• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAO isn't the worse anime I've ever seen. Believe me, I've seen shit that makes SAO look like Cowboy Bebop in comparison. But just because there are worse anime out there doesn't excuse SAO from being disappointing. To me, animation and music alone matter little if the characters are simply unlikable and the story is just plain meh.The fact that it does have some decent ideas and fail to implement them well is a major reason why SAO fails to wow me.

I'm not saying that there's worse stuff out there so SAO should get a pass, that would be foolish. All I am trying to convey is that I don't think it is nearly as bad as some on the internet make it out to be. Does hyperbole play a role? Sure, I guess that's just going to come with the territory. But there are plenty out there who legitimately despise the show and think that it has absolutely zero redeeming qualities. I view the series as the work of a writer who turns their rough draft as the final essay without making corrections. There's potential but a lack of cohesion and simple errors keep it from getting anything other than a C which is the bare minimum to pass.

Mizerman

I'm not saying that there's worse stuff out there so SAO should get a pass, that would be foolish. All I am trying to convey is that I don't think it is nearly as bad as some on the internet make it out to be. Does hyperbole play a role? Sure, I guess that's just going to come with the territory. But there are plenty out there who legitimately despise the show and think that it has absolutely zero redeeming qualities. I view the series as the work of a writer who turns their rough draft as the final essay without making corrections. There's potential but a lack of cohesion and simple errors keep it from getting anything other than a C which is the bare minimum to pass.

Well yeah, there are those who tend to exaggerate heavily about how SAO is the worst anime in the world. To borrow your last sentence, it's very popular but relies on being a "C" when it could've easily been an "B" or even "A". It does the bare minimum and is rewarded instead of saying "you know, this might need to be tweaked a bit to make it work better." It certainly doesn't help when it's trying so hard come off as deep and compelling when I all could do is roll my eyes from the melodrama and the lack of likable characters. I guess what I'm trying to type is that while the premise was kinda decent, everything after that became a mess.

They need to put World Trigger on instead of One Piece, its such a fun and great little series with charming characters all over the place. Everyone is well crafted,realistic, deep and full of heart. Also even secondary characters look really great. I have like ten+ excellent character designs on my list for it (satori, izumi, shun midorikawa, yoneyan, hyuse, kazama, miwa, kuga, all at the top)

Dub is perfect. Definitely how I imagined Yuma and Mikumi.

They need to put World Trigger on instead of One Piece, its such a fun and great little series with charming characters all over the place. Everyone is well crafted,realistic, deep and full of heart. Also even secondary characters look really great. I have like ten+ excellent character designs on my list for it (satori, izumi, shun midorikawa, yoneyan, hyuse, kazama, miwa, kuga, all at the top)

This will not be a popular opinion

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Getting rid of One Piece is a wonderful idea. Maybe they can slot in one of the shows from the Chiller Anime block instead.

Line_HTX

Getting rid of One Piece is a wonderful idea. Maybe they can slot in one of the shows from the Chiller Anime block instead.

Nice alternative, but it has to be something longer than 26 episodes and can get out of dead fucking last in the ratings consistently.

:p

It's DTL. Ignore his "opinions" no matter how rage-inducing they are.

It's not that rage-inducing... I don't think...

College x.x
What do

Best advice I can give, consider college classes an 8 hour job. If you don't have class do homework/projects. If you don't have homework/projects study. Its easy to want to procrastinate and skip when you have freedom of college but you gotta keep yourself working or else you'll end up with lots of debt and no degree working a shit job. Note getting a degree does not garuntee job but its better to have one then not have one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I never realized just how exhausted I could get cleaning a movie theater (3DS said I took over 11,000 steps), especially when it can take about 7 hours to clean about just 5 of them. Body needs to hurry up & get used to it, especially when it comes to sleeping during the day.

Also gonna have to plan to stay up after Toonami finishes this week (like, until 7 a.m.) to get adjusted to staying up all night & to sleep during the day.

I think he said Bulat was overrated. Why is that?

Why like Bulat when Lubba and Tatsumi is a much better one, Lubba is his best bro.
CM39LL7WoAA0Oj-.png

Line_HTX

College x.x
What do

It's ok to be nervous.

Do NOT make poor choices that'll come back to kick your ass.
Have fun, go talk to people, step out of your comfort zone, try new things, experiment with stuff, and most importantly...

GO TO YOUR CLASSES! You paid for it, and it'll do you very well more often than not to show up to class. You'll find that you'll keep up with everyone else if you just show up everyday.

Why like Bulat when Lubba and Tatsumi is a much better one, Lubba is his best bro.

Ahh, I see.

College x.x
What do
Call your parents and ask to come home

Or

Try to make friends by joining a club/talking with the people on your floor. Go to class because you're paying a lot of money to be there. Get drunk occasionally and make some good memories. Go to an athletic event for the major sports at least once. Enjoy the ridiculous amount of unsupervised free time you'll have. Make out with girls or whatever your preference is.

People aren't joking when they say college is the best time of your life, it makes high school look like a cruel, awkward joke by comparison.

College x.x
What do

Find an anime club and then some resume boosting club to join, it is in ones best interest to have some clubs and volunteer work on their resume before their final year starts.

Also dining hall is the best place to do homework, I would spend 8+ hours there for two meals and snacks to get through pretty time consuming mathermatics and statistics every year.

LOLDSFAN

jpr22q7.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
is something happening to one piece? saw the thread title change/people talking about a replacement

No, DeMarco has said a few times that he's good with how it's doing and that he personally like it very much.

On another note: if the entire lineup got moved up half an hour I bet money that it would be doing a little better and we'd never have this conversation again.

Grexeno

No, DeMarco has said a few times that he's good with how it's doing and that he personally like it very much.

On another note: if the entire lineup got moved up half an hour I bet money that it would be doing a little better and we'd never have this conversation again.
We're never knocking Family Guy out of that spot ever again barring them airing Attack on Titan Season 2 before Japan or something.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
We're never knocking Family Guy out of that spot ever again barring them airing Attack on Titan Season 2 before Japan or something.

I know, just making a point that it's pretty late at night so expecting to draw 1m or even close to it is madness.

Seda

don't underestimate that One Piece's (and to a somewhat lesser extent, Naruto) huge episode count must be a huge plus in the eyes of scheduling and acquisitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom