• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
UGH, I KNOW.

A Nisekoi background? Unsubscribing!

I might watch it, but I've heard you need to watch it in segments so the whole joke dub doesn't wear out its welcome. Though that Youtube clip show is still very funny at times

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
or they'll cop out & go with the harem route. Either way how the hell has that series lasted freakin' 200 chapters. Furthermore, WHY HAVE I READ THEM ALL.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
or they'll cop out & go with the harem route. Either way how the hell has that series lasted freakin' 200 chapters. Furthermore, WHY HAVE I READ THEM ALL.

When your first, much better series, is cancelled since Japan has no taste, you hang on for dear life when you get a series that's popular.

Line_HTX

To be honest, I have no clue why the Crunchyroll Twitter background has Nisekoi. They could've had a different and possibly better looking background, like SNAFU.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Actually, I just remembered. In the Ghost Stories dub, the VA who plays the god-obsessed girl is Monica Rial....who would later voice Stocking in Panty & Stocking and swear to no end telling other to repent.

TUSR

Banned
To be honest, I have no clue why the Crunchyroll Twitter background has Nisekoi. They could've had a different and possibly better looking background, like SNAFU.
They had contests for who is the best Nisekoi girl and there was a big response from the community.
Gotta know and play up to your customers.

Line_HTX

Actually, I just remembered. In the Ghost Stories dub, the VA who plays the god-obsessed girl is Monica Rial....who would later voice Stocking in Panty & Stocking and swear to no end telling other to repent.

There was a moment where when Stocking laughed, it sounded exactly like Renge's laugh in Ouran High. I thought that was pretty funny.

They had contests for who is the best Nisekoi girl and there was a big response from the community.
Gotta know and play up to your customers.

Imagine if most of them liked Amagami instead... lol

Nisekoi's problem was that it wasn't funny enough to make viewers forget the romantic plot will never really advance.

At least not till the end where Chitoge inevitably wins.

Oh well, maybe these two will get together before that.
JyROop6.jpg

When your minor characters are more interesting/funny than your main ones, that's kind of a problem.

Yeah. That's a big problem a lot of shonen suffer from.

Also whenever Puruzi makes a comment I just kind of stare at his avatar.
image.php

Girls can like lewd things too.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well to be fair, Bakuman was a manga about making manga for Shonen Jump so it could get turned into an anime.

...........which then got turned into an anime about making manga for Shonen Jump so it could get turned into an anime.

So in the current naruto filler arc, it's basically the entire series all over again, only slightly different.

But they somehow found a way to make Sasuke even more of an asshole.

I guess the curse of hatred travels through multiple dimensions, because the Uchiha are always a bunch of assholes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
And how many of those romanve mangas were a success?
Does making it into a Jump cross-over game = "success"? Because I recall both I"S & Ichigo 100% were represented in the Jump Super/Ultimate Stars games, even if they were just support or help.

Also remember Shonen Jump ran Hikaru no Go, based on a board game.

Does making it into a Jump cross-over game = "success"? Because I recall both I"S & Ichigo 100% were represented in the Jump Super/Ultimate Stars games, even if they were just support or help.

Also remember Shonen Jump ran Hikaru no Go, based on a board game.
Selling books, man. From a quick glance on google, Nisekoi seems the longest running and most successful so far. And according to you guys, it sucks.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Uhh, your point? Shitty things can sell and run long. Like half the shit in WSJ.

Most of Naruto and Bleach for example
Black Clover doing a good job in the magazine rankings (it got fucking second place this week behind One Piece)
Also that Samon the Summoner crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom