• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
She's not a witch she's a phi brain child one of the various in Phi Brain who battles using logic puzzles. It's actually a pretty bad ass show
Was talking to a friend on skype the other day and he mentioned phi brain was awesome, I watched like half of the first episode and kinda put it on hold/dropped it years ago, nothing was really wrong with it but I think it was a period where I put anime on a year long hiatus soon after. I didnt expect the anime to have 3 seasons tho
ieWmZ0S89OSit.gif

This is fucking hilarious.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Honestly? I wouldn't put either TTGL or FMP on the preblock. They are definite Toonami type shows that will happen if they can work it out.

A lot of us been saying this forever. What's the next prewatch block show on the way out?

the other Valvrave. Steins;Gate is not long for this earth, either.

i would like to hold out hope that Full Metal Panic will come to Toonami eventually; i'd prefer we focus on stuff that's definitely not going to make it on Adult Swim. Fate/Zero probably wasn't, i don't think Valvrave would, Steins;Gate has no action, and Jojo isn't even licensed. but Darker Than Black is definitely something i think shouldn't have been on the preblock due to the possibility it'd show up on Toonami, especially now that they're airing Black Lagoon. i'm not too happy about Gurren Lagann, either.

Raxus

A lot of us been saying this forever. What's the next prewatch block show on the way out?

Valvrave (did we book the other half hour yet?), Fate/Zero, Steins;Gate, DtB, than Jojo I believe.

Honestly? I wouldn't put either TTGL or FMP on the preblock. They are definite Toonami type shows that will happen if they can work it out.

TTGL already aired on TV and I don't know if or when they will acquire it. There is so much new anime that when a spot DOES open up that it will only be buried further down the pile. I think Attack on Titan is the only safe bet at the moment to air on Toonami next.

TTGL already aired on TV and I don't know if or when they will acquire it. There is so much new anime that when a spot DOES open up that it will only be buried further down the pile. I think Attack on Titan is the only safe bet at the moment to air on Toonami next.

well, Aniplex doesn't have a whole lot to choose from honestly if Toonami continues their relationship with them. that could obviously change in the future, but right now Gurren Lagann seems to me like a distinct possibility. if we're gonna talk about safe bets, i really think we should be going with shows that are safe bets for not showing up on Toonami. comedies, action shows that have some limiting factors, unlicensed shows, that sort of thing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hrm. So you guys honestly believe we'll get FMP. I see.

I've been predicting shows distributed by Funimation on a simple but effective criteria.

1. Is it actiony?
2. Does it air on The Funimation Channel (i.e. is it really cheap to get the US airing rights for, Funimation Channel never aired anything expensive like One Piece even when it was dormant)
3. Is it any good?

The shows that fit this criteria that have come to Toonami were Soul Eater, Casshern, Black Lagoon, Samurai Seven. The other likely ones are Darker Than Black, FMP, and Fairy Tail.

YYH is also curiously enough on the funimation channel...

Crocodile

I'm not sure if I'll be around for this weekend's pre-block (depends on if my ride for an event flakes or not) but I haven't heard from kayos in a while. Was he hosting one this weekend?

I've been predicting shows distributed by Funimation on a simple but effective criteria.

1. Is it actiony?
2. Does it air on The Funimation Channel (i.e. is it really cheap to get the US airing rights for, Funimation Channel never aired anything expensive like One Piece even when it was dormant)
3. Is it any good?

The shows that fit this criteria that have come to Toonami were Soul Eater, Casshern, Black Lagoon, Samurai Seven. The other likely ones are Darker Than Black, FMP, and Fairy Tail.

Quite a system you got there. Very impressive.

It'd be absolutely perfect for the block. I'd be shocked if they never even considered it.
I can see how it'd be a good fit for the block.

1. Is it actiony?
3. Is it any good?

I'd rather they get Hakusho, Full Metal Panic and Darker Than Black than Fairy Tail

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Deadman Wonderland also aired on Funimation though it was directly after the Toonami airing.

EDIT: The only show on Funimation Channel that scares me is E7:AO...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom