• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine the next Aniplex dub Toonami gets will be Magi when Blue Exorcist ends. They seem to like pushing there newish anime to push their over priced dvds.

bigkrev

I imagine the next Aniplex dub Toonami gets will be Magi when Blue Exorcist ends. They seem to like pushing there newish anime to push their over priced dvds.

....checks prices

SAO is 50(!) dollars for seven episodes on DVD
Durarara is 50 dollars for 9 episodes on DVD and 200(!!) dollars for the whole series on Bluray

What is this, 2003?
Even HBO doesn't charge this much for their DVDs anymore

Raxus

....checks prices

SAO is 50(!) dollars for seven episodes on DVD
Durarara is 50 dollars for 9 episodes on DVD and 200(!!) dollars for the whole series on Bluray

What is this, 2003?
Even HBO doesn't charge this much for their DVDs anymore

I got 13 episodes of Game of Thrones for 40-50 bucks. Granted they were slightly older seasons but the Aniplex stuff is highway robbery. It would be nice if there was a digital method to purchase episodes as well. I have been debating buying the One Piece East Blue/Baroque Works collections since they are fairly priced.

BTW TTGL is on SALE as well at 550.

bigkrev

At no point should buying your show a-la-carte per episode digitally be cheaper than buying the disc. Not anymore. If you are charging more than 2 dollars per episode of SDTV or 3 dollars per episode of HDTV content, you deserve to go out of business.

toonami should pick up Golgo 13. Everyone needa a little Duke togo

tumblr_mqhmj45EyH1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

I've always wondered why Richard doesn't recognize a young Jimmy. I mean, with Rachel it's understandable since people have trouble remembering things from their childhood, but Richard was an adult and Jimmy was Rachel's childhood friend. Parents/adults just don't forget these things.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've always wondered why Richard doesn't recognize a young Jimmy. I mean, with Rachel it's understandable since people have trouble remembering things from their childhood, but Richard was an adult and Jimmy was Rachel's childhood friend. Parents/adults just don't forget these things.

Maybe he was boozed up the whole time! Maybe he's a shitty detective/even shittier father.

Mature

I'd say there's a few reasonable explanations. The most obvious being that Richard is pretty self-absorbed. If something doesn't have to do with himself or Rachael, then he generally doesn't have much to say about it. Though that's not to say Richard hasn't been completely without his suspicions. If you remember, Vivian did dispel any suspicion Rachael had by explaining that they were distant relatives. Though in general, if a kid did have an uncanny resemblance to someone else when they were younger, what sort of conclusions would you draw? I think most people would write it off because the default response isn't "They must be the same person".

Maybe he was boozed up the whole time! Maybe he's a shitty detective/even shittier father.
You can call him a shitty detective (and he's probably become more complacent with cases being solved for him), but he is by no means a shitty father.

I'd say there's a few reasonable explanations. The most obvious being that Richard is pretty self-absorbed. If something doesn't have to do with himself or Rachael, then he generally doesn't have much to say about it. Though that's not to say Richard hasn't been completely without his suspicions. If you remember, Vivian did dispel any suspicion Rachael had by explaining that they were distant relatives. Though in general, if a kid did have an uncanny resemblance to someone else when they were younger, what sort of conclusions would you draw? I think most people would write it off because the default response isn't "They must be the same person".
Hahah I guess that's true. If I started accusing children of being young versions of people I know, they'd send me to the looney bin.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jimmy looked that way right around the time his wife left him, right? He was probably preoccupied.

Rachael flat out knows and if it wasn't for various Superman like excuses would be completely clued in.

pirata

I forced myself to watch three episodes of KLK due to the Gurren Lagann pedigree but had to stop, because I felt embarrassed just watching it. I just can't handle all of that gross otaku-bait.

bigkrev

I'm no comic expert, but isn't Lex Luthor supposed to be a pretty big and intimidating guy?

The complete opposite, actually. That's why whenever they make a Videogame, they put him in a giant suit of armor because no one would want to play as skinny and small lex

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The complete opposite, actually. That's why whenever they make a Videogame, they put him in a giant suit of armor because no one would want to play as skinny and small lex

Nah he's usually tall and fairly well muscled. His problem is that he's a human, not even a batman/captain america/iron fist/every other superhero that's human human.

It also doesn't help that he has to go against the most op superhero of all time which is why he is often depicted as Iron Man without a helmet when he fights.

I'm no comic expert, but isn't Lex Luthor supposed to be a pretty big and intimidating guy?
Ever watch Smallville? Rosenbaum doesn't exactly make you piss your pants but he was still pretty great. Though Lex is bald. Maybe this is young Lex. Before baldness got his hands on him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hahah I guess that's true. If I started accusing children of being young versions of people I know, they'd send me to the looney bin.

For real, even with this Ran more or less guessed what happened at one point. The only reason he hasn't been caught yet is due to how crazy a thing it is to believe.

bigkrev

Nah he's usually tall and fairly well muscled. His problem is that he's a human, not even a batman/captain america/iron fist/every other superhero that's human human.

It also doesn't help that he has to go against the most op superhero of all time which is why he is often depicted as Iron Man without a helmet when he fights.

Fair enough. I can't claim I ready DC books- hell, with Young Avengers ending and no good Punisher book, all i'm reading is Hawkeye these days

Mature

For real, even with this Ran more or less guessed what happened at one point. The only reason he hasn't been caught yet is due to how crazy a thing it is to believe.
Well, you have to give a little bit of credit to the ingenuity of the characters within! First off...
between the alcohol that made him grow and the temporary remedy Ai made for the APTX, she's seen him as an adult before. What's crazier than thinking is a kid is a shrunk down adult? Thinking that a kid is turning to a kid to an adult and back to a kid again. And then let's not forget that "Conan" and "Jimmy" have been in the same place at the same time before. With Ai using the help of Vivian to disguise as Conan while Jimmy was himself. And with Kid Kaito disguised as Jimmy while Jimmy was still as Conan.
All of this being said, there's a part of me that believes she knows. Or maybe she believes in her heart that she can't ask and trusts him, so she continues to lie to herself and believe it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well, you have to give a little bit of credit to the ingenuity of the characters within! First off...
between the alcohol that made him grow and the temporary remedy Ai made for the APTX, she's seen him as an adult before. What's crazier than thinking is a kid is a shrunk down adult? Thinking that a kid is turning to a kid to an adult and back to a kid again. And then let's not forget that "Conan" and "Jimmy" have been in the same place at the same time before. With Ai using the help of Vivian to disguise as Conan while Jimmy was himself. And with Kid Kaito disguised as Jimmy while Jimmy was still as Conan.
All of this being said, there's a part of me that believes she knows. Or maybe she believes in her heart that she can't ask and trusts him, so she continues to lie to herself and believe it.

I agree, even with all the smoke and mirrors she has been on the verge multiple times. Odds are she does know by this point, but just won't confront him about it.

So what will end first One Piece or Conan?

Probably Conan, the Black Organization plot has been moving along nicely in the background for the last few months but it's still probably a number of years away from ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom