• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb15| Giraffes are awesome, I love giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how adult swim shows past 3am are doing

h3wbkBy.jpg

Tenumi

Banned
DeMarco said on his ask.fm that he likes the block shorter anyway.

Which I don't disagree with.

I honestly like a shorter block too, to be honest. Makes me more likely to stay up and watch everything.

Seriously, I'll show up this weekend! I mean it this time!

ckohler

Those ratings seem good to me. Almost double million. No steep declines either. Just a gradual slope more likely due to people falling asleep than quality of the programming.

Crocodile

DeMarco said on his ask.fm that he likes the block shorter anyway.

Which I don't disagree with.

iraqi-information-minister.jpg

I honestly like a shorter block too, to be honest. Makes me more likely to stay up and watch everything.

Seriously, I'll show up this weekend! I mean it this time!

Why does it matter if you can't stay up to watch everything? Just stick around to watch what you can/want to watch. Just because you have to/want to turn in at 3:30 doesn't mean everybody does too :p

Moaradin

Kaneki sounds fine to me. Not sure why he has to sound exactly like his Japanese VO. I need to hear more of him when he isn't in emo mode.

Not too terrible but not great either. Kill La Kill is an issue but we'll see if this is a trend.
Yeah, It definitely sounds like Toonami is gonna stick with the shortened block for quite some time.
Two minute latency between Sling TV and live TV.

xgL4eSV.gif
Eh. It could always be worse. Still sucks that your comments will be delayed.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Things change but I'll echo the chorus, those are not the hours I want to see Toonami expand towards anyway. Much more important is the reclamation of 11:30 PM.

Yep, expanding forward is far more important than backwards. The backhalf was all repeats that DeMarco and co could scrounge up for free, it couldn't have been an easy process. I'd rather they just focus on new content because short of replaying Inuyasha forever and ever in the back half, nothing would bring in better ratings than the comedy repeats (which have basically tied the old Toonami numbers for that timeslot).

So this dub block from funimation is kind of a bust. Its not actually a dub block they're just uploading the 3 episodes back to back on their website. The only part that has any kind of group watch element to it is the dubbie talk at 9:30.

So this dub block from funimation is kind of a bust. Its not actually a dub block they're just uploading the 3 episodes back to back on their website. The only part that has any kind of group watch element to it is the dubbie talk at 9:30.

I thought everyone knew this.....it was like this last time.

I thought everyone knew this.....it was like this last time.

Last time they didn't upload the simul dubs on the same day IIRC. I thought they were making a big deal out of this being a block of simuldubbed anime when it's really them just uploading their simuldubs at the same time.

Either way Assassination Classroom dub is fantastic, dunno if I'll watch Death Parade tonight or not.

They should have an exclusive stream for the broadcast dubs on their website for All-Access users.

Or do they already have something like that?

Nope the only thing that is being streamed is dubbie talk at 9:30, and AFAIK you don't even need a free funi account to watch that since it's on twitch.

Articalys

To bring to your attention: Jason DeMarco will be the guest on ANN's podcast next week. You can submit questions for the show in the podcast's thread on the ANN forums here, or I think you can just tweet them @ANNZac too.

...I'm not sure if he'll have too much new to say since the Toonami Faithful podcast which was just a couple weeks ago, but you never know. The only real change since then was SAO II getting confirmed anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom