• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jarate left before?

I didn't even notice.
GliYqoE.png

I watched G Gundam earlier this year, it still holds up. Very good show.
Got a feeling if I watched Wing now I would probably hate it, I've even grown less and less fond of Zeta and ZZ over the years.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wu Fei does suck and his suit is a nerfed version of the Dragon Gundam. Wu Fei sucking is part of his charm though as he does tend to get owned pretty often.

Getter Robo Armageddon

I actually don't know if the GR is good. I've read some of the manga, that's about the extent of my knowledge outside of it being pretty influential on later Super Robot shows, mainly TTGL

Don't get too excited -

It's actually Domon. He's the master of Try's MC. And you only see silhouettes of him in the series and OP until the last episode. It isn't like he's a reference like some are to Char/Four and the like it's just Domon, like how the character Ral is just Ramba Ral. Ral has the same design and VA but he's not doing the same things he did in 0079, it's sillier

Anyone here watch Gundam Unicorn?

I finished it about a week ago, save for one really boring episode where the plot stalls out, and the main character gets too whiny (episode 4), I enjoyed it.

It's weird, but I forgot something about the Gundam universe, until I watched Unicorn.

Sometimes magic just happens in the Gundam universe.

This character...

somehow just brings the main character to the end of time in an effort to break his spirit.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
FMA was the exception, not the rule.

Most of the other series that got two anime in a similar fashion were also pretty damn good. Sailor Moon and HxH being easy examples, though neither of them had two decent shows come out of it. Negima got the same deal and both anime's sucked, though I wouldn't put the manga on the level of the other series that have been mentioned.

FMA was the exception, not the rule.

Most of the other series that got two anime in a similar fashion were also pretty damn good. Sailor Moon and HxH being easy examples, though neither of them had two decent shows come out of it. Negima got the same deal and both anime's sucked, though I wouldn't put the manga on the level of the other series that have been mentioned.

We are slowly starting to see more older series either getting reanimated or animated for the first time though. When someone is digging up series like Parasyte and Ushio & Tora and giving them modern adaptations that adapt all the major story points despite not being relevant or ever that popular is a sign to that.

Seda

I've been busy with PhD proposal stuff this week and all I know is that several bans were made in the USGamer and Brianna Wu thread. Puruzi's ban is temporary.

But please don't bring it up any further in this thread. I don't mean that as a warning, just that this is big enough already and I kinda already got pullled into something I didn't really have much to do with and off topic metacommentary is discouraged anyway.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Reaching back into the past for anime is something that happens a fair bit actually. It's not a completely foreign idea or anything.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You can catch Wall Cena standing tall each week at 3:00am Sunday morning for the low, low price of free. Only TOONAMI.

Moaradin

I really don't get all the hate Try gets. It's not really bad. Pretty enjoyable actually. It's not as good as the first season, but it hardly does anything that warrants hate.

Plus I was watching G Reco at the time. If you want some bad Gundam, there it is.

I really don't get all the hate Try gets. It's not really bad. Pretty enjoyable actually. It's not as good as the first season, but it hardly does anything that warrants hate.

Nobody had any expectations going into s1 and it blew people away

People got hyped for s2 and it lead to crushing disappointment

Obviously this doesn't cover every opinion, but that seems to be the general response I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom