• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very vivid memory of watching inuyasha in 2004 in a hotel room "late at night "( I was 11 and the 1 or 2 o clock time was actually late for me then , I also wasn't supposed to be watching adult swim )

MikeMyers

Palutena is one year older than me yet is currently graduating Uni while I'll only be graduating Community College next year.

iMJmewENY3ldm.gif

Tenumi

Banned
I graduated High School in 2008... can't believe this May will mark 6 years since then. Also 6 years since I won the laptop I'm typing this post on.

Amikami

Banned
So I finally got around to starting Kill La Kill.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!
First minute had me laughing my ass off. The show practically blew my mind before minute 4. By the end of it and I'm just...SPEECHLESS. Just from that first episode I don't know if that'll ever reach Toonami, but that was amazing. Comedy, action, music, animation, art. It's all incredible. Please tell me it's always this good. Can't wait to watch more.

I feel it has a lot of flaws if not moments of genuine discomfort, but it is an entertaining dumb show if you don't think about it too much . I probably had loftier expectations though.

Amikami

Banned
Gurren Lagann is better overall imo, but KLK definitely has an upward trejectory to it

Great news for me because that's another show on my to watch list.

I feel it has a lot of flaws if not moments of genuine discomfort, but it is an entertaining dumb show if you don't think about it too much . I probably had loftier expectations though.

Yeah. I can definitely foresee it getting more and more uncomfortable and yeah its one of those mindless shows but a lot of fun, or at least the first episode was for me.

I'm glad for the opinions so I can get my initial excitement in hand.

Branduil

I can beat that.
Kochikame, Golgo 13, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Look up those three, they're all still going to this day.

That's true, although with Berserk, it's supposedly a serialized story with a clear beginning, middle, and end, that hasn't ended yet.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I graduated High School in 2008... can't believe this May will mark 6 years since then. Also 6 years since I won the laptop I'm typing this post on.

I graduated highschool in 2010, its almost been 4 years....oh god! OH GOD!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That's true, although with Berserk, it's supposedly a serialized story with a clear beginning, middle, and end, that hasn't ended yet.

True, but Berserk's longevity is also due to Miura only putting out like 3 chapters a year at most. Hence the comparisons to Togashi and Hunter x Hunter.

Black lagoon was done by the studio behind casherin

Madhouse, one of the best studios out there.
They also gave us Summer Wars, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Hajime no Ippo, Hunter x Hunter 2011, and so many more.

True, but Berserk's longevity is also due to Miura only putting out like 3 chapters a year at most. Hence the comparisons to Togashi and Hunter x Hunter.

They also gave us Summer Wars, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Hajime no Ippo, Hunter x Hunter 2011, and so many more.

To be fair in the beginning when chapters were 100 pages long I could get behind 2-4 a year

foxuzamaki

So I finally got around to starting Kill La Kill.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!
First minute had me laughing my ass off. The show practically blew my mind before minute 4. By the end of it and I'm just...SPEECHLESS. Just from that first episode I don't know if that'll ever reach Toonami, but that was amazing. Comedy, action, music, animation, art. It's all incredible. Please tell me it's always this good. Can't wait to watch more.

Just know that everybody gets naked, theres no discrimination fanservice here, EVERYONE gets naked and the show doesnt give a fuck.

foxuzamaki

So madhouse is stuck between animating a manga that refuses to continue, and waiting up to 4 years to animate a manga that will never end
although season 2 and 3 are byva different studio I heard

Amikami

Banned
Just know that everybody gets naked, theres no discrimination fanservice here, EVERYONE gets naked and the show doesnt give a fuck.

Yeah. Being "exposed" feels like THE joke of the show and its interesting to see and hear it's not fixed on a single gender. Don't see that often.
I'm imagining everyone getting stripped of their clothes when they lose. lol So far, I'm pretty sure the "real"naked count is actually Men - 2 and Ladies - 0. Just some skimpy suits so far but eh, I'll count it as 1, n-not that I'm keeping count or anything.

foxuzamaki

Yeah. Being "exposed" feels like THE joke of the show and its interesting to see and hear it's not fixed on a single gender. Don't see that often.
I'm imagining everyone getting stripped of their clothes when they lose. lol So far, I'm pretty sure the "real"naked count is actually Men - 2 and Ladies - 0. Just some skimpy suits so far but eh, I'll count it as 1, n-not that I'm keeping count or anything.

haha

Levyne

Banned
What is Kill last Kill even about anyways it seems like distilled crazy masquerading as a cartoon, going by how my twitter feed reacts to each episode.

Raxus

Good luck keeping that counter man. LOL. So many nekkid people in that anime.

Keep posting your impressions. I feel, like GL, it has a fantastic opening before hitting a rough patch. After the rough patch everything else is gravy. Overall if it keeps it's trajectory I think I'd rank KlK up with TTGL. They certainly seem to be setting up for that crazy finale.

foxuzamaki

At this point I'm wondering if SSB4 has cut anyone besides maybe Snake.

Sakurai said he wants to not cut anyone at all because he knows every character has a fanbase and they would hate to see their favorite character cut and if he ends up cutting someone that he apologizes in advanced. the only thing you shouldnt get your hopes up for are the cut characters from melee baring mewtwo.

foxuzamaki

I discovered both in 2004 by way of the anime after I had a hard drive fail, keeping me from playing FFXI. I was in my third year of college.

I think you beat out levyne, you're now our sage of the group, wise but have shonen logic so your technically stronger than all of us combined.

I don't see why R.O.B wouldnt be back its classic like game and watch which was brought back in brawl. but really I just want new characters (and awesome new icons for when they make smash icon pins)

Amikami

Banned
Good luck keeping that counter man. LOL. So many nekkid people in that anime.

Keep posting your impressions. I feel, like GL, it has a fantastic opening before hitting a rough patch. After the rough patch everything else is gravy. Overall if it keeps it's trajectory I think I'd rank KlK up with TTGL. They certainly seem to be setting up for that crazy finale.

Yeah. I'll post impressions. And challenge accepted. I'm officially going to keep track of how many naked/nearly naked encounters there are, you know, for scientific reasons.

Jintor

Kojima himself will announce Punished Snake for SSBWiiU. Phantom Pain Wii U to be revealed in the same trailer, disguised as a Metroid game.

Kamiya cameos at the end of the reveal video, but only to show off his Bayonetta glasses and then give a Wonderful 101 thumbs-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom