• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is my favorite DBZ game. The original Budokai games are fun.

Good to know, I liked BT3 too it was by far the best out of all those BT or BT-styled games.

Ever try Infinite World / Budokai 3.5 or the Shin Budokai games on the PSP? those games with their new added mechanics were fun as hell.

Good to know, I liked BT3 too it was by far the best out of all those BT or BT-styled games.

Ever try Infinite World / Budokai 3.5 or the Shin Budokai games on the PSP? those games with their new added mechanics were fun as hell.

I never tried IW but I did play the PSP games some. I don't remember enough about them.

I remember having fun with one of the 360 games...Burst Limit, I think. Not Raging Blast. Ok, maybe it was Raging Blast but not RB2...or something.

Whichever it was, I would always pick Freeza, Cell, Goku, Vegeta or others with tons of transformations, choose their first form and then level up constantly because it took forever and made my friend upset, lol

Crocodile

Some cool fanart to lighten the mood:

tumblr_nksrlkLxtH1qdyuyno2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nksrlkLxtH1qdyuyno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nkbb6bz7lv1qdyuyno2_1280.jpg

Artist's website is here

Line_HTX

Been thinking of what kind of action shows could theoretically fit on the Toonami block, and I realize that Macross Frontier was never localized. Such a shame, it's entertaining enough to have cool mecha CG spam shit with some slice of life stuff.

Puruzi

Banned
There was this DBZ game on Gamecube that I really liked, think it was called Sagas

Had loads of fun playing it with a friend that lived on the block, but I feel like if I play it now it won't hold up.

Been thinking of what kind of action shows could theoretically fit on the Toonami block, and I realize that Macross Frontier was never localized. Such a shame, it's entertaining enough to have cool mecha CG spam shit with some slice of life stuff.

Macross could actually be a good fit for Toonami if they pick the right show. The problem is that Harmony Gold are assholes.

Line_HTX

Macross could actually be a good fit for Toonami if they pick the right show. The problem is that Harmony Gold are assholes.

Man, so Harmony Gold is literally keeping it all in house and not giving the license out?

Macross on Toonami is the sneaky way of getting idol anime on Toonami

Bring the idol culture to US shores with Listen To Mah Song!

Having seen Macross Delta 0.89, at the moment Frontier is better looking. Plus, I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with group singing like im@s in that setting.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think the only DBZ game I played was Legacy of Goku on GBA & oh man it was terrible. Though I heard the major issues were fixed with the sequels.

.....actually, thinking about it, I wonder why Namco never did a DBZ Musou game. But then again, there really wouldn't be a lot of enemies that could be fodder like marines or pirates in the One Piece titles.

Man, so Harmony Gold is literally keeping it all in house and not giving the license out?

It's more like Harmony Gold is claiming they own a piece of land because they rented it for 3 years from the original owners (Bandai, Big West) Cousin (Tatsunoko) and every time the original owners try to rent out that piece of land to someone else, Harmony Gold flips their lid and threatens to sue anyone who dares to step a foot into it.

Obviously there's a bit more to this but that's the basic jist of it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's a lot of very good Dragonball games.

There's a lot of very shitty Dragonball games.

The best in my Book are BT2/BT3, Legacy of Goku II, and that dope Gamecube game.

Jarate

Banned
I had a lot of fun with Battle of Z actually

but the online was ruined by hackers

I annihilated people at that game though, there was some broken ass shit you could do

TUSR

Banned
I always had issues with DBZ fighting games because I cared about power levels too much.

Didn't stop me from playing the crap out of Budokai 2 with my buddies.

I think the only DBZ game I played was Legacy of Goku on GBA & oh man it was terrible. Though I heard the major issues were fixed with the sequels.

.....actually, thinking about it, I wonder why Namco never did a DBZ Musou game. But then again, there really wouldn't be a lot of enemies that could be fodder like marines or pirates in the One Piece titles.

I remember that game being really short

Jarate

Banned
When the fuck is Dragon ball Super getting a mutherfuckin dub

I do not want to deal with grandma Goku, but it's still crazy that it's 2016 and we still havent heard of a dub release for the show.

FUNIMATION SAVE ME PLEASE

I never tried IW but I did play the PSP games some. I don't remember enough about them.

I remember having fun with one of the 360 games...Burst Limit, I think. Not Raging Blast. Ok, maybe it was Raging Blast but not RB2...or something.

Whichever it was, I would always pick Freeza, Cell, Goku, Vegeta or others with tons of transformations, choose their first form and then level up constantly because it took forever and made my friend upset, lol

Try or buy Infinite World, its a Budokai title that closed out the PS2 era of DBZ games and was DIMPS's goodbye to Budokai in a sense. its basically more of Budokai 3 but with more characters, different kind of storymode then 3s and Shin Budokai mechanics thrown in for faster game play.

Burst Limit was supposed to be the start of the PS3/360 era of Budokai games but they threw it out for Raging Blast, which I never had fun with at all.

There was this DBZ game on Gamecube that I really liked, think it was called Sagas

Had loads of fun playing it with a friend that lived on the block, but I feel like if I play it now it won't hold up.

Yeah Sagas is a real dated now, from what I heard when people go back to it now it just feels like a lamer version of dynasty warriors with RPG mechanics.

Bandai Namco filling their yearly Dragon Ball game quota with a game has a fusion between Goku and Broly as the main selling point.

Maybe but I don't see it as their main title for this year that would be filling their quota, and from what the description says its just 1 of many many fusions in the game, their could be 100s.

Line_HTX

Anyone else buying that new Naruto Ninja Storm game?

I think I'll stick with Arcsys fighters of Blazblue/Persona and that Dengeki Bunko Ignition game. Ignition has Yuuki, and guess what? Yuuki can One Touch Death you with max resources, ROFL.

It's more like Harmony Gold is claiming they own a piece of land because they rented it for 3 years from the original owners (Bandai, Big West) Cousin (Tatsunoko) and every time the original owners try to rent out that piece of land to someone else, Harmony Gold flips their lid and threatens to sue anyone who dares to step a foot into it.

Obviously there's a bit more to this but that's the basic gist of it.

Man... that is unfortunate... So inward looking...

=/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I also recall LoG being one of the few DBZ games to be developed in America instead of Japan.

Trying to decide if I want to pre-order One Piece Burning Blood or wait for a sale. I find it kind of funny that you get swimsuit outfits for pre-ordering for the 4 (& so far only) females, & yet (semi spoilers? 2 of them, we haven't met yet)
only one of them (Nami) can actually swim. Also lol Perona's swimsuit only available via digital pre-order

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You don't trust the Danganronpa developers to make an One Piece game? But Monokuma's already got a laugh that fits right in with the other unique laughs!

We got the Ultimate Swordsman, Ultimate Thief, Ultimate Lier, Ultimate Doctor, & more!

Hey Metroid, Play the DB Evolution PSP game too. believe it or not, its a Budokai title.

I also recall LoG being one of the few DBZ games to be developed in America instead of Japan.

Yeah mostly handheld and during the GBA era:
~The Legacy of Goku
~The Legacy of Goku II
~The Legacy of Goku III - Buu's Fury
~Dragon Ball Z: Sagas
~Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu
~Dragon Ball GT: Transformation

Oh god Taiketsu, that was vomit in a GBA shell.

I probably will but it makes me upset anyway! NoA has gotta stop making 50 copies of things. It's stupid.

Well if nothing else, Nintendo is committed to something actually being limited unlike other companies. Then again, I have a second copy of Fates SE on pre-order if something goes awry with my original Amazon order so it can't be that limited.

Puruzi

Banned
Yeah Sagas is a real dated now, from what I heard when people go back to it now it just feels like a lamer version of dynasty warriors with RPG mechanics.
Dang, that's a shame.
You don't trust the Danganronpa developers to make an One Piece game? But Monokuma's already got a laugh that fits right in with the other unique laughs!

We got the Ultimate Swordsman, Ultimate Thief, Ultimate Lier, Ultimate Doctor, & more!

I want this very badly now

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
One Piece is so old, it has a Game Boy Color game.

.......also the first game it got was on the Wonderswan of all things.

I also keep seeing the Wii game, Unlimited Adventure, at my GameStop. For some reason, I'm always tempted to try it out, but for $40 used, I pass it each time.

You could honestly say that with nearly every SE Nintendo makes.
At least it isn't exclusive to their ONE store in ONE city in ONE state. Thankfully, after MK8 & Hyrule Warriors, they don't seem to do that anymore....hopefully...

Legacy of Goku to Legacy of Goku II is the highest upturn in quality of a sequel ever.

Webfoot Technologies really took the feedback to heart when they made the sequels, it was surprising when I played LoG2 and how much different it was. never got around to playing LoG3.

Heard that DBGT game was meh never tried it.

Line_HTX

We should have more games with Bryce's voice in it.

:p

I actually kinda wonder if Toei is planning some kind of different version of Dragon Ball Super for Western release. I'd like to think they're not just sitting there letting the hype for that series slip through their fingers for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom