• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

The Doof Warrior's guitar was the best part of the movie. And the whole vehicle was real and the flamethrower was real and plugged in to shred.

o /

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wtf is this

You seriously never heard that theory or any other variant of the
"Crocodile was originally a woman"
theory? It's a pretty common/popular one and not really all that out of left field given the context of where that theory comes from.

Which, of course, is close to 150 episodes away from where Toonami is right now. :D

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You seriously never heard that theory or any other variant of the
"Crocodile was originally a woman"
theory? It's a pretty common/popular one and not really all that out of left field given the context of where that theory comes from.

Which, of course, is close to 150 episodes away from where Toonami is right now. :D

Which is like 3 years, give or take a month or two.

Seda

I remember thinking they'd dump the bodies as distracting bait for the chasing titans, but they actually argue it's that lost weight that allows them to escape.

--

I'm out.

Michiko and Hatchin marathon next week. I might actually watch to better frame the narrative background so far although I think I have a pretty good handle on it.

Shenanigans will ensue, I presume.
screen-shot-2015-07-31-at-6.49.39-pm.png.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, back to childhood Eren & co.

Papenbrook, as decent of an actor that he is, doesn't do kid voices very well.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 37 - A Nightmare Transformation! Frieza's Power Level: One Million!?
12:00 - Michiko e Hatchin - 4 - Stray Cat Milky Way
12:30 - Michiko e Hatchin - 5 - The Saudade of Fools, Part 1
1:00 - Michiko e Hatchin - 6 - The Saudade of Fools, Part 2
1:30 - Michiko e Hatchin - 7 - The Rain that Falls in Monotone
2:00 - Michiko e Hatchin - 8 - Black Noise and a Dope Game
2:30 - Michiko e Hatchin - 9 - The Chocolate Girl in Love
3:00 - Michiko e Hatchin - 10 - The Carnival of Hyenas

Later.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, it's kind of hard to rewatch AoT because I really don't have much to say, especially watching it a second time.

Line_HTX

AgK was silly fun and hilariously bad, Michiko was NEVER boring, and SAO II had a big smile with a secret.

I'll get a better picture with next week's Michiko marathon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmm, I just realized that Halloween will be on Saturday this year. Wonder if we'll get another marathon that night.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hallonami

A marathon of....I don't know, the "spookiest" thing they've got for Halloween night.

......................Akame ga Kill maybe? *shrugs* Hellsing would've worked but not with the hour format....

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hallonami

A marathon of....I don't know, the "spookiest" thing they've got for Halloween night.

......................Akame ga Kill maybe? *shrugs* Hellsing would've worked but not with the hour format....

Black Lagoon vampire twins arc.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Goood morning everyone.
Quite the interesting night.

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
I hope you like seeing a 5 year old get the shit beaten out of him!
This episode also shows why Krillin is mocked. He has a powerful as hell attack, and never uses it at the right time. He blinds Freeza, and instead of cutting him in half, he just runs to Vegeta. C'mon son!
At least Piccolo is here now. ... Pffffff

Akame ga Kill:
It says something when the one-shot villain has the best performance in this show so far. At least he seemed to realize this was stupid.
Oh yeah, weapon mcguffins. Gotta Catch Em All.

Michiko & Hatchin:
Damn, Satoshi is brutal, and kind of screwed up. Though seeing the flashbacks, it's easy to see why.
Kid HIroshi looks so much like Hatchin it's freaky. They even sound similar.
Atsuko is an idiot, letting Michiko go like that. But then we wouldn't have a show.

SAO II:
... I kind of liked this episode. Action was good, characters didn't piss me off, the plot seems to be going somewhere and it isn't 100% Kiri-shit worship.
We'll see how Reki Kawahara ruins it.

Naruto Shippuden:
Sorry, it's hard to care for Asuma when his screentime was limited prior to this arc. I guess it was an attempt to make you feel bad for Shikamaru and crew, but their screentime was limited too as most of the series focused on Naruto and Sasuke. Kishi, you can't have major emotional moments like this for characters that were mostly out of focus. This is why I still believe there needed to be like 3 or 4 arcs between Zabuza and the Chunin Exams.

One Piece:
Oda dropped the bombs!
In case you missed it:
Luffy's grandfather is Vice-Admiral Monkey D. Garp, the "hero of the Marines", and the man that stood toe-to-toe with the Pirate King himself multiple times.
Shanks is part of the Four Emperors, the strongest pirates on the Grand Line. Whitebeard is a member too. The other two members are unknown.
Coby and Helmeppo return, and they got jacked.
Luffy's father is Monkey D. Dragon, the leader of the Revolutionary Army, and considered the most dangerous criminal in the world.

World building!

Seda

how do i put this

i'm okay with how asuma's death is handled despite the whole focus being around side characters. tbh the fact that we are giving attention to these guys is one reason why this arc is my favorite.

edit: well some of this statement relies on things not shown yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom