• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So, my computer finally conked out and I need a new one. Any tips for something cheap that can play games? Hopefully something that will get here before Toonami.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What, really? Was it online only?
I'm pretty sure it was in-stores, though I don't know about online. I THINK one day, when I went to the one about 30 minutes away from me all those years ago, I did see a copy (I already had it) & it had a label. This was back when my Best Buy also had a decent amount of anime, though they closed down a few months ago.

To quote Wiki:

Low-budget video game company Tommo, Inc. had exclusive distribution rights to sell Jump Super Stars (and Jump Ultimate Stars) in North America through retailers such as Best Buy and Fry's Electronics. Many small business also received minimal stock of these games. It is possible that since the Jump series could not be localized in North America due to them being a licensing nightmare, Tommo, Inc. took it upon themselves to sell the games to major retailers with a sticker stating that Japanese is the native language. It is possible that Tommo did this through gray marketing.
I've seen people stating they saw copies in-store as well. Though it might've been more the first game than the sequel.

I'm kind of surprised they haven't made a new one for the 3DS, or heck, J-Stars was done to celebrate 45 years. Maybe for the 50th anniversary, we'll get something similar to JUS.

I'm pretty sure it was in-stores, though I don't know about online. I THINK one day, when I went to the one about 30 minutes away from me all those years ago, I did see a copy (I already had it) & it had a label. This was back when my Best Buy also had a decent amount of anime, though they closed down a few months ago.

To quote Wiki:

I've seen people stating they saw copies in-store as well. Though it might've been more the first game than the sequel.

I'm kind of surprised they haven't made a new one for the 3DS, or heck, J-Stars was done to celebrate 45 years. Maybe for the 50th anniversary, we'll get something similar to JUS.

I would have liked to have known that at the time. I probably would have bought it if I found it there.

Part of me is really glad Naruto is over. There have been tons of great series to fill its shoes and then some.

But the anime isn't over, and we could easily see more Boruto either in the form of more gaidens, an actual official sequel series, a naruto gt/super situation, or just shippuden keeps going doing original boruto content

Just read the new Naruto special comic that came out recently. Post-series spoilers:
They really should have made Hiwamari the new main character instead of Boruto.

Nah having her be a supporting chatacter is what made that chapter great, if you make her a main character the joke would get old fast.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Happened Saturday night not long ater One Piece finished airing because Luffy said the name of the show.

UNLIKE THAT ROGER GUY IN THE OPENING.

BBboy20

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015/08/12/english-cast-announcement-sneak-peek-sky-wizards-academy/

Kanata Age: Joel McDonald
Misora Whitale: Tia Ballard
Lecty Eisenach: Megan Shipman
Rico Flamel: Dawn M. Bennett

Felecia Angelle is directing, and Monica Rial is the head scriptwriter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf_VXl03XoM

"well this was a mistake"

yeah you said it main character
...is this another Ghost Stories..?

Also: is that the real reason it's called One Piece besides the mystery treasure?

Levyne

Banned
NxoJyJ7.png

Game Humpers?

Raxus

Game Humpers?

It's when you take your disc and put your *bleep* into the tray and *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* and take the controller and *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* and then player 2 *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* and puts it all the way *bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

Any other questions?

Line_HTX

It's when you take your disc and put your *bleep* into the tray and *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* and take the controller and *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* and then player 2 *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* and puts it all the way *bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

Any other questions?

Lewd humping.

Any other questions?

Will the baby be named Yui?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Any other questions?

So long as you don't insert tab a in slot c without warning

Seda

Nothing we don't already know but Sentai sent out this press release. They seem pretty enthusiastic about having their shows on air.

AKAME GA KILL! BECOMES MOST WATCHED SERIES PREMIERE IN TOONAMI™ HISTORY

HOUSTON, August 13, 2015 – Sentai Filmworks’ series, Akame ga Kill!, earned 1.8+ million viewers for its series premiere during the hugely popular Adult Swim™ Toonami block. TV By The Numbers reported that it ranked second among the Top 100 cable shows among adults 25-54 for the whole day.

I bet some classic Toonami premieres were probably more watched :p

--

Also, since we won't see it, this is the new opening for Naruto Shippuden. Spoilers in comments, etc.

Line_HTX

Sentai is Houston? I'll be damned... I thought it was Funi that was based here, or was it near Dallas?

Nice for Akame to earn that position of most watched Toonami premiere.

LOL JP DMX. Kind of like that idolm@ster x DMX mashup.

Seda

This Labor Day weekend, Toonami goes on the lam with a Michiko & Hatchin Marathon. That’s seven episodes back-to-back Saturday, September 5th, from Midnight to 3:30. Tell your friends. Tell everyone. Schedule below.

12:00am - Michiko & Hatchin 4
12:30am - Michiko & Hatchin 5
01:00am - Michiko & Hatchin 6
01:30am - Michiko & Hatchin 7
02:00am - Michiko & Hatchin 8
02:30am - Michiko & Hatchin 9
03:00am - Michiko & Hatchin 10

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/126611942628/this-labor-day-weekend-toonami-goes-on-the-lam

hooray

Nothing we don't already know but Sentai sent out this press release. They seem pretty enthusiastic about having their shows on air.

--

Also, since we won't see it, this is the new opening for Naruto Shippuden. Spoilers in comments, etc.

I wonder if Tokyo Ghoul would be able to beat that record considering its popularity.

And I'm not talking about that abomination called Root A, but just the first season.

Line_HTX

Mmmm, I think I'll be having an awesome dinner at a Brazilian steakhouse just for that marathon. [Foodgasm]

I wonder if Tokyo Ghoul would be able to beat that record considering its popularity.

And I'm not talking about that abomination called Root A, but just the first season.

I thought Parasyte was next? I didn't know Tokyo Goul was popular.

Seda

Sword Art Online II: September 26th
Attack On Titan: September 26th
Michiko & Hatchin: November 28th
Akame ga Kill!: January 23rd, 2016
Dragon Ball Z Kai: October 27th, 2016 (not including Buu Arc), December 30th, 2017 (including Buu Arc)
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Also, assuming it's not pushed back anymore (which it shouldn't be), Parasyte will replace Sword Art Online II on October 3rd and run through March 12th if there are no interruptions. Movies this year seem unlikely but who knows what Toonami will do around some of those holiday weekends.

Also curious about what they'll do for the daylight saving extra hour (last year they aired Dragon Ball Z: Cooler's Revenge, again).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Eeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh. I don't know if I really have the urge to go back & rewatch some M&H episodes. Guess it depends on how well the episodes are for the rest of the month.

--

Like the visuals until they recycle the second half of blue bird's second version. The song sucks though and doesn't time well with the hidan/kakazu animation.

I hope the success of Akame ga Kill means Log Horizon is more likely.

Akame Ga Kill doing well probably means we'll see more shows of its kind regardless of who dubbed/licensed it. Regardless of if AgK bombed or was a major success it probably wouldn't impact AS going forward in terms of licensing anime from them.

The first Shippuden OP is probably the best Naruto OP and it's had some good OPs.

And Japanese DMX is in it at 51 seconds. That's totally who that is.

Yeah shippuden's first op gets me hyped, then the episode starts and its like ... Oohhh...

Residentsleeper.jpg

At least an sao marathon would have been entertainingly bad, who asked to rewatch m&h?

Mmmm, I think I'll be having an awesome dinner at a Brazilian steakhouse just for that marathon. [Foodgasm]

I thought Parasyte was next? I didn't know Tokyo Goul was popular.
I would not be surprised if Tokyo Ghoul is M&H's replacement

Line_HTX

Ugh... no more Cooler's Revenge please.

Man, I miss the time when there were random movies like the Read or Die 3-in-1 or Metropolis.

I think there's a high probability that the next two acquisitions will be Tokyo Ghoul and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure in some order.

Yeah the only thing that might screw JoJo is if WB has some bizarre dub exclusive deal with Amazon which at worst would mean we'd get to watch it for free* (with our prime membership). The only other show that I feel is almost a definite thing is Ushio & Tora I think if Sentai sends DeMarco and co the tapes they'll watch just the OP and go "hell yes".

I'd also like to point out that had the block not got it's massive reduction Akame Ga Kill would have most likely been the 11:30PM show replacing Kill La Kill. Had that happened we might have lived in a world where AgK might have also broken 2 million and been the highest rated show in the history of newnami. Just some food for thought.

Beerus is probably my favorite DBZ villain tbh

It's hard to put him over Cell but I think I can, sorry Wakamoto

Is Beerus really even a villain? He serves as the antagonist in Battle of Gods but he's not really a bad guy. Nothing he does is particularly evil he's just doing the thing he's meant to as the god of destruction. He and Whis are easily the best things to come out of DB in forever and are in my top 5 favorite DB/Z characters.

Grexeno

Yeah the only thing that might screw JoJo is if WB has some bizarre dub exclusive deal with Amazon which at worst would mean we'd get to watch it for free* (with our prime membership).
Other problems may include:

-No relationship with WB directly
-WB didn't get TV rights (may be incredibly expensive depending on how the music references were handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom