• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So...

Monkey D. Luffy
Monkey D. Garp
Monkey D. Dragon (or is it Monkey D. Ragon?)

.......lol, so does that mean Gold Roger is actually Gol D. Roger & it was secretly in front of us all this time every single episode when they'd show that intro about Gold Roger, considering everyone has "D" for their middle initial? & he could actually be related to Luffy & Garp?

Oh well, guess we'll have to wait & see.

Also Portgas D. Ace, Jaguar D. Saul, Marshall D. Teach, and others.

We stilll haven't learned about the "Will of D"/ the meaning behind the D, but it's likely related to the lost century and the kingdom which disappeared befor ethe modern world government was formed

(Also probably Croco D. Ile)

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Hope you enjoyed all that world-building. A lot of it will be important much later down the line.
Considering they just brought a bunch of stuff back from like, the first five episodes, I FUCKING BELIEVE YOU.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Put it to you this way, something in that episode just became relevant in the manga three weeks ago, about ten years later.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I was going to say Gol D. Roger sounds right lol.

On that note, I'm basically expecting it. Is Ace his full brother/half brother? Or does Dragon have a brother and hes the uncle?

*shrugs cause Idk my timeline that well for Rogers age*

Roger was executed 22 years ago. Ace is 20 at this point in the series, so 3 years older than Luffy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's a shame I've forgotten some of the stuff from before Skypiea due to watching the 4Kids version & the fact it's probably been about 10 years since it aired on Fox.

Also lol Levi knows what's goin' on.

Why the fuck do these guys keep latching their hook thingies directly on her skin? It's like, of course she'll feel that. Stupid. Levi still the best person in this show.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, holy crap, One Piece premiered on 4Kids TV about 3 days before my 13th birthday in 2004.

There's my feel old moment of the night.

....oh, AoT. Uh, yay, Erin's saved, I guess.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder how many average people seeing this commercial even know, let alone remember what Walker Texas Ranger was.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
id rather something stupid like that than something obvious like
whos narutos dad.
The anime does a better job because it pushes Kakashi Gaiden waaay back. If you only watched the anime then they don't beat you over the head with it. I mean, it's pretty obvious in episode one but you'll soon forget the exact origin of his powers.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I wonder how many average people seeing this commercial even know, let alone remember what Walker Texas Ranger was.

When NBC got the rights to it Conan, while he was still there, used the stock footage, like when the kid tells Walker he's got AIDS, as a running gag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom