• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Especially since the jump in quality of the block after it leaves will be astounding.

I'll be happy to see a straight hour of complete awesome back in the block after the last few weeks of Blue Exorcist followed by Beware the Jobber. It's going to be such a great pick-me-up in the middle of the block. Just think if Black Lagoon was still in at 230...people would need a fresh pair of underwear after all that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
YES. I am so freaking hype for TTGL
Same here. 3rd watch through, but it'll be great having fresh viewers to watch it with to see their reactions.

I'm not gonna say which episodes nor what reactions I'm hoping for, but I can't wait for certain episodes to air. Seriously, I'm trying so hard not to do the whole hyping/"wait till THIS episode"/"oh man NEXT WEEK!" deal because I want fresh reactions without any hint of what'll happen.

ckohler

Of course I'm super excited. :D

Although, I'm getting the impression there are very few people of ToonamiGAF who've never seen it. Maybe only five at most.

Btw, I plan on posting each eyecatch after they appear in each episode (not before, but in real time). So, look forward to that. I already have them ready and waiting. :)

Of course I'm super excited. :D

Although, I'm getting the impression there are very few people of ToonamiGAF who've never seen it. Maybe only five at most.

Btw, I plan on posting each eyecatch after they appear in each episode (not before, but in real time). So, look forward to that. I already have them ready and waiting. :)

I haven't seen past episode 10ish

Seda, htown, and levyne haven't seen anything

Gmn has only seen 4 episodes I believe

Not sure who else hasn't seen all of it

Seda

something about "piercing/reaching the heavens"

something about believing in someone who believes in someone

there's a hot springs scene

there's a boy, another boy with sunglasses, and a girl named yoko; also mechs

it's animated by gainax

that's about everything I know about Gurren Lagann.

Raxus

Imagine if BL kept its time slot. It would have been a one two punch of Black Lagoon and TTGL.

Hype hour would have been hypest.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
jXWQ133.gif

Soulflarz

Banned

it's animated by gainax

Its about piercing the heavens with your XXX

...not really, but thats according to the OST. The OST song names are all like that, and I have no other answer than the fact someone wanted to be weird.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

it's animated by gainax

There's also some ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

But the dub is great 0.o

Care to explain?

I really didn't like Kyle Hebert as Kamina, plus some of the real over the top stuff is kind of , I dunno, delivered a bit too calmly. Plus fuck them for pronouncing Simon as Semon. It's that Ti-dus Te-dus bullshit all over again

I really didn't like Kyle Hebert as Kamina, plus some of the real over the top stuff is kind of , I dunno, delivered a bit too calmly. Plus fuck them for pronouncing Simon as Semon. It's that Ti-dus Te-dus bullshit all over again

I can't comment on the Japanese version as I haven't seen it, but of the 10 episodes I did see I can't remember a line that wasn't yelled and over the top.

And both Simon and "Semon" are correct pronunciations *shrugs*

ckohler

They aired a new Space Dandy promo tonight for this weekend's episode. Looks pretty good. I can't find a YouTube link. Sorry.

Gorillaz

I might have to put that SAO drunkwatch on hold and finish baccano now that yall mention it

Or maybe not because every time I watch a show it gets announced for toonami a month later. What are the chances baccano ends up on the block?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom