• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

He dug his own grave with those kind of crap shows. MTM and maybe BJ (haven't seen it yet) are pretty much the only good things to come from adult swim's original lineup.

Well, Too Many Cooks is pretty neat but that's a one-off.

He dug his own grave with those kind of crap shows. MTM and maybe BJ (haven't seen it yet) are pretty much the only good things to come from adult swim's original lineup.

Well, Too Many Cooks is pretty neat but that's a one-off.

a7P2vFQ.gif

Jarate

Banned
People who call Mr Pickles a stoner show does a disservice to real stoners

Mr Pickles probably appeals to 13 year old kids who put weed avatars on their Call of Duty profile.

Stoners would rather watch shitty shows like squidbillies.

Also, DBZ is by far the greatest stoner show of all time, and no one complains about thag

daveo42

Banned

Yeah, Rick and Morty are definitely on the list of good things to come out of Adult Swim in recent years. I'm actually excited about seeing a season two of the show. Plus, you are forgetting a lot of the other shows in recent history that have been good like Venture Brothers.

I'd personally add in Super Jail just because I did dig the primary focus originally being just ultra-violence and was fun to laugh at.

People who forget about China, IL are terrible people who deserve no sympathy

China, IL was also fairly good and was at the right level of insane without falling to the level of Mr. Pickles, which is there just for shock with no real entertainment value.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Here's a trip.
Look up Harmony Gold's dub of Dragon Ball.
All the names were changed (Goku is called Zero) and you might recognize the voices (Barbara Goodson as Goku, Wendee Lee as Bulma)

Regiruler

I forgot, OK.
They were near the middle/beginning of the year.
People who call Mr Pickles a stoner show does a disservice to real stoners

Mr Pickles probably appeals to 13 year old kids who put weed avatars on their Call of Duty profile.

Stoners would rather watch shitty shows like squidbillies.

Also, DBZ is by far the greatest stoner show of all time, and no one complains about thag

Because you don't need to be stoned to watch DBZ

Jarate

Banned
I dunno, I dump China, IL in with Mr. Pickles as stuff that the less I see of it, the better.
China IL is incredibly good. Legitimately funny with very little OH MY GOD SO SHOCKING HUMOUR

It's super good, idk why people dont like it, but I will say that Cartoon Network advertises it horribly

Raxus

Not sure how many people here read manga but I give My Hero Academia (Boku no Hīrō Academia) a giant gold star. I hope it gets a healthy start before it is inevitably animated.

daveo42

Banned
Not sure how many people here read manga but I give My Hero Academia (Boku no Hīrō Academia) a giant gold star. I hope it gets a healthy start before it is inevitably animated.

I actually started reading this earlier in the week and I'll say it's one of the best shounen manga I've read in a good long while. I can see it becoming quite popular if it keeps up. While I really want to see an anime adaptation, I hope they hold out until at least 2016 before starting on one.

There's only 17 chapters. Let's wait a bit before we call it a member of the Big 3.

Hence my "it can be" comment, obviously the mangaka could completely mess things up, but between how popular super heroes are right now with the marvel cinematic universe being big and a gap left by the void Naruto has left in manga (and soon to be anime next year) I think the series could right place/right time to take off. It's already right place/right time with how well it's manga is selling, not prime time big 3 numbers but still really well for a new series.

Moaradin

Speaking of Toei, I'm watching a show called Kyousougiga right now and it shocks me that this is animated by them sometimes. They can do good work when they try..

acf36337b048c014232b7bf7c7ae3787.gif

Majin Bone is really well done too, yeah all its fighting is cgi in a cgi field but that is all really well done and really well shot. Then I watch World Trigger and go "oh god what happened"

TheChits

Speaking of Toei, I'm watching a show called Kyousougiga right now and it shocks me that this is animated by them sometimes. They can do good work when they try..

I enjoyed this show very much. One of those shows I randomly discovered and it turned out to be quite a pleasant surprise

Jarate

Banned
It has more moe then one piece so it gets more animation budget

Nami needs to regress in age and get even larger boobs for One Piece to get dt animation budget

pre-timeskip One Piece is pretty well animated for being a weekly shonen. Water 7 still has some of my favorite animation in the series

Crocodile

A) Mr Pickles, as well as most Adult Swim originals, is TERRIBLE and I seriously question the taste of anyone who legit likes it. It's not even a matter of weed or alcohol, its just (bad) taste.

B) I don't really read much manga but My Hero Academy caught my ear. It's been great so far. Fun premise and fun cast. It has a LOT of different directions it can go in so I'm just hoping the author continues to make good writing and story decisions moving forward. Also it's the sort of IP I can see being a big hit in the West as long as the inevitable anime is good unlike something say Toriko or Food Wars which I think have a cap on their international appeal. This could easily end up on Toonami in 2016/2017. I just HOPE and PRAY they give it to a team with ambition and resources and not farm it out to a C rate studio or the C team at another studio. As shitty as BONES writers can be, their animators are top tier. If they can get Iwasaki on the OST we could have Soul Eater again (sans the BONES'd ending ideally of course).

Also I'm not really one into the whole "best girl" nonsense but............. frog girl is best girl :p

C) I've been meaning to watch Kyousougiga for a while now as I've only heard good things. Seems like it would be a great show to watch as a group ;-)

Started checking out My Hero Academia because of all the hype on GAF and I have just one thing to say. Is this from the same person as Blue Exorcist? Because so far I've seen Shiemi and Yukio up in this. Seriously, those guys look exactly alike. What up with that?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Even if My Hero Academia has a full fruitful run, Berserk STILL wouldn't be finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom