• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also
R4RihaT.gif

The main character's design (and who voices him) got me to watch that first episode. What a strange experience...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
tomatoes

edit: Okay, a somewhat serious response. Big O definitely goes to some weird, weird places. The later parts are strange and don't fit together as well as it could, but I certainly still enjoyed it. And yes, Schwarzvald is the best. My favorite episodes are seriously the ones with Beck, though.

In fairness, they were planning on a 3rd season that never happened.

Dragon Ball Z: Episode of Bardock

You know, they really should have ended Bardock's story with his death in the special because this should not exist.

I'm not going to lie, this one was a real turd. It's bad enough that it completely misses the point of Bardock's character but everything about this OVA has no real rhyme or reason behind it. Why did Frieza's death ball send Bardock thousands of years into the past instead of killing him? Why did it send him back to the exact same time Frieza's ancestor decided to conquer the planet? Where did Bardock's psychic powers go? Did the death ball erase that alongside planet Vegeta? Why did Bardock feel some sort of connection with the purple people despite only having like 3 unnoteworthy moments with them? Why is Bardock the Legendary Super Saiyan? My guess is that because the writers needed a reason to shoehorn Frieza's dialogue about the Legendary Super Saiyan in the beginning.

This just sucked. Nothing about this was any good, save for its animation and mercyfully short run time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0JME7eodTk

Because this needed to exist thats why. TFS's explanation for it is well done.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0JME7eodTk

Because this needed to exist thats why. TFS's explanation for it is well done.

Everything about this is so great.
The Kermit voices, the rapper names, the Whoville song, Bardock breaking the fourth wall, and the reveal that it's Goku telling a story (and then that it was Gohan's dream of Goku telling him a story). It's the best explanation for how stupid the original special was.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That's nowhere near maximum Toriyama-ism, like Bloomers, Lunch and Pan.

Toriyama's bizarre naming always reminds me that localization isn't a bad thing despite what some weebs scream.
Take Ozzie, Flea, and Slash from Chrono Trigger. In Japanese they're called Vinegar, Mayonne, and Soyso. Based on condiments.

So normally I wouldn't shill for a thread in the gaming side, but check out that Metroid thread, if you're a big fan of the Metroid Prime games.

Because it's hype as fuck.

Goddammit, I want another Metroid Prime game now.

Mizerman

No worries. I'm right here.

You lie!

That's nowhere near maximum Toriyama-ism, like Bloomers, Lunch and Pan.

Toriyama's bizarre naming always reminds me that localization isn't a bad thing despite what some weebs scream.
Take Ozzie, Flea, and Slash from Chrono Trigger. In Japanese they're called Vinegar, Mayonne, and Soyso. Based on condiments.

At least it's not like Gundam. Those names are strange...

Line_HTX

Series is apparently garbage so I haven't at he'd it, but I'm fascinated by the passion people have towards Slaine, both positively and negatively. Still don't know why people hate him!

Unlike Rossiu who's intentions do not fit in his world and learned to not be an idiot anymore, Slaine is beyond redemption and eventually
gets reduced to becoming Magneto imprisoned forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom