• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

So, I saw Dragon Ball this evening. Had to go to a theatre that has the audacity to charge charges 13 dollars for tickets ON A TUESDAY, without even providing a benefit like reserved seating. Hell, we were in an old style room, without stadium seating even.

That stuff really annoyed me, and probably played a role in me not really thinking the movie was good. It had it's moments (I MARKED OUT when Jaco showed up because I had no idea he would be in this), and it certainly wasn't a bad movie like all the old DBZ movies were, but I guess I was expecting something crazy, because I thought the half with all the action was clearly inferior to the half beforehand that is just setup.

All that said, the theatre was completely packed- I'm pretty sure it was a sellout, and not only did everyone love it, everyone was just so happy even before the movie started. I saw Sony E3 in a larger theatre, and the pop for FF7 Remake was about as loud as this theater got for the teaser of a Psyco-Pass movie.

LOLDSFAN

*looks at Fall anime listing* Man, there's NOTHING. Only one that sticks out to me is that new Lupin III series.....& I guess One Punch Man because I'll be told by you guys otherwise.

Also, there's a movie crossover of Cyborg 009 &......Devilman. I'm trying to find the logic behind that & just who was begging for those two franchises to be together.

Owarimonogatari tho.

Line_HTX

Valkyrie Drive will be the best anime fall season

I feel threatened from that avatar to watch Valkyrie Drive.
/s :p

J/K I can't wait for Valkyrie Drive. Shit's going to be so good.

Man, I wonder how insane the numbers will be at the conclusion of the limited run of Resurrection F. It already blew Battle of Gods out of the water. Though I never bothered going because I wanted to hold off on it, plus seeing the blue hair and it being called SSGSS was flat out stupid.

What is this Valkyrie Drive?

The "beautiful girl sexy battle action" anime is set on five artificial islands. Mamori is a "mermaid" transferred to one of those islands. When Mamori is attacked, a newly transferred girl named Mirei saves her. The enemy doesn't stop, however, and the two are soon cornered. Just when they think all hope is lost, Mirei kisses Mamori, and Mamori turns into a sword. Mirei then wields the sword and launches a counterattack against their enemies.

ಠ_ಠ

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's Soul Eater.

....WITH SEXY RESULTS.

Also it's by the same dude that created Senran Kagura so yeah.

Line_HTX

Some of the Senran Kagura short clips on the Funimation youtube channel make go SMH...

Same with Hyperdimension Neptunia...

Sometimes I wonder about the stuff Funimation promotes, lolol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I completely forgot that the One Piece non-canon™ episodes between the next two arcs (i.e the canon one after Water Seven and the next canon one) has movie style jiggle effects.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
"Attack on Titan: Junior High" Anime Character Designs Previewed

Eren Yeager - driven by this dream of expelling the Titan from the world, he's given to breaking school rules. His favorite food is cheeseburgers.

Mikasa Ackerman - Eren's childhood friend, who's only interested in him. Her amazing physical abilities are reduced down to 30% and she oozes a spirit of melancholy when he's not with her.

Armin Arlert - intelligent, but weakened by a susceptibility to cold. Wears around bedding to avoid getting sick.

7ea6507fa2e4868a3301f93ae1b1a3de1438340705_full.png

My hope is that the OP is just the first OP in this style, that would be amazing. That description of Mikasa is sadly too accurate RIP

BRING THIS TO TOONAMI
What the... This is a thing?!

I hope it takes itself as seriously as the original did. Would lead to lots of unintentional humor.

Tamanon

Banned
I wonder if DBZ and the rest of the block got a boost from the Resurrection F film being in theaters and rekindling the love of DBZ.

Oh right, dub preview was released not too long ago. Any list of who's voicing who?

Here's the cast

Austin Tindle as Kiyoshi
Eric Vale as Gakuto
Sonny Strait as Andre
Chris Bevins as Joe
Clifford Chapin as Shingo
Tia Ballard as Mari
Whitney Rodgers as Meiko
Alexis Tipton as Hana
Kristen McGuire as Chiyo
Smokey Delange as Chairman

Whoa, that was Sonny Strait? Is there no limit to this man's range?

Who the hell is Smokey Delange?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*sigh* Well, finally got the courage to submit an application to my Meijer (grocery store) for 3rd shift stocking. Now to see if they actually contact me back. Just hope I'll still be able to balance that & college considering I have to figure out how many more classes I can take while being able to balance the two without one suffering. Still have to finish a few more things on my GameStop application as well to turn that in & hoping the fact the two main employees are very familiar/friendly with me will help out. But in any case, it should intervene with watching Toonami.

In any case/get back on topic after venting, Splatoon review would be kind of cool to see, but seems rather late not, unless they wanted to wait for all the updates & such to be released.

Line_HTX

Looking at that number makes me think they should do sort of a podcast where people call in.

It's a totally good idea, by the way. XD

*sigh* Well, finally got the courage to submit an application to my Meijer (grocery store) for 3rd shift stocking. Now to see if they actually contact me back. Just hope I'll still be able to balance that & college considering I have to figure out how many more classes I can take while being able to balance the two without one suffering. Still have to finish a few more things on my GameStop application as well to turn that in & hoping the fact the two main employees are very familiar/friendly with me will help out. But in any case, it should intervene with watching Toonami.

In any case/get back on topic after venting, Splatoon review would be kind of cool to see, but seems rather late not, unless they wanted to wait for all the updates & such to be released.

Meijer sucks. I have another week left of my employment there. Though I'm a cashier, so maybe it'll be better for you.

If you don't mind the physical work involved over night stocking is probably a lot easier then cashier as you'll probably spend most of the night by yourself just putting things in the right spots on the shelf.

Man, how do you even stay upright for overnight shifts?

You either sleep during the morning or the afternoon depending upon how the rest of your day is planned and how much rest you need. When I used to work 11pm-7am at McDonalds I'd either sleep from 8am - 4pm when I got home or I'd stay up till the afternoon and sleep from 2pm-10pm.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Meijer sucks. I have another week left of my employment there. Though I'm a cashier, so maybe it'll be better for you.
Yeah, I don't really want to be a cashier at a grocery store or fast food place. At least at GS, I would have actual knowledge of what is it I'm selling & I get along with the employees very well.

If you don't mind the physical work involved over night stocking is probably a lot easier then cashier as you'll probably spend most of the night by yourself just putting things in the right spots on the shelf.
Pretty much. My friend said that Meijer is very flexible with college students & obviously won't be many people at night. Plus I'm already used to putting things where they need to go considering I'm pretty much the only one who does house work anymore.

All I know is it can't be as bad as the summer when I worked at a car parts factory & would sometimes have to work 8 hours on an assembly line with NO LUNCH BREAK, only about 2 or 3 10 minute breaks.

Grexeno

You either sleep during the morning or the afternoon depending upon how the rest of your day is planned and how much rest you need. When I used to work 11pm-7am at McDonalds I'd either sleep from 8am - 4pm when I got home or I'd stay up till the afternoon and sleep from 2pm-10pm.
Guess who's going to an open interview day at a nearby Mickey D's?

Thiiiiiissss guy.

Grexeno

Get some experience there and some money, but keep looking for other jobs don't get complacent as it'll eventually start sucking your soul away.
Yeah, this is the entire point. Hope I can get somewhere other than Mickey D's, though. A lot of places around me are hiring because of all the employees going back to school or uni.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This week's goodie is a
J-stars review
Oh sure NOW review the game over a month of its release. Feels kind of late now, though I kept saying it'd make sense considering half the cast is/will on Toonami, so to see it actually happen is cool.

Now they just need to review Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax & One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 & SAO Hollow Fragment & SAO Lost Song & DBZ Extreme Budoten & that upcoming AoT game by Tecmo Koei & whatever the upcoming Naruto game is &......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom