• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Unfortunately I was never too acquainted with David Bowie and I'm not very familiar with his work, but hearing/seeing the news and reaction still gives a powerful vibe. Even though we all know all people are mortal, it's not easy seeing these inspiring figures pass on.

Line_HTX

Where are the timestamps to the start of each category?

There should at least be the marker when y'all start The Worst Moment, lol

Seda

Where are the timestamps to the start of each category?

There should at least be the marker when y'all start The Worst Moment, lol

I think somebody is going to make a winner post eventually if you just want the results but at the moment just gotta navigate a blind 4 hour track ;p

Unfortunately I was never too acquainted with David Bowie and I'm not very familiar with his work, but hearing/seeing the news and reaction still gives a powerful vibe. Even though we all know all people are mortal, it's not easy seeing these inspiring figures pass on.

Not the biggest fan of Bowie but I have heard his music from time to time, especially when I'm out with folks hitting karaoke bars. He was also in some of my fav forms of media whether it's Labyrinth, The Venture Bros., Alan Wake...

So yeah I'm definitely sad but also happy he got to release his last piece of work and can finally rest.

Soulflarz

Banned
I think somebody is going to make a winner post eventually if you just want the results but at the moment just gotta navigate a blind 4 hour track ;p

FINE ILL DO IT AS I GO :V
Im only 20m in
Pharos (ff12) might make me pass out though

Best Opening: Inyuasha FA "A Future Without You." 0m-29m53s
Best Promo: Get Busy Living 29m53s-43m1s
Best Soundtrack: Gurren Lagann 43m1s-52m10s~
Worst Moment: Momocon Q&A Panel 52m10s-1hr15m
Best Moment: 1hr15m-

Soulflarz

Banned
FINE ILL DO IT AS I GO :V
Im only 20m in
Pharos (ff12) might make me pass out though

Best Opening: Inyuasha FA "A Future Without You." 0m-29m53s
Best Promo: Get Busy Living 29m53s-43m1s
Best Soundtrack: Gurren Lagann 43m1s-52m10s~
Worst Moment: Momocon Q&A Panel 52m10s-1hr15m
Best Moment: 1hr15m-

stopped 1hr 28m in
someone pick up there
thanks

:V

someone kept tapping a hard surface during the podcast

"Tapping."

giphy.gif

I loved the TOMMYs Award Show with the Toonami Show Rundown but this ToonamiGaf one is a little hard to get through because everytime someone tries to talk everyone else immediately starts talking over someone else. I think there needs to be more waiting for someone to finish a thought going on here.

That part where that one guy just would not let Steven talk when he was trying to explain his position on Wave was a little annoying.

And that village Vegeta killed never got brought back to life. They outright confirm that because they only wished for people killed by Frieza and his henchman back to life and Vegeta very clearly detracted from Frieza.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I hope other Midwest members are staying warm. We're suffering below zero temperatures right now. Around -19 windchill. I am not going anywhere today.

So I like my college classes in the morning, because it then frees up the rest of my day.

But maybe I've overestimated my ability to cope when freezing.

Also
R4RihaT.gif

TUSR

Banned
I couldn't make it more than 20 minutes into the podcast because of people talking over one another and the incessant tapping.

Line_HTX

I couldn't make it more than 20 minutes into the podcast because of people talking over one another and the incessant tapping.

I want to say it came from Grexeno, but it was difficult to tell from the crosstalk overlap.

Besides, I was only skipping around to find what I wanted instead of listening through from the beginning.

:p

Raxus

Note to self, never put yourself out there ever again.

As far as Ass cave missing the cut. I distinctly remember several people fighting for it but there is just so much awful in SAO II we had to make some hard cuts and there were moments that straight up ruined storylines.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I wish I had been able to make the podcast, it sounds like it was a lot of fun.

I just listened to it and with the music videos, you're basically watching and listening to an highly expensive eulogy...jesus...

It's just not fair man. Fuck cancer :(

Line_HTX

Note to self, never put yourself out there ever again.

As far as Ass cave missing the cut. I distinctly remember several people fighting for it but there is just so much awful in SAO II we had to make some hard cuts and there were moments that straight up ruined storylines.

Oh, you sounded fine. I think you and Imperial did pretty well from what I could tell.

TUSR

Banned
there was nothing wrong with the podcast from the panel

its just the format could have used some work

dont be afraid 2 be urselves

If I've learned one thing in my life, it's that I should never be myself.

I should be quiet and reserved in the company of others.

Also, I'm curious what everyone is thinking of Parasyte.

We're around half way through the series, and people seem pretty quiet when it's actually on.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They're too engrossed with the show to say anything. It's just that entertaining.

Also uuuggghhhh $600+ to fix a fuel leak & the car place didn't even look at the heating. I can afford it but that's a huge blow to my wallet & my E3 budget.

I hope other Midwest members are staying warm. We're suffering below zero temperatures right now. Around -19 windchill. I am not going anywhere today.
Here in Michigan, it wasn't even 7 p.m. yesterday before school was cancelled due to the roads. I remember last year, I had to leave college when it was around freakin' NEGATIVE 20*F. I'm hoping we won't have to experience anywhere near that temp this year.

The Big O

Oh man, Big O. I...really do not know what to think of this show.

Big O...goes some places. Some weird, post-modern places. The second half of the show, and especially the last few episodes are just weird. Normally I would be into that sort of thing, but I'm not sure it benefited the show. I think I would have preferred it if all the Rosewater, Union, Megedues and Dominus, Metropolis stuff didn't end up being the main story, and if the main antagonist was Schwarzvald, who I found to be the perfect foil to Roger.

I don't really have much to say about Big O. I enjoyed it, but the direction it ended up taking didn't really seem fitting to me or representing of what I liked about the show. I'm glad I watched it, though.

Seda

tomatoes

edit: Okay, a somewhat serious response. Big O definitely goes to some weird, weird places. The later parts are strange and don't fit together as well as it could, but I certainly still enjoyed it. And yes, Schwarzvald is the best. My favorite episodes are seriously the ones with Beck, though.

Seda

shampoo is pretty good. supposedly you're not really supposed to use it every day, but my hair is at the point where it gets oily if I don't wash it so I have to use it daily.

bigkrev

shampoo is pretty good. supposedly you're not really supposed to use it every day, but my hair is at the point where it gets oily if I don't wash it so I have to use it daily.

I hope the fact that I shampoo multiple times most days won't lead to me loosing my hair or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom