• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAO Age of Ultra AIDS.

Okay, it's scary how TUSR and I have started to post in unison...

...wait, this means he'd be the ideal partner if we ever get trapped in an MMO!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So a new DBZ game was confirmed for 3DS, Project Fusion, and it shows a pic of Goku & Broly doing a fusion.

Gokuly? Broku?

Bring Shirayukihime to Toonami.
DZdZeZo.jpg
That way we have just pages of people going awwwwww.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thanks to Puzuri's avatar, I will never look at eyebrows or bread dough the same way again.

inb4 FLCL "what about eyebrows" reference

shirayukihime sucks

star driver for toonami

First, no you.

Also doesn't Star Diver go completely off the tracks at the end?

I liked Age of Ultron, but it's Sword Art Online, so no.

My guess is that Kayaba's mind is going to escape the internet in a robot.

But Kayaba will still be a hero at the end.

It will be revealed he was fighting for an underprivileged class in the process of destroying society.

Puruzi

Banned
First, no you.

Also doesn't Star Diver go completely off the tracks at the end?

I don't remember everything about star driver, but what I do remember is that almost every single episode had a really fucking cool fight scene and it was insanely well animated during the fights.

like Andrex, you won't be coming back :p

Nah once you get banned I'll be back for sure :p

And if you want to know the negativity that drove me out, look at this vary page. So many "thing you like is shit post/sucks" and not in an ironic way but in an extremely negative way. It doesn't promote any kind of meaningful discussion and just draws a line in the sand.

And if you want to know the negativity that drove me out, look at this vary page. So many "thing you like is shit post/sucks" and not in an ironic way but in an extremely negative way. It doesn't promote any kind of meaningful discussion and just draws a line in the sand.

Meaningful discussion gets the same complaints soooo

Grexeno

Just put Line, Lazybones, Puruzi, and TUSR on ignore.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think Bass' point is that there's a difference between "I didn't like thing for these reasons" & "THIS THING SUCKS, END OF POST".

Good example is that we gave reasons/discussed/analyzed why Akame ga Kill's characters weren't good & such yesterday. Meanwhile, on this page, it's just "THIS MOVIE SUCKED" and that's it. Not saying we need to do that for every single thing we talk about (i.e. I'm not expecting everyone to give a paragraph response as to why last week's One Piece wasn't good right after it airs), but it's more interesting to hear the reasoning behind the opinion & understand why someone would have that opinion.

Gonna go ahead and post the link their:
http://gematsu.com/2016/01/dragon-ball-project-fusion-rpg-announced-3ds

Well the concept sounds interesting at least but its an RPG soo...
This reminds me I should try that Attack of the Saiyans DS game, based on the footage I saw & it being made by Monolith Soft.

So the Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster is about to come out. (Yes, that's what they call it.)

So now everyone can step back into the exciting shoes of Rebecca Chambers and Billy Coen.

True fan favorites.
Join them as they fight giant bugs, and evil monkeys, and like most resident evil characters, never express any interest in banging.

In case the italics don't show it, I'm being sarcastic.

Crocodile

"SAO sucks, Age of Ultron sucks, Avengers sucks, Shirayukihime sucks"

I don't see anywhere where anyone has flamed someone else for something they like. The response Lazybones gave to you that you quoted was uncalled and deserves to be called out but otherwise, I don't see the issue. I'm sympathetic to your feelings but this page doesn't seem demonstrative of a major problem (aside from Lazybones being an ass sometimes)? I mean if people want to elaborate on their opinions that seems more than fine (though I think with stuff like SAO it would be repeating months old arguments) but the statements on this page don't seem to require it right now and I don't think you have to give a long form post every time you want to express an opinion. If challenged you should 100% be able to back up your words but I don't think failing to do so every single time is a problem. I mean, as an example, Puruzi shit talks Jojo all the time (just the first example that comes to mind, I'm not trying to call you out or throw shade on you Puruzi) but that's his prerogative and not once have I ever felt slighted. What am I missing that people have said to you?

Line_HTX

Thanks to Puzuri's avatar, I will never look at eyebrows or bread dough the same way again.

inb4 FLCL "what about eyebrows" reference

For the longest time when I watched FLCL for the first time, I really did not want to believe Commander Amarao's eyebrows were really those snacks you eat, until they fell off.

Also, there was a few frames where when Liutenant Kitsurubami saw Canti (?) and she screamed, and for some reason you could see something on top of the back of one of her teeth that was screaming also. Not sure if that was common in a lot of other Gainax shows.

I made a joke once that TUSR is definitely Gyaruko-chan because someone else had an Otako avatar, lol

I think Bass' point is that there's a difference between "I didn't like thing for these reasons" & "THIS THING SUCKS, END OF POST".

Good example is that we gave reasons/discussed/analyzed why Akame ga Kill's characters weren't good & such yesterday. Meanwhile, on this page, it's just "THIS MOVIE SUCKED" and that's it. Not saying we need to do that for every single thing we talk about (i.e. I'm not expecting everyone to give a paragraph response as to why last week's One Piece wasn't good right after it airs), but it's more interesting to hear the reasoning behind the opinion & understand why someone would have that opinion.

He didn't seem super pleased about our Akame ga Kill discussions, either.

I like Bass and would like him to return, but just saying "I QUIT" is gonna solve nothing whatsoever if there are problems in this community.

So the Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster is about to come out. (Yes, that's what they call it.)

So now everyone can step back into the exciting shoes of Rebecca Chambers and Billy Coen.

True fan favorites.
Join them as they fight giant bugs, and evil monkeys, and like most resident evil characters, never express any interest in banging.

I fully intended to play pre-4 Resident Evil games before I saw the giant spider on the back of the REmake box and said fuck that.

That anti-spider thread on gaming side was on to something.

BBboy20

honestly the best thing that happened to the franchise was yuuki
I actually have to agree.

People liked Age of Ultron?

I was sure the consensus was that it was the weakest Marvel movie since Iron Man 2
The consensus was that it was "Plotting Ahead: The Movie" and there's a reason why people are calling the next Captain America movie the "real" Avengers 2.

True fan favorites.

But...what about the Resident Evil 2 Hidden Photo Basketball costume?

I have it pre-loaded...and yet I need to play Dragon's Dogma like now.

Puruzi

Banned
"SAO sucks, Age of Ultron sucks, Avengers sucks, Shirayukihime sucks"

I don't see anywhere where anyone has flamed someone else for something they like. The response Lazybones gave to you that you quoted was uncalled and deserves to be called out but otherwise, I don't see the issue. I'm sympathetic to your feelings but this page doesn't seem demonstrative of a major problem (aside from Lazybones being an ass sometimes)? I mean if people want to elaborate on their opinions that seems more than fine (though I think with stuff like SAO it would be repeating months old arguments) but the statements on this page don't seem to require it right now and I don't think you have to give a long form post every time you want to express an opinion. If challenged you should 100% be able to back up your words but I don't think failing to do so every single time is a problem. I mean, as an example, Puruzi shit talks Jojo all the time (just the first example that comes to mind, I'm not trying to call you out or throw shade on you Puruzi) but that's his prerogative and not once have I ever felt slighted. What am I missing that people have said to you?

yeah well people talk shit about KLK all the time and I do feel slighted

He didn't seem super pleased about our Akame ga Kill discussions, either.

I like Bass and would like him to return, but just saying "I QUIT" is gonna solve nothing whatsoever if there are problems in this community.

I fully intended to play pre-4 Resident Evil games before I saw the giant spider on the back of the REmake box and said fuck that.

That anti-spider thread on gaming side was on to something.

I think there's a big difference between an "I QUIT" storm out post and saying "I need some time away I haven't enjoyed myself lately" and explaining why I haven't been enjoying myself in this community. The fact all you got out of my post the other night was "I QUIT" is slightly concerning as I spent quiet a bit of time Saturday attempting to articulate my feelings.

I think there's a big difference between an "I QUIT" storm out post and saying "I need some time away I haven't enjoyed myself lately" and explaining why I haven't been enjoying myself in this community. The fact all you got out of my post the other night was "I QUIT" is slightly concerning as I spent quiet a bit of time Saturday attempting to articulate my feelings.

"I QUIT" was the wrong wording, but I don't think it changes my point, and I'm not the only one here making that exact point, either, Bass; you talked about negativity, but nobody (including me) is sure what that's specifically supposed to mean because we can't actually think of any instances of what you said was the problem. You talked about personal attacks, but nobody is really sure what those were specifically. You came in today and said "this is what I mean," but there aren't any personal attacks here. And today you're talking about the lack of meaningful discussion, but the only time I can recall you actually voicing concern about some negativity was when people WERE having a meaningful discussion about Akame ga Kill. There's negativity here, sure, but the block isn't in a great place at the moment and I don't really see how the complaints about specific shows can be construed in a different light than what happened with Sword Art Online.

If you have problems with this community, I don't think this route is going to solve any of it.

Line_HTX

Hoping for an actual good, mechanical fighting game from an anime series is a lost cause.

I guess we'll always have that broken ass Fist of the North Star PS2 game, and the Capcom JJBA game.

Not even Dragonball Xenoverse? I mean quest conditions RNG aside, I thought it was very successful in all that it did and letting you pretty much be whoever you want and not let it follow the same formula as past DBZ games.

Edit: Saw Zonic's post and I'm shaking my head... -__-

Not even Dragonball Xenoverse? I mean quest conditions RNG aside, I thought it was very successful in all that it did and letting you pretty much be whoever you want and not let it follow the same formula as past DBZ games.

Edit: Saw Zonic's post and I'm shaking my head... -__-

I didn't like Xenoverse at all.

edit: if you think im hard on anime i'm 10x harder on games, so my opinion is probably out there on a lot of games

What about the Budokai games? they are some of DBZ's most talked about games and had a good fighting mechanic, though I felt 3 was when it really hit its perfected mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom