• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Funny thing is, I actually think it was because of some people here on ToonamiGAF that I got into Assassination Classroom in the first place.

& I still wonder if Aniplex has another show lined up or if we'll get another old show to repeat after Gurren Lagann ends. Same for Deadman Wonderland, except switch Aniplex for Funimation.

Edit: AANNNDDD confirmed, Assassination Classroom is part of Funimation's Simulcast next month. No dub at the moment.

daveo42

Banned
Maybe I'll watch it when it starts. Need a new anime anyway since we are nearing the end of Inou Battle and Rage of Bahamut.

BBboy20

Looks like Funimation is going to have one or two anime each season they simuldub on their subscription service going forward.

As for Toonami, we shouldn't expect anything "new" until:

-Gurren Lagann and Deadman Wonderland end on the same day in March
-when Attack on Titan ends in May
-when Inuyasha ends in June

Edit: Unless they do something unexpected when Jack ends and add in a new show sliding everything else downwards in the line-up
I aks because I wonder if Toonami might ever get the opportunity to to a simulcast for a brand new show again.
Well, nevermind.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So I just decided to pop in the Bebop BD, and I have to say, I'm not a fan of the way they've changed the opening credits.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Actually for once that is not the right answer!
9UOilTd.png

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sped up Adult Swim style?!?

No seriously, what is different?

Typography on the credits is completely different.

In both the Japanese and original dub versions of the credits, the credits were presented each on a single line in numerous different colors (like red if the screen was predominantly red, yellow if that worked best, etc.) using thin fonts.

The new Funimation HD version has all the credits on two lines all in WHITE (except for the last couple, which are black) with big chunky type.

Observe (ignore differences in image quality since they're all from different types of sources, and the new English one is from an indirect picture rather than as a direct screencap like the others, so just look at the text):

Original Japanese (HD version):

Original English dub version:

New English Funi HD version:

It's just a COMPLETELY different look entirely.

Typography on the credits is completely different.

In both the Japanese and original dub versions of the credits, the credits were presented each on a single line in numerous different colors (like red if the screen was predominantly red, yellow if that worked best, etc.) using thin fonts.

The new Funimation HD version has all the credits on two lines all in WHITE (except for the last couple, which are black) with big chunky type.

Observe (ignore differences in image quality since they're all from different types of sources, and the new English one is from an indirect picture rather than as a direct screencap like the others, so just look at the text):

Original Japanese (HD version):

Original English dub version:

New English Funi HD version:

It's just a COMPLETELY different look entirely.

I don't like change!

Seda

It was reported last month by Deadline that the cast choices included Robert Pattinson (Twilight), Andrew Garfield (The Amazing Spider-Man) and James McAvoy (X-Men: Days of Future Past) for Testuo and Garrett Hedlund (TRON: Legacy), Michael Fassbender (X-Men: Days of Future Past), Chris Pine (Horrible Bosses 2), Joaquin Phoenix (Her) and Justin Timberlake (Friends with Benefits) for Kaneda.

ok

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I keep forgetting the fact they made a live-action Kite film. Still don't understand why someone thought it'd be a good idea, considering the anime is banned in a few countries and it's not exactly an anime most people remember/seen. Hell, they barely marketed it & I don't even recall them showing it at my theater.

Crocodile

Knew Akira movie rights were sold but I just assumed they were in perpetual limbo like the live action EVA movie. Are they actually moving forward with that? Did they learn nothing from the Exodus nonsense (amongst other examples)?

Dude, of course. It'll be awesome, when are you in town? What are you doing here anyways?

I was born & raised in NYC so a good portion of my family still lives in the boroughs. Spending Christmas alone a thousand+ miles away alone doesn't sound like the best of times so I swing by for Christmas and New Years. Holidays means there are no students for me to teach and I can still do some work on my research even in NYC. I'll be around starting next week until the week after New Year's.

Soulflarz

Banned
Okay, I have no clue if I can catch toonami tomorrow (man, these holidays are killing my saturdays, sorry guys!), it all depends if my family goes on a vacation or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom