• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't underestimate that One Piece's (and to a somewhat lesser extent, Naruto) huge episode count must be a huge plus in the eyes of scheduling and acquisitions.

Yeah, if the ratings are "good enough" for those two shows they might as well leave them where there at as back end anchors

Grexeno

I've often wondered why Shippuden seems to be slipping farther and farther down the block, but it seems Naruto just can't command the audience it once did, whereas Dragonball Z is literally Teflon.

I've often wondered why Shippuden seems to be slipping farther and farther down the block, but it seems Naruto just can't command the audience it once did, whereas Dragonball Z is literally Teflon.

Things will turn around once that US live action movie comes out, just like with Dragonball Evolution.

Most people that still care about Naruto Shippuden have already seen it by now. It'll still grab an audience, but probably not as much as a newer show with a new dub would.

In all seriousness, I expect that a Naruto Kai (including Shippuden material) would do better than Shippuden is doing now. Granted, I'd prefer a reanimated version that changes several things, but that wouldn't happen.

So Interviewed for a job today (Six Flags) and
I GOT IT! :D First job so I'm a little nervous.
Any tips?

Always show up on time for your shift (even if you have to show up a little early). Wear comfortable shoes and don't be scared to ask your employer any questions about your job that you're unsure about.

Congrats and good luck dude.

Seda

Naruto heyday has passed, Dragon Ball is kinda timeless (and undergoing a revival), it's sensible to place the new hotness (Kill la Kill, SAO, Akame ga Kill (kinda?)) in front of Shippuden.

edit: Absolution - general advice would be to have good communication with your bosses and coworkers.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yes, for the love of god, wear shoes that're made to be walked in for long hours. I bought new sneakers specifically to wear for my job when I got hired a few days ago to clean the movie theater during 3rd shift. Just last night (from midnight to 7 a.m.), my 3DS said I walked over 11,000 steps, which was due to constantly going back up & down the stairs sweeping then mopping the seat rows & such.

& don't be afraid to ask questions, even for the smallest thing. That's what you're suppose to do when you're being trained.

Also have to say, Harvey Birdman seems to be a decent show, though we all decided to stop watching Sealab 2021 during our break.

Wear comfortable shoes?

Congrats dude :)

Always show up on time for your shift (even if you have to show up a little early). Wear comfortable shoes and don't be scared to ask your employer any questions about your job that you're unsure about.

Congrats and good luck dude.

edit: Absolution - general advice would be to have good communication with your bosses and coworkers.

Yes, for the love of god, wear shoes that're made to be walked in for long hours. I bought new sneakers specifically to wear for my job when I got hired a few days ago to clean the movie theater during 3rd shift. Just last night (from midnight to 7 a.m.), my 3DS said I walked over 11,000 steps, which was due to constantly going back up & down the stairs sweeping then mopping the seat rows & such.

& don't be afraid to ask questions, even for the smallest thing. That's what you're suppose to do when you're being trained.

Thanks guys. :D
Will get some gel insoles for my tennis shoes.

Also have to say, Harvey Birdman seems to be a decent show, though we all decided to stop watching Sealab 2021 during our break.
Harvey Birdman is an amazing show. It's highly underrated as an Adult Swim show.

Congrats Absolution, remember comfy shoes, sun screen, and water. You'll want to stay hydraded and avoid burns or else you'll truly hate going to work even if you enjoy what you do.

Also I think unlike DBZ the series of Naruto Shippuden and One Piece require a greater commitment to get into due to how many characters are running around and how much the series assumes the audience has been there from the start.

Any tips?

Learn how to dance like this

giphy.gif

Shippuden sucks, that's why the audience has shrunk. If they put OG Naruto back up I'd bet it would do
slightly
better numbers. I was so excited to see Shippuden when it first came to toonami but then the pacing killed any interest I had so I haven't tuned in for about 2 or 3 months.

Grexeno

I would like to think people don't watch Shippuden because the pacing sucks most of the time, but I doubt quality is actually much of a reason.

Moaradin

Shippuden is in the best arc in the entire series right now. If it's not doing great rating now, I doubt it would ever do that much better.

Shippuden is in the best arc in the entire series right now. If it's not doing great rating now, I doubt it would ever do that much better.

The sad thing is this is the best arc and it still hasn't been very good. Way better then the residentsleeper.jpg before it but still hasn't reached the heights of the good pre time skip arcs.

ckohler

The sad thing is this is the best arc and it still hasn't been very good. Way better then the residentsleeper.jpg before it but still hasn't reached the heights of the good pre time skip arcs.

I can tell there has been some improvement, but yeah, it's not been great yet. Unlike One Piece which felt lackluster when it started airing and has won me over with its heart and charm.

Jarate

Banned
What's up guys, I'm back somewhat, a lot has fucking changed since I was last here, just a run down

My dad got laid off so I can't go to college for free anymore

Moved back to philly area and got a job as a customer service rep for 14/hour

Have only watched 1 toonami since I got banned cause I can't yell at how bad SAO is with you guys

Hoping to get an apartment soon

Seda, I need to send you a PM regarding my ban message

Bigkrev, we need to chill since I'm in south jersey now

Man God, quit changing your damn avatar

Anime - GAF and all new comers, welcome to the show bros

Jarate

Banned
I can tell there has been some improvement, but yeah, it's not been great yet. Unlike One Piece which felt lackluster when it started airing and has won me over with its heart and charm.
Tbh thedavy back fight is probably the worst arc in the series so far and the least impactful. It only stands well because of the crew interaction which has no merits because you just got introduced

bigkrev

Any tips?

Comfortable shoes if your going to be on your feat all day (hell, I have a desk job and wear dress shoes with a sneaker bottom), and most importantly, give a shit about what you are doing, especially in the beginning, no matter how boring/menial/depressing your work is. If you don't, it's going to be torture.

What's up guys, I'm back somewhat, a lot has fucking changed since I was last here, just a run down

Moved back to philly area and got a job as a customer service rep for 14/hour
Bigkrev, we need to chill since I'm in south jersey now

Yes, we should

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*tries to find radio app for smartphone, can't fine one due to being internet required, as there's no internet at the theater, or phone not allowing for FM radio access*

Guess it's time to look for some new music......&/or podcasts. Didn't someone mention one about Toonami at one point?

*tries to find radio app for smartphone, can't fine one due to being internet required, as there's no internet at the theater, or phone not allowing for FM radio access*

Guess it's time to look for some new music......&/or podcasts. Didn't someone mention one about Toonami at one point?
I could recommend you some but first I need to know what you're interested in.

Also, PocketCasts is an amazing app for podcasts.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I guess really, anything related to my hobbies (gaming, anime, etc.). Something to listen to as I'm starting to get used to cleaning stuff at the movie theater that I feel comfortable listening to music or something while doing my work (well, maybe not with headphones, but playing while my phone is in my pocket). I'm getting close to finishing my training, meaning I won't be able to talk to my friend as much because we're usually on our own cleaning different areas of the theater.

Toonami at the bar? Shit, that sounds awesome.

Next time i get drunk on a Saturday night I'm gonna go up to the bartender and demand they change the channel to CN so I can watch some Japanese cartoons with subtitles captions on while i drink a PBR in the corner.

I guess really, anything related to my hobbies (gaming, anime, etc.). Something to listen to as I'm starting to get used to cleaning stuff at the movie theater that I feel comfortable listening to music or something while doing my work (well, maybe not with headphones, but playing while my phone is in my pocket). I'm getting close to finishing my training, meaning I won't be able to talk to my friend as much because we're usually on our own cleaning different areas of the theater.

I listen to ScrewAttack's Sidescrollers and Available Now while mowing the lawn. Sometimes I'll peep IGNs Nintendo Voice Chat as well if that's your thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom