• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't decide if Jojo's 90s-esque dub helps or hinders the presentation. Maybe if a few actors didn't clearly outperform the others it could've gone for that 90s cheese.

Line_HTX

Maybe Toonami should air Terraformars! DOH-HOHOHOHO!

I have to confess, despite the obvious racism and the stupidest, most predictable reveal of who's the actual villain,
"China doing anything to win no matter the consequences"
, I am "excited" for the 2nd season. I kind of want to see more from the characters that survived. The OST during action scenes is pretty lol.

Also, Michelle K. Davis is love. O/////O

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I can't decide if Jojo's 90s-esque dub helps or hinders the presentation. Maybe if a few actors didn't clearly outperform the others it could've gone for that 90s cheese.

To be fair, this happened a ton in late 90's dubs. Like anything Crispin Freeman or Steve Blum appeared in the early days.

Doesn't Steve Blum play
Kars
in Battle Tendency?
WUT?

If this is true, then

g3xE1wh.gif

Line_HTX

I don't think I've ever seen GXP before.

LOL Rufus... At least I know what that one sounds like with the fake Russian accent.

Jesus... that clip in English... I'm dying...

Line_HTX

It's okay. At least the
terribly named characters died so they're out of the way.
The ones that are left are better characters anyways.

I'm glad I waited until I could binge the whole show without having to deal with the annoying black spots that were clearly placed on the screen in the broadcast version.

Seda

i dont know much about jojo but i'm not sure how else youre supposed to voice act when imitating strumming a guitar

Crocodile

A) I like how they don't even have DBZ to start off the night for the M&H marathon LOL

B) Jojo dub Kars clip sounds fine. Y'all hatin'

C) Fuck Terraformers

NxoJyJ7.png

Game Humpers?

Game Grumps: Toonami edition?

The movies need less of this weak-ass comedy shit with the cat thing, bro. DBZ isn't supposed to be a comedy. Frieza sucks, too.

Broly is where it's at.

#BringBackBroly

Sarcasm?

Yeah the only thing that might screw JoJo is if WB has some bizarre dub exclusive deal with Amazon which at worst would mean we'd get to watch it for free* (with our prime membership). The only other show that I feel is almost a definite thing is Ushio & Tora I think if Sentai sends DeMarco and co the tapes they'll watch just the OP and go "hell yes".

Yeah the OP is a good selling point. So far that show feels a lot like Inuyasha but much better.

I'd also like to point out that had the block not got it's massive reduction Akame Ga Kill would have most likely been the 11:30PM show replacing Kill La Kill. Had that happened we might have lived in a world where AgK might have also broken 2 million and been the highest rated show in the history of newnami. Just some food for thought.

I don't think AgK would have done as good a job retaining the Family Guy audience as DBZ so even with the earlier time I don't think the ratings would be as good. Holy fuck at 2.25 million people watching decade old Family Guy episodes though.

Grexeno

I don't think AgK would have done as good a job retaining the Family Guy audience as DBZ so even with the earlier time I don't think the ratings would be as good. Holy fuck at 2.25 million people watching decade old Family Guy episodes though.
I think Family Guy is just something people put on as background noise out of habit.

I fucking hate Broly and think he's like a parody of what people believe DBZ is, only he's played completely straight.

I always thought that the Gohan should've been the protagonist of the first Broly movie. Like the climax is Goku gets the shit kicked out of him and is about to die, Gohan freaks his shit and goes SSJ2 and then murderizes Broly
Shut the fuck up about powerlevels
. The theme would've been fatherhood or some shit, comparing how Paragus fears and wants to limit and control Broly's unprecedented power while Goku wants to cultivate and train Gohan so that Gohan could control his unprecedented power.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I always thought that the Gohan should've been the protagonist of the first Broly movie. Like the climax is Goku gets the shit kicked out of him and is about to die, Gohan freaks his shit and goes SSJ2 and then murderizes Broly
Shut the fuck up about powerlevels
. The theme would've been fatherhood or some shit, comparing how Paragus fears and wants to limit and control Broly's unprecedented power while Goku wants to cultivate and train Gohan so that Gohan could control his unprecedented power.

See that would have been decent, but that takes planning.

Grexeno

I'm not entirely sure some 10-year old didn't send Toriyama a fan letter with his fan character, Broly, inside, and Toriyama was like "Yeah let's do this."

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I don't know how true this is, but apparently the creator of Broly was really upset with Beerus and the Super Saiyan God concept.
Probably because his Fan OC isn't considered canon, whereas Beerus and SSG are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom