• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
If anyone cares, bebop Blu Rays (regular, not the Blu Ray+DVD bundle) are $41

Oh yay, Im happy that in Robertas Blood Trail
Lotton returns, what an idiot, i missed him

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They KNOW December is a terrible month.
That's why they do the movie months

This.

I remember one Christmas Eve they showed Read or Die from the beginning up to the Christmas episode, aka the best part of the series outside of the god-like opening.

Soulflarz

Banned
Im saddened by the fact it doesnt make sense how they would air Black Lagoons OVAs if it wasnt in a marathon or in some really weird format. The episodes are 33-35m long each (er, havent seen the last 2, but the second last one is 33) so theyd probably have to do them back to back in sets of 2 in 1.5hr timeslots, or all at once over like 3.5 hours. Cause the issue with by 2s is the last episode doesnt fit anywhere. 2 one night, 3 one night?

The other issue is if they dared (I say dare because It'd waste so much of our time) to air it 1 at a time in 1 hour timeslots, since youd be watching nearly a half of it being commercials. It would be hell. I guess they could lower it with specials, but thatd be a special every single time...

Seda

The other issue is if they dared (I say dare because It'd waste so much of our time) to air it 1 at a time in 1 hour timeslots, since youd be watching nearly a half of it being commercials. It would be hell. I guess they could lower it with specials, but thatd be a special every single time...

Just follow each episode with Kickheart.

Next-gen has already invaded anime.

3B2X2w5.png

SRUqlkG.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The final arc just draaaaaaggggeeeeedddd. I kept waiting for them to finally travel back to the present & then "WELP THAT'S IT, THANKS FOR READING THE SERIES!"...a shame considering I remember starting to read it in high school and it was rather decent for the longest time.

Soulflarz

Banned
Okay, in Robertas Blood Trail, I really like how (Character Development Spoiler)
Rock shows his more evil side. Like how he isnt the innocent character anymore, and hes really screwed up to a deeper extent.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Okay, in Robertas Blood Trail, I really like how (Character Development Spoiler)
Rock shows his more evil side. Like how he isnt the innocent character anymore, and hes really screwed up to a deeper extent.

You should read the half of the next arc that's out after you finish watching Roberta's Blood Trail as (Character Development Spoiler) we see
Revvy actually beginning to soften and going towards where Rock was at the start of this whole thing. They're basically trading places and it'll be interesting to see who finishes their transformation first as that will show us the kind of ending we're in for. If it's Revvy we'll likely get a happy ending, well happy for Black Lagoon anyway, but if it's Rock...

I just wish the series wasn't stalled and it had a more concrete release schedule.

Soulflarz

Banned
You should read the half of the next arc that's out after you finish watching Roberta's Blood Trail as (Character Development Spoiler) we see
Revvy actually beginning to soften and going towards where Rock was at the start of this whole thing. They're basically trading places and it'll be interesting to see who finishes their transformation first as that will show us the kind of ending we're in for. If it's Revvy we'll likely get a happy ending, well happy for Black Lagoon anyway, but if it's Rock...

I just wish the series wasn't stalled and it had a more concrete release schedule.

Yeah, WHENS SEASON 4

I actually have the first 3 books on my shelf from months and months ago. Only read the first one. I really liked the ending to this arc, felt like a proper arc end compared to the end of season 2 where it dropped us off in the middle of nowhere. Like this arc end definitely didn't feel like a proper end to the series whatsoever. Also, I think I like the OVAs being barely over the normal episode length, because in normal episodes we always went "what its over already it feels like we started 10 minutes ago" and it ends with much better timing. Though they could go back to 25m timeslots and be fine still :p

Anyways, I'd highly recommend Roberta's Blood Trail to anyone who watched the original Black Lagoon with us on Toonami and wished for a season 3, as this is for all practical purposes season 3.

Soulflarz

Banned
*shrugs* I think it's everyone overreacting. Not sure why Sony's surprised at this point, but I'm also not sure why they weren't questioning things when North Korea made threats months and months ago...Like if they weren't a viable threat months ago, why are they now? They're threatening physical harm to people now, which isn't relatable to cyber attacks. Lastly, if people start getting attacked in masses at screenings of the interview, I think someones going to try and do something about it, since it's not like we have no clue who could possibly be responsible.

*shrugs* I think it's everyone overreacting. Not sure why Sony's surprised at this point, but I'm also not sure why they weren't questioning things when North Korea made threats months and months ago...Like if they weren't a viable threat months ago, why are they now? They're threatening physical harm to people now, which isn't relatable to cyber attacks. Lastly, if people start getting attacked in masses at screenings of the interview, I think someones going to try and do something about it, since it's not like we have no clue who could possibly be responsible.

While I don't really agree with this decision since I think it's an empty threat, I also think it's pretty understandable that a movie studio doesn't wanna play the "WE DON'T NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS" card.

Soulflarz

Banned
While I don't really agree with this decision since I think it's an empty threat, I also think it's pretty understandable that a movie studio doesn't wanna play the "WE DON'T NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS" card.

I don't personally agree with the decision whatsoever, but yeah. On the second half of my post I was being sarcastic about us not knowing who could be the attackers. I don't think NK is dumb enough to physically harm civilians in a the US...I mean...I hope not? That would be a dumb decision in general.

But yeah, it's weird for them to suddenly pull a "we DO listen to terrorists" card after the majority of the damage has been done. It's not like NK is going to leak The Interview....er...that would be highly counterproductive of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom