• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

My theatre actually had a poster for Resurrection. It was right in the front too, not hidden off on the side of the building or anything.

Then again, this is the same company that aired the hellsing ultimate double feature for free at most of its locations (among other collaborations), so it's probably nerds all the way down.

BBboy20

Man, I sometimes wonder if an animator every wanted to make an anime in only key frames.

I really want to see Resurrection of F tomorrow but I don't want to drive for two hours so I probably won't.

Is anyone here going to go see it?
Yup!

If you guys have Netflix, check out Sense8. Great, great, great show. The wait for season 2 is gonna murder me.
Seen it ad images of it some time ago. Guess the hype of it might be real.

Seda

im bored, here's the top ten in total viewer number

(also noting the total viewer numbers seem inflated this week compared to the 18-49 rating - at a glance anyway)

Dragon Ball Z Kai - Apr 25th - 1,636,000
Dragon Ball Z Kai - Mar 7th - 1,628,000
Dragon Ball Z Kai - Aug 1st - 1,608,000 <--- this week
Dragon Ball Z Kai - Feb 28th - 1,564,000
Bleach - Aug 3rd 2013 - 1,559,000 <-- Aizen defeat episode
Dragon Ball Z Kai - Feb 21st - 1,555,000
Dragon Ball Z Kai - Jul 25th - 1,540,000
Dragon Ball Z Kai - Apr 18th - 1,523,000
Dragon Ball Z Kai - Jan 31st - 1,513,000 <-- 11:30PM
Attack on Titan - Sep 20th 2014 - 1,507,000 <-- 11:30PM (episode 19, which is rerunning this saturday)

the bleach episode is hanging in there

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So it did break it, making #3.

& 4 of the top 5 are DBZ Kai, damn. Won't be long until the top 5, let alone the top 10, will be nothing but DBZ Kai episodes.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Michiko has been pretty surprisingly strong ratings-wise. Quite honestly, in spite of how much I like it, I expected it to be a bit more of a letdown coming off of DBZ and KLK, a la Black Lagoon, but it's really held its own. I don't think too many other shows have been as consistently solid in that third slot. It does help to have two hugely successful lead-ins, though. I think the fact that it's genuinely completely new for the vast majority of Toonami's viewership really helps, too.

It will be real interesting to see what happens to Michiko's numbers when Akame ga Kill is its lead-in.

ckohler

It will be real interesting to see what happens to Michiko's numbers when Akame ga Kill is its lead-in.
Agreed. I also wonder if Akame ga Kill will hold the same ratings as KLK. I know nothing about the show but I get the impression that it wasn't as popular.

Seda

some random poorly written uncapitalized musings

i think i prefer pre-frieza-encounter namek saga to the frieza encounter, or at least more than goku vs frieza

somebody once said that 'kill la kill' doesnt really have characters or plot. that seems apt to me. none of the character really have depth and development is mostly hamfisted but some of the personalities might be endearing. mostly there just to take a ridiculous premise and run with it. that said i feel the drama in KLK was easily the poorest element. comedy and outright wackiness are what the show did alright at. i probably prefer it to something like attack on titan which is all melodrama all the time.

michiko and hatchin - i kind of like how the overall narrative is often given through context and not straight exposition. one thing i'm not quite sold on is the big picture. i'm not really invested in the pair finding hiroshi. also the tone feels odd at times. why did michiko hold the bullfighting charade for so long? yeah she was in danger but i felt like she put more time into fighting the bull than getting out of the ring and towards her real objective of finding boss-man and hatchin.

it's almost impressive how bad sword art online is

merry coming to the rescue is not an asspull

Soulflarz

Banned
If someone asks me if they should watch SAO, I say yes, so they can form their own opinion on it. Either they love it for reasons and thats all cool, or they hate it and have a hilarious few days watching it and going what the hell every 5 minutes. I still love first-time hatewatches almost as much as I love watching a good show.

Line_HTX

Black Bullet may be under Sentai, but it is not dubbed. Automatic rejection. Also,
no kids allowed, thanks
. :p

Aww yeah, SAO II is back in the millions~
Kappa

It's amusing that it remains popular with the crowd, even though we all know it's bad. I guess some people,
even me,
like it for their own reasons despite the cringe and the "What the fuck, this shit is nonsense." Basically what Soulflarz said.

I'm still waiting on Space Dandy S2 rerun. Definitely the best without question.

some random poorly written uncapitalized musings

i think i prefer pre-frieza-encounter namek saga to the frieza encounter, or at least more than goku vs frieza

somebody once said that 'kill la kill' doesnt really have characters or plot. that seems apt to me. none of the character really have depth and development is mostly hamfisted but some of the personalities might be endearing. mostly there just to take a ridiculous premise and run with it. that said i feel the drama in KLK was easily the poorest element. comedy and outright wackiness are what the show did alright at. i probably prefer it to something like attack on titan which is all melodrama all the time.

michiko and hatchin - i kind of like how the overall narrative is often given through context and not straight exposition. one thing i'm not quite sold on is the big picture. i'm not really invested in the pair finding hiroshi. also the tone feels odd at times. why did michiko hold the bullfighting charade for so long? yeah she was in danger but i felt like she put more time into fighting the bull than getting out of the ring and towards her real objective of finding boss-man and hatchin.

merry coming to the rescue is not an asspull

And Naruto is so fucking boring Seda forgot to write about it

Black Bullet may be under Sentai, but it is not dubbed. Automatic rejection. Also,
no kids allowed, thanks
. :p

Aww yeah, SAO II is back in the millions~
Kappa

It's amusing that it remains popular with the crowd, even though we all know it's bad. I guess some people,
even me,
like it for their own reasons despite the cringe and the "What the fuck, this shit is nonsense." Basically what Soulflarz said.

I'm still waiting on Space Dandy S2 rerun. Definitely the best without question.

Black Bullet is getting dubbed believe it comes out in October

LOLDSFAN

Dat pentagon million. I think the last time we had one of those was over a year ago (March 2014).

I totally thought M&H would be low because of the way the plot is presented.

Is that our first quintuple million in ratings?

If so,
tumblr_inline_ms1w4gDdZ91qz4rgp.gif

Akame Ga Kill should slip into KLK's slot and do comparable numbers. I can see it being like deadman more popular with western audiences then it was in Japan

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So new Attack on Titan game confirmed. Being made by Omega Force, i.e. the Dynasty/Hyrule/Pirate Warriors games.

......so Titan Warriors? Also if it's basically Dynasty Warriors, but I can swing around a la Spider-Man 2: The Game, I'll be sold.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Merry coming to the rescue is a "cry manly tears" moment and that doesn't do well with the Toonami crowd, god-forbid something not stylish and edgy happens.

Raxus

I can see why some would consider it an 'asspull'.

Personally, as a long time reader of the manga it was just one more detail that, when revealed, made perfect sense in the universe it created. Of course the Merry was part of the crew and they were making a huge deal about it come Skypia when it was undersiege. All the stuff set up post Skypia and Water 7 just fleshed out that idea. It also lends more weight in the Usopp and Luffy fight and Luffy's decision to abandon the Merry.

I find it far more of an ass pull that after taking a 3rd of Lucci's ultimate move Luffy could then still stand, use a jet gatling which Lucci had already taken fairly well before but this time it dominates him because nakama power.

Seda

I find it far more of an ass pull that after taking a 3rd of Lucci's ultimate move Luffy could then still stand, use a jet gatling which Lucci had already taken fairly well before but this time it dominates him because nakama power.

i was actually going to say this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom