• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd say when the series aired again on Toonami last year, my opinion mostly stayed the same of the fact I like it save for when Renton & Eureka are stuck on the beach.....though the final episode made up for it.

Seda

One of my favorite animes of all time. It's got issues, I'll admit, but I love this show.

TRUE STORY: One of the things that brought me in full time posting in this thread was getting sick and tired of people dissing it!

One of your earliest posts
Eureka Seven in general is not awesome.
Boo this man. I'd say overall it's the second best show in the entire Toonami lineup.

but let's not forget that perfect first Toonami post:
Naruto filler is so bad that there is an episode near the end of it that apologizes for all the filler.

0wJjQAY.png

My first post was something along the lines up "that's the point of Toonami though it lets you be exposed to series you may not otherwise have watched"

daveo42

Banned
My first Toonami post was probably shit in comparison :(

Not sure if OT0 counts, but there you are.

I remember watching Outlaw Star as a kid when Gene knocked over a table and yelled 'You Bastard!' and thinking it was the coolest thing in the world.

I used to think cursing in anime was the coolest thing in the world when I first saw Akira on SciFi's Saturday Anime back in the day.

Jarate

Banned
I used to love cursing in anime as a kid but now I absolutely despise it because of how edgy it always seems

daveo42

Banned
My first post was something along the lines up "that's the point of Toonami though it lets you be exposed to series you may not otherwise have watched"

It's scary because that's pretty much what you said.

BassForever said:
I mean isn't the point of Toonami and other animation blocks to get you to watch shows you normally wouldn't watch in a setting like this? I'm sure most people watched and got into shows like Sailor Moon, Reboot, and Tenchi Muyo! because they came on during the Toonami block and we had nothing better to do while waiting for DBZ to come on

Even in Black Lagoon?!

The 90s were an awesome time, dude!
-90s kid

Edit: Looking back at some of the old threads, it seems like most of you have been around since the beginning of ToonamiGAF.

daveo42

Banned
Searching is pretty easy
do you guys have a cooldown for searching? i forget

You could always use Google as well, though searching thread by thread ain't so bad for Toonami stuffs. Is your search results limited in number? We cap at 1k.

Jarate

Banned
Which feels like an eternity when you've made a typo.

Have to wait 4 seconds to search again

-wait for around 4 seconds

Have to wait for 2 seconds to search again

-wait for 2 seconds

Have to wait for 1 second to search again

FUCK

Seda, give Toonamigaf special privilege for searching all the time. I promise I wont create a program that will search all day every day and ruin the servers!

It's scary because that's pretty much what you said.

The 90s were an awesome time, dude!
-90s kid

Edit: Looking back at some of the old threads, it seems like most of you have been around since the beginning of ToonamiGAF.

When I was going back to old threads to do my all time Toonami GAF counts (I need to get on that I'm like months behind...) I thought I hadn't joined the thread until like thread 3 or 4, and was shocked to see I had posted way back in the original thread, and wondered what the heck I posted. That's the only reason I remember it

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Black Lagoon is obviously made for adults, so the cursing is much more natural

I don't wanna hear cursing in a show like Bleach that is obviously made for children
I kind of have to agree. It can feel out of place if not used correctly. I recall mentioning this last year, but without giving too much away (I won't mention the context), I have this problem with Summer Wars. which I felt would've been a great gateway anime for the family (though it's still rated PG, so maybe some parents would overlook it, I guess), but for some reason, Funimation decided to throw in a "shit". And that's the only time you hear that kind of swear word, just once in the film. Yeah, there's a few "hell" or "damn", but those are "low tier" swear words.

There's an art in knowing when a swear word can be used appropriately & when it feels out of place or childish. I had this issue with the second season with IGPX where all of a sudden, BOOM we got a damn or hell. One episode had 5, one of which was "bitch". The first season had no swearing what so ever, so when we hear it in season 2, it feels rather jarring, especially since this aired on the old Toonami, where it'd air at about...10-ish?

Jarate

Banned
I kind of have to agree. It can feel out of place if not used correctly. I recall mentioning this last year, but without giving too much away (I won't mention the context), I have this problem with Summer Wars. which I felt would've been a great gateway anime for the family (though it's still rated PG, so maybe some parents would overlook it, I guess), but for some reason, Funimation decided to throw in a "shit". And that's the only time you hear that kind of swear word, just once in the film. Yeah, there's a few "hell" or "damn", but those are "low tier" swear words.

There's an art in knowing when a swear word can be used appropriately & when it feels out of place or childish. I had this issue with the second season with IGPX where all of a sudden, BOOM we got a damn or hell. One episode had 5, one of which was "bitch". The first season had no swearing what so ever, so when we hear it in season 2, it feels rather jarring, especially since this aired on the old Toonami, where it'd air at about...10-ish?

IGPX is jarring in general because of how bad it is

I remember coming back from the bar in undergrad on Saturday nights and making a few drunk posts during Deadman or Samurai 7. Didn't start posting consistently until spring 2013 when I got hooked on SBT.

TheChits

Yeah, I haven't a clue about my first post. I just know that I've been posting/watching since the get go. Crazy to think I still haven't posted a single thing of any value. I mostly just stick to reactions while watching shows.

daveo42

Banned
I can't remember my first post. Someone find it for me please.

First Toonami Post and probably your first GAF post by the looks of it.

Imperial Bishop said:
New guy alert.

Sup, ToonamiGAF? Been lurking this OT for several months. I finally got the nerve to make an account just in time for Akira.

I'm hyped to see it again after almost a decade.

Edit: Yup, that's it.

daveo42

Banned
He's more happy to still have a GAF account after a year :p

I should stop looking at ppls first posts. It feels weird for some reason.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Order of interest

8.Broly
7.Eva 2.22
6. Akira
5. Summer War
4. Eva 1.11
3. Sacred Star of Milos
2. Hellsing IX
1. Hellsing X

This is almost entirely based on how many times I've seen it, though not entirely.

Never seen all of 1.11 or Milos or any of Hellsing. Seen Akira more than Summer War and while I've only seen Broly once...it was enough. It's not bad for a DBZ movie though.

Soulflarz

Banned
Cool, Adam Boyes is gonna put plethora into that sony thing this friday

Of all the words, Idk why i wanted that one in enough to ask >.<

Raxus

Just a heads up for some Parasyte fans for today. I know some people here are fans so make sure to check out tonights episode.

...I may have peeked at the manga.

Jarate

Banned
So when is Ping Pong the Animation gonna come to Toonami

Considering its getting a dub and it's ANIME OF THE YEAR ALL YEARS, I expect it to never get released on Toonami

Raxus

It'd be hard to market Ping Pong to Toonami. Especially with already dubbed anime like Psycho Pass and Fate/Zero waiting in the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom