• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I feel like I'm enjoying M&H way more than most people haha.

I fucking love it. Especially the two things that most people who've voiced their opinions about it don't like. Michiko and how the story tends to jump around a bit.

You'll notice I really don't post a lot when watching it...because I'm too busy watching it!

Tenumi

Banned

I feel like I am, too, to be honest. Possibly because we're at episode 8 of 22, so I'm not expecting everyone to be getting along just fine. I haven't been bugged at all by the M&H fights... for better or worse.

Line_HTX

I fucking love it. Especially the two things that most people who've voiced their opinions about it don't like. Michiko and how the story tends to jump around a bit.

You'll notice I really don't post a lot when watching it...because I'm too busy watching it!

Bah God.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

It's a good show, but Michiko is on my last nerve right now.

I did enjoy the last episode a lot. That's more of the kind of silliness I signed up for.

I'm pretty hard on the show, but it does so much right I really want to like it. What others have said about Michiko is accurate she hurts the show and my enjoyment most of the time.

They're watching it because it's between Akame ga Kill! and SAO

Wouldn't SAO do better numbers not worse numbers then M&H then? We've seen the AS/Toonami audience is willing to change the channel for 30 minutes and come back many times.

Yep, you could put almost anything there and it would pull a million. Gotta love that fake-edge.

Bring Tenchi GXP back to Toonami Kappa

I feel like it won't break a million once Parasyte replaces SAO

Parasyte was really popular when it aired in Japan and I think there is a chance the darker body horror action show would be a big hit with the AS crowd.

Zubz

Banned
Ratings doing good. M&H still boggles my mind though that it keeps hitting a million each week. I don't know what people see in it.

I've only seen that one episode, but at the very least, I think it looks crazy stylish. The plot I saw wasn't too bad, either. Again, I'm judging it off of my tastes towards one episode, but I'll at least go back to see more.

I imagine if Toonami were to have any kind of special announcement at the end of Intruder 2 it would be for whatever is replacing M&H... Or that they're going to air DBZ BoG during the holidays.

Grexeno

Toonami will announce they are co-funding the bleach blood war anime and we are getting a simuldub. I think I would pass out from excitement.
Would not be the craziest thing to happen. I imagine Adult Swim actually wouldn't mind co-funding an adaptation of the final Bleach arc, considering how much of a pillar the show was on the network.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Toonami will announce they are co-funding the bleach blood war anime and we are getting a simuldub. I think I would pass out from excitement.

They had better wait until Kubo finishes up or we're going to be looking at years and years of filler for no reason. God's honest truth though, if they pace it properly, like 7-10 chapters to an episode in most cases, then bring it on. I just can't sit through 1 to 1 pacing for that show.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What kind of idiot taste maker doesn't like Cowboy Bebop enough to get angry about though? You'd have to be a deep anime hipster to hold that viewpoint.

You know, I'll be honest, with Parasyte locked in, and I imagine we'll see Tokyo Ghoul eventually, I would rather have Garo the Animation over either of them.

(Which for all I know, could be impossible. It might not have done well streaming wise to get a dub.)

Honoo_no_Kokuin.jpg

This show was a lot of fun. That green haired girl in the background, btw?

She's awesome, and probably the most badass female anime characters in years.

Moaradin

Garo is one of the more underrated anime of recent times. It starts pretty slow, but it gets better and better as it goes on. It also has one of the best animated sword fights I've seen in a long time.

This applies to pretty much every form of media?

You know, I'll be honest, with Parasyte locked in, and I imagine we'll see Tokyo Ghoul eventually, I would rather have Garo the Animation over either of them.

(Which for all I know, could be impossible. It might not have done well streaming wise to get a dub.)

Honoo_no_Kokuin.jpg

This show was a lot of fun. That green haired girl in the background, btw?

She's awesome, and probably the most badass female characters in years.

Garo looked super cool, regret watching Shingeki no Bahamut over it.

Moaradin

Garo looked super cool, regret watching Shingeki no Bahamut over it.

Bahamut started off a lot better. It had more interesting characters still, and it was a lot of fun at times, but the plot got in the way towards the end. Hopefully season 2 is just adventures with Favaro. I still ended up liking it a lot though, regardless of the angel/demon stuff.

Grexeno

Bahamut started off a lot better. It had more interesting characters still, and it was a lot of fun at times, but the plot got in the way towards the end. Hopefully season 2 is just adventures with Favaro. I still ended up liking it a lot though, regardless of the angel/demon stuff.
There's a season 2?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually wonder what will replace Michiko/Parasyte/AGK, though what I'm most interested in is whether or not King of the Hill takes over for AoT.

Yeah I liked the Pirates of the Caribbean stuff better then the JRPG plot.

There's a season 2?

I think it was announced a while ago?

Correct there will be a S2

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Someone mention Garo?
Maybe Funimation can try getting the live-action version as well. No dubs since live-action dubbing is hard to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom