• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
But Shirobako said it cost...............................actually, for a show that was all about the hardships of making anime, they never went over money & funding & all that.

Crocodile

I fucking hate Broly and think he's like a parody of what people believe DBZ is, only he's played completely straight.

Ok Good.

How much does producing an anime cost, you say?

Well....

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...hare-how-much-producing-a-season-costs/.91536

A shit ton of money.

It probably a good thing that Shirobako (seriously everybody go watch it, its almost certainly better than whatever show you're watching right now) has been having outrageously good disk sales. But yeah, just like videogames these sorts of things cost a shit-ton of money and this is with most animators in Japan being underpaid and put under shitty schedules.

Crocodile

I love Ushio and Tora but it is

2423269999_hes20right20you20know_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

It's really tough and risky for original anime because even with good disc sales, there's only one sure-fire way to make back the money that went into making it.....

mel-brooks-revealed-the-secret-to-the-hunger-games-money-making-power-back-in-1987.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's really tough and risky for original anime because even with good disc sales, there's only one sure-fire way to make back the money that went into making it.....

mel-brooks-revealed-the-secret-to-the-hunger-games-money-making-power-back-in-1987.jpg

One Piece the T-Shirt! One Piece the coloring book! One Piece the lunch box! One Piece the breakfast cereal! One Piece the flamethrowaaa! Kids love that one.

Raxus

That toilet paper... Talk about shitting on One Piece...

It gets you SUUUUUPER clean!

As far as Ushio and Tora, can we just let it complete 13 episodes at least before we go comparing it to anything. I am enjoying it immensely and that is all that matters. I don't care for the x is better than x dick waving. Let the series do its thing before we analyze it in detail.

Sorry, just a rant I wanted to get off my chest.

Rakkety Tam

Neo Member
I actually thought the expenses to create, market, and show an anime would be more. I mean 2-4 million dollars is a lot, sure, but considering how many man-hours are put in it doesn't seem like that much to me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Something something Evangelion razor ad.

Edit: Well, with some help from my friend, I applied to work 3rd shift cleaning at the movie theater. It sounds like I might miss Toonami every once in a while, but I guess I gotta accept that the work experience & especially the money is more important, despite this is pretty much the one thing I look forward to each week. I can still record it, but everyone's reactions here is what really makes it more enjoyable.

Line_HTX

Man, why the fuck does Sentai have Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic, Dungeon, Food Wars, Shirobako, Cross Ange, SNAFU, and GATE? They would be in better hands under AniplexUSA or Funimation...

=/

Man, why the fuck does Sentai have Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic, Dungeon, Food Wars, Shirobako, Cross Ange, SNAFU, and GATE? They would be in better hands under AniplexUSA or Funimation...

=/

Dub wise maybe, but in terms of home video release Sentai is generally fairly priced for their DVD/Blu Rays I'd rather they just get better at dubbing which hopefully will come with their dubs being higher profile thanks to Toonami as we know Aniplex's prices aren't going anywhere.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How IS Sentai's DVD/BD prices compared to Funimation? Around the same area? A bit cheaper due to not being as big-name titles compared to what Funimation gets?

Crocodile

Considering a lot of those shows are/were available for viewing on streaming services like Crunchyroll and what not, I consider a good/great dub to be a very important selling point for actually picking up disks to own. The cheap prices are appreciated, especially compared to the grand larceny that is Aniplex (though I understand their rationale), but I dunno if getting shit dubs is worth the trade-off. Not to say all Sentai dubs are shit of course but they "miss" way more often than other studios it feels like.

Grexeno

Tonight on One Piece, it's that episode.

I know we're in a series of episodes that can qualify as that episode, but this episode in particular has all the qualities of being that episode.

It's dead, Jim. Just like Samurai Jack.

*cries grossly*

Luffy: Is it a microphone?

*prepares to sing the idiot song from Skypiea*

Tonight on One Piece, it's that episode.

I know we're in a series of episodes that can qualify as that episode, but this episode in particular has all the qualities of being that episode.

Check your calendar.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So yeah, We Are is pretty Godtier.

Yes it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dixQJgala3E

Bonus Straw Hat version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P6nP0JkoOc

Warning - There be spoilers of future team mates and events in the above video clips. But really, if you're THAT far behind on One Piece, you're doing it wrong ;_;

Also Warning: You can not handle the awesomeness of Kazuya Nakai's singing voice

Edit: Here's a straw hat version without any video. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1qu4b_we-are-straw-hat-pirates-version_music

Get hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom