous for. The dub was excellent and you could tell the localization writers and the voice actors were having a ton of fun. My buddy who only knows of db/z though the video games I made him play with me (he never had cartoon network growing up) loved it even if some of the more meta jokes lost some of their impact.

So glad I went to see it, I really don't get at all what people didn't like about it. Maybe the jokes in the Japanese version weren't as funny/sub voice acting isn't as good.

i think people expected SUPERSERIOUSACTIONALLTHETIME

ahh, all those people who never realised that there is a huge chunk of stuff before the Z

Even then, DBZ had its fair chunk of comedic bits even during some of the more serious moments of the series. This is doubly so for people who only watched the original anime and never bothered with the manga or kai.

Bio-Frost

Much meh, not the movie of course. It's still not playing! The projector is messing up and everyone has been waiting for close to 40 min for a fix.

On the plus side everyone just got free movie tickets...I can make this fun, it's like waiting for namek to blow up.

Much meh, not the movie of course. It's still not playing! The projector is messing up and everyone has been waiting for close to 40 min for a fix.

On the plus side everyone just go free movie tickets...I can make this fun, it's like waiting for the namek to blow up.

5 minutes until the movie begins Kappa

I really want to go see Battle of the Gods but I'm tempted to just wait until they air it on here so I can get the fresh experience plus all the reactions.

Something in the projector failed so I'm not seeing it tonight :( Going to have to wait till tomorrow.
That sucks. :(

Reminds me of when I went to go see Guardians of the Galaxy last week. The dialogue and music was really muddled but the other sounds were very loud. It was sort of subtle and I woshedi had complained about it because it kinda soured my experience when I couldn't hear the punchlines.

dan2026

Toonami really needs some Jojo love.

Its weird, its violent and it already has an inbuilt cult following.

If the first season hasn't already been dubbed, it will be soon. Now is the time!

Toonami really needs some Jojo love.

Its weird, its violent and it already has an inbuilt cult following.

If the first season hasn't already been dubbed, it will be soon. Now is the time!

But Toonami is already airing Jojo, right Man God ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Here are the complete numbers.
http://www.tvmediainsights.com/adult-swim-ratings-scorecard-week-july-28-2014/

TOONAMI – SATURDAY, AUGUST 2, 2014

HOUSEHOLD RATINGS AND TOTAL VIEWERS

11:30PM Attack on Titan 0.7 HH, 979,000 viewers
12:00AM Bleach 0.6 HH, 865,000 viewers
12:30AM Space Dandy 0.6 HH, 851,000 viewers
1:00AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.6 HH, 821,000 viewers
1:30AM One Piece 0.5 HH, 761,000 viewers
2:00AM Blue Exorcist 0.6 HH, 749,000 viewers
2:30AM Beware the Batman 0.5 HH, 656,000 viewers
3:00AM Black Lagoon 0.5 HH, 648,000 viewers
3:30AM Naruto 0.4 HH, 613,000 viewers
4:00AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.4 HH, 533,000 viewers
4:30AM Cowboy Bebop 0.4 HH, 455,000 viewers
5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.4 HH, 511,000 viewers
5:30AM Samurai Jack 0.4 HH, 467,000 viewers

ADULTS 18-49

11:30PM Attack on Titan 0.4 rating, 498,000 adults 18-49
12:00AM Bleach 0.4 rating, 484,000 adults 18-49
12:30AM Space Dandy 0.3 rating, 434,000 adults 18-49
1:00AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.3 rating, 426,000 adults 18-49
1:30AM One Piece 0.3 rating, 408,000 adults 18-49
2:00AM Blue Exorcist 0.3 rating, 415,000 adults 18-49
2:30AM Beware the Batman 0.3 rating, 398,000 adults 18-49
3:00AM Black Lagoon 0.3 rating, 377,000 adults 18-49
3:30AM Naruto 0.3 rating, 334,000 adults 18-49
4:00AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.2 rating, 268,000 adults 18-49
4:30AM Cowboy Bebop 0.2 rating, 240,000 adults 18-49
5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.2 rating, 279,000 adults 18-49
5:30AM Samurai Jack 0.2 rating, 251,000 adults 18-49

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hey, has anyone experienced random pages loading over a Neogaf page? I've had it happen a few times today, & they almost seem spam/virus like. There a specific mod I should PM about this so they can look into it?

Edit: JUST after I posted this, it happened. Something about Chrome needing to be updated.

Tamanon

Banned
Hey, has anyone experienced random pages loading over a Neogaf page? I've had it happen a few times today, & they almost seem spam/virus like. There a specific mod I should PM about this so they can look into it?

Edit: JUST after I posted this, it happened. Something about Chrome needing to be updated.

PM any mod that's online. I've had it happen a few times in the past. I suspect it's an ad or image someone posted.

daveo42

Banned

I had another page pop up that I had to close to get rid of. Not exactly sure who to contact about it. Most people just make a thread, but you could probably try a random mod to see if you get some traction.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
EviLore is already aware of this. Seems to be a rogue advertisement.
Ah, okay. Was just about to PM you with the details. I managed to grab part of the URL from the page that appears.

Edit: Oh sweet, so if things work out, not only will I go with my friend to see Guardians of the Galaxy in IMAX sometime soon, but we'll also go see DBZ: Battle of Gods & TMNT in 3D on Saturday.

bigkrev

People seem a little excited in the Naruto manga thread, haha.

I'm happy that 90% of discussion on the big 3 have moved out of the main Manga thread and into indiviual threads. Makes the thread actually readable on Wednesday without a bunch of shit that usually flows in once a week.

Hey hey hey, Doritos Loaded are the fucking bomb okay.

This is an example of them going down the right path, but trying too hard. Now, if you want to talk about putting Doritios in the Slurpees or something? That sounds interesting. But the Loaded Doritos seem like a strict downgrade from just buying a bag of normal Chips and emptying their hot cheese and chili machine into it on the "I'm a subhuman piece of garbage" scale.

I'm happy that 90% of discussion on the big 3 have moved out of the main Manga thread and into indiviual threads. Makes the thread actually readable on Wednesday without a bunch of shit that usually flows in once a week.

I agree, its great to not have to be judged by the people in manga gaf who don't like shonen. Its very liberating to never have to enter that thread ever again

The iorny is that manga gaf started as a thread to discuss all of shonen jump's manga in one place, and now almost all the shonen jump manga have their own threads due to not feeling welcome in the thread they originally created to discuss shonen. Funny how it works

I agree, its great to not have to be judged by the people in manga gaf who don't like shonen. Its very liberating to never have to enter that thread ever again

The iorny is that manga gaf started as a thread to discuss all of shonen jump's manga in one place, and now almost all the shonen jump manga have their own threads due to not feeling welcome in the thread they originally created to discuss shonen. Funny how it works

.......isn't the other most-read thing in that thread random fanservice manga?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom