• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am finished with school for the semester.

image.php

Awwwww YEEAAAAAAAAHHHH!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finished an hour ago as well, & got lucky with the fact I was able to sell some older textbooks I had & made $54, plus $50 from my grandma as an early Xmas gift.

TIME TO BUY SEIKON NO QWASER PUT IT IN THE BANK.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...imes-black-dynamite-american-dad-more/337497/

Across the first week of December 2014, Adult Swim ranked as the #1 basic cable network for Total Day Delivery among adults 18-24, 18-34 & 18-49, as well as men 18-24/18-34.

Adult Swim’s original animated comedy series Black Dynamite (Saturday, 10:30 p.m.) ranked #1 in its time period among men 18-24, while improving average delivery among adults 18-24 and key male demos compared to the same time period last year. Sunday evening’s new episode premiere of Bob’s Burgers (9:30 p.m.) increased average delivery of all targeted adults and men, ranging between 3% and 47%.

Adult Swim programming – including Family Guy, American Dad and Robot Chicken – accounted for 20 of the top 50 telecasts on basic cable for the week among adults 18-34, and 25 of the top 50 with men 18-34, both more than any other network.

Not a single Toonami was mentioned that day.

fuckin AoT

Soulflarz

Banned
Login you damned one's
Crush the wont you compromise
The noise comes we are ready to bow
What about the antidote for the jammed and hypnotized
Rend the lie that covers
Who's the real sucker now!

DATABASE DATABASE JUST LIVING IN A DATABASE

...I should watch Log Horizon

Regiruler

Login you damned one's
Crush the wont you compromise
The noise comes we are ready to bow
What about the antidote for the jammed and hypnotized
Rend the lie that covers
Who's the real sucker now!

DATABASE DATABASE JUST LIVING IN A DATABASE

...I should watch Log Horizon
Is it actually good? My friend was talking about some fanfiction for it for about ten minutes.

Jarate

Banned
Log Horizon to me gets overrated because of how bad Sword Art Online is. People like the idea of MMO Animes I guess, but it was on par with .Hack to me

But then again, some of you in this thread havent watched Ping Pong which is the #1 priority for all of you

Like, if you guys havent watched then shame on you, don't let Bass's bad opinions take you away from the best show of all time
not actually the best show of all time, that's Twin Peaks

Log Horizon to me gets overrated because of how bad Sword Art Online is. People like the idea of MMO Animes I guess, but it was on par with .Hack to me

But then again, some of you in this thread havent watched Ping Pong which is the #1 priority for all of you

Like, if you guys havent watched then shame on you, don't let Bass's bad opinions take you away from the best show of all time
not actually the best show of all time, that's Twin Peaks

Log Horizon is good because its a good series, the fact it came out a year after SAO is irrelevant. What makes Log Horizon good is the writing and characters and story that takes the premise of trapped in an mmo and really runs with it.

Jarate

Banned
Log Horizon is good because its a good series, the fact it came out a year after SAO is irrelevant. What makes Log Horizon good is the writing and characters and story that takes the premise of trapped in an mmo and really runs with it.
You dont like Ping Pong, how can I take your opinion seriously!

I really dont like the trope of being stuck in an mmo, but a lot of people love that shit I guess. Its all just opinions though baby.

Agh I dont have finals till next week

High School finals are pathetically easy
and so are most college ones, still too easy to get super stressed out over ;-;

You dont like Ping Pong, how can I take your opinion seriously!

I don't like the animation style or art of ping pong, I'm sure the actual characters/writing/story are fine. It's like Flowers of Evil that rotoscope art is fugly as sin but the actual story and characters from what I've seen/read are good. I'm not going to watch things like Ping Pong or that Princess Kaguya movie because regardless of how great the story/characters/writing may be if I don't like the art style of the anime I'm not going to be able to get past it.

Jarate

Banned
I don't like the animation style or art of ping pong, I'm sure the actual characters/writing/story are fine. It's like Flowers of Evil that rotoscope art is fugly as sin but the actual story and characters from what I've seen/read are good. I'm not going to watch things like Ping Pong or that Princess Kaguya movie because regardless of how great the story/characters/writing may be if I don't like the art style of the anime I'm not going to be able to get past it.
How could one man be so wrong about animation

How could one man be so wrong about art direction

Youre closing yourself to a giant world of animation goodness because of preconceived ideas of what's proper art. Open up your mind, and comprehend why they choose those art styles, and how it fits within the themes of the show/movies.

/hipster

How could one man be so wrong about animation

How could one man be so wrong about art direction

Youre closing yourself to a giant world of animation goodness because of preconceived ideas of what's proper art. Open up your mind, and comprehend why they choose those art styles, and how it fits within the themes of the show/movies.

/hipster

Honestly even if Ping Pong had a traditional art style I probably wouldn't have watched it because I'm not a very big fan of sports anime or manga. If you look 90% of the anime/manga I watch/read are shonen/action series that's what I enjoy and that's what I generally watch. When someone makes a decent shonen fight series in this art style I may make more of an effort to watch it.

The only way HxH will ever air in America.

That'd be annoyingggggggggggggggggggggggg. Air a HxH commercial, but refer the users to Crunchyroll instead.

Also, nobody linked ratings yet?

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/tv-r...se-college-football-conference-championships/

ATTACK ON TITAN - 1,129,000
HELLSING ULTIMATE - 926,000
SUMMER WARS - 773,000
COWBOY BEBOP - 594,000
FULLMETAL: BROTHERHOOD - 498,000
GHOST IN SHELL: 2ND GIG - 486,000
BIG O/AN - 509,000
SAMURAI JACK - 515,000

Yeah averaging 770k though 3:30 is pretty good especially when you consider it was a rerun movie. Kind of wish HU had done a bit better but it was still 900k+ on average over the hour and AoT rerun in December did over 1 mill

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They actually had enough viewers to warrant making another season of Mr. Pickles?

*siiiiiigggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh*

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Black Jesus: Neat. I hope there's more biting satire this time around, the first season was too "stoner comedy".
Mike Tyson: Hell yeah!
Mr. Pickles: ... Ugh. This is what happens when people support mediocrity without a second thought... This is why SAO is a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom