• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like anime!

Anime lovers? Around here?

N51e3569102583.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, & it's hard to say if we'll actually hear them this time around due to the fact you can get away with more swears on TV nowadays.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yup, & it's hard to say if we'll actually hear them this time around due to the fact you can get away with more swears on TV nowadays.

First episode had an uncensored "shit".
Unless someone says "fuck", then expect this to be different from the original ASA airing.

Seda

The first episode had "piece of shit" which was uncensored.

From what has aired on Toonami, sees like the only spoken words that are bleeped are 'fuck' or 'cock'.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, there was originally a censor in the first episode, but as we heard/saw, they were able to get away with it this time around in this day & age of TV.

There's only one episode that comes to mind where I would imagine they'll keep the blurs, but that's it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The first episode had "piece of shit" which was uncensored.

From what has aired on Toonami, sees like the only spoken words that are bleeped are 'fuck' or 'cock'.

For the latter, I'm not sure if it's just "cock" by itself or "cocksucker".

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You'd think the FCC would have some kind of list of words that has to be censored on network TV, but no, it's rather hard to find an up-to-date list.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The FCC has no authority when it comes to cable (at least as far as obscene content goes). It's all just Turner's internal standards and practices.

Grexeno

Regarding the ToonamiGAF Awards podcast, I'll be making up a detailed post regarding it on Saturday, including a full text winner list and timestamps.

Line_HTX

I wonder if AS would have done as well on another of Turner's channels. Like that they could cuss and whatnot.

Probably not.

Hmm... before even Shit got bleeped out, and I remember the birth of ASA when Yusuke was calling out Hiei in YYH, he was like "COME ON OUT! I'M GONNA KICK YOUR bleep!" I think Turner did soften up on late night after many years, lol

I don't understand TUSR anymore.

Before it seemed like he liked SAO, now he doesn't.

I need predictability in my relationships here guys.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Probably not.

Hmm... before even Shit got bleeped out, and I remember the birth of ASA when Yusuke was calling out Hiei in YYH, he was like "COME ON OUT! I'M GONNA KICK YOUR bleep!" I think Turner did soften up on late night after many years, lol

They had a tough time deciding where to put YYH. It started on the Saturday Action Anime block, moved to weekday night anime block, then they slotted it in as DBZ's replacement so CN's edit standards for the show is all over the place.

AS and CN started going nuts with the censorship after 9/11, so anything released in 2002-2004 was definitely affected.

BBboy20

That's going to happen, not every show is ultra-hype or an amazing trainwreck.
And I'm afraid my friend will like that too.

Confession: I just found out I've been mixing Adam Hughes with Alex Ross but now I'm paying attention to their differences.

Raxus

Production delays in an anime whose last season was rife with production delays. I am shocked.

2016 is already shaping up to be the year of nightmares after the year of dreams.

Production delays in an anime whose last season was rife with production delays. I am shocked.

2016 is already shaping up to be the year of nightmares after the year of dreams.

Apparently it more has to do with wanting the manga arc to finish first if you want to believe that, it does make a bit of sense considering whats happening currently in the manga. They could pull a seraph of the end and have the anime spoil the upcoming manga chapters but aot sells way too well to let that happen

Line_HTX

Apparently it more has to do with wanting the manga arc to finish first if you want to believe that, it does make a bit of sense considering whats happening currently in the manga. They could pull a seraph of the end and have the anime spoil the upcoming manga chapters but aot sells way too well to let that happen

They what?! You can do that?

I've still yet to watch Seraph though.

Spring is packed. It's pretty ridiculous.

We got -

Bungou Stray Dogs
My Hero Academia
Diamond is Unbreakable
Ace Attorney
Joker Game
Flying Witch
and now Sakamoto desu ga?

Those will all probably turn out good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom